Indy 4 Artifact

bob

I dont think that Indy will spend the main part of the film looking for an Egyption artifact as it is a little too Mummy like and maybe a little too generic I mean it is only a matter of time before Egypt appears in a Tomb Raider film and the Myths of Egypt are a little too strange for even an Indy film....! But Indy may well return to Egypt.

Yes we are talking about the Garden of Eden, the whole rumour is based on what Lucas said Indy IV would be about years ago and a script report that said it was very religious but I seriously doubt that is still the plot being used as it was so long ago.

00Kevin

Indyfan
I don't mind, egypt perhaps as the opening, but those bloody people would think that's too unorigonal, even for the franchise that inspired adventures in egypt...................................bloody little.................................................

bob

I just dont want the Desert anymore!
It hasnt rained once in an Indy film (other than the beginning of LC)

00Kevin

Indyfan
I agree, not too much desert, an opening scene in the middle east is all I'm saying, but get new exotic locations

BananaJones

00Kevin said:
I agree, not too much desert, an opening scene in the middle east is all I'm saying, but get new exotic locations

Exotic locations....
Indy is hamming up with those hot hula dancers in Hawaii.
Nothing would beat that!!!!

Jones_86

i vote the amazon, great rift valley and canadian/alaskan rockies.......maybe a city chase(San Fran, Boston, NYC, etc...)
just my 2 cents

OUT

00Kevin

Indyfan
BananaJones said:
YEAH!!!! 100 posts!!!! whooooo!!!!

*looks down at the newbie celebrating 100 posts*

"and to think I was once down there.

anywho, nice job

I agree, arctic seems to out of the way, I could see a trip to siberia, or Nepal :D

bob

Adventure films must feature either: - Desert
- Jungle
- Arctic

The Jungle is very difficult to film in, and very difficult to stage major Tank Chase like chases in.

The Arctic will either look barren or the Environment will dominate the action.

The Desert is a lot easier to film in and action sequences can be filmed without much trouble.

But please NO MORE CITIES!

bob

Indy does not belong in cities, he is a pulp hero and something of a modern day explorer. He does not belong in cities, he should be hacking his way through the jungle or going through the (Shudder desert) to find abandoned cities. NOT CITIES, otherwise Indys action sequences offer nothing different from the Bond films, etc you will see loads of chases on rivers (crusade) but how many times will you see an escape on a dinghy from a plane answer once.

monkey

Bob, I've got to disagree a little bit on the City idea.

My Indy novel that I'm writing right now begins in the City of New York. There's quite a few rousing actions scenes and cliff hangers there. I think you'd like it.

I do agree though that he's got to eventually go to a more exotic environment, and he will, but I found the city of New York in 1937 to be a fine place to start the adventure.