I've got 6 Bullwhips

indyfan1202

I now have 6 bullwhip, a 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 ft. All black but the 8 ft, which is black and brown. not replica, but at least it cracks. Does anyone have any tips on how to take care of them, or ways to crack them? And would someone please tell me how to latch it onto something, like a low branch. Every time I try to, it just wraps around and then unwraps.

StarFire

6 eh? Very cool. I haven't had a whip in about 10 years...can't afford one now :( What type of leather are they made of? And where did you get them, if you don't mind my asking?

As for your questions, here's one of the best sites I've found for whip-related questions. These guys have more experience than I, so I'll just defer you to them:

http://www.bullwhip.org/

Some quick notes: you'll find wraps easier with your 8-12 ft whips when starting out. The 3-4 are more for target cracking, and the 6 is quite versatile once you get the hang of it; if you're very good, you can still do some target cutting (if your whip is in excellent shape). Cracking takes practice; be patient and careful--they leave welts if your not careful ;) and you will hit yourself a few times as you learn. Don't be discouraged. The trick to cracking (in my experience) is in the wrist, not in how hard you hurl the whip. So don't use all your strength when practicing. Good luck!

indyfan1202

thanks for the tips and the link. I'm not sure of the type of leather, but I got it off of Ebay, it was from a seller who has retailer samplers, they're a good price, I bought them for about $80.00 with shipping and everything.

I'm pretty good at cracking, just being a 13-year-old.

wolfgang

Well, I have one, but I only have it as part of my colletion, I don't really want to crack it...unless its an ermergency (ZGod, I hope it happens ;))