"Delivrance" Independent film

ElodieJones

First I'm sorry to not be able to come more often on this board :(
But I'm really busy... Anyway I still come to see the news about "Indy IV" of course :p

I don't know if I can show this here, cause it's nothing to do with Indiana Jones. It's my first movie.
Well my first part, I play the 3rd part in this independent film.
And it was very difficult part to play, I hope that I will not be too bad...

Delivrance.jpg

Here is the official website where you can watch the trailer :
http://delivrance.dhammadana.org/

If you are interested to watch the whole film, it will be free to download in February 2008.

Anyway thanks for watching the trailer!

ElodieJones

Thanks for those answer.

But I never see "French Connection II" shame on me...
So I don't really understand what you mean.

Thanks for watching this trailer ;)

Indy Smith

My main criticisms over the film trailer was that it felt too long and not too sure what it was about by the end. I do not fault anyone making a film, but we all have to be at ease with criticsm.

Certainly first thing I would offer is to clip down this trailer. make it a bit shorter and more memorable. This was something I tried to do for this trailer for my movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUELoWQ-WM

Full of snappy scenes, catchy music and cool one liners. The Scots are lapping it up :D

Deliverance looks like it's been shot fairly well. Not the best of cameras or maybe not the best of post production grading, but that doesn't affect how shots are framed, which seem very well done. That never stood out to me as bad. Nor did the editing just the choice to make the trailer longer. Would be good to see some better grading to make it look more filmic or at least less video like.

Good luck with ze movie Elodie.

ElodieJones

Hey, thank you very much for the critics Indy Smith !
Even if it's not "my" film, critics are important.

Yes I think too that the trailer is a bit longer and too much "speaking".

No professional material for the film, only a little DVix camera, with a small micro and 2 projectors. And for the crew, only the director and the actors ;)
So really really "amateur", so I don't wait a great movie, but I hope it will be a nice film to watch.

I didn't saw the whole film yet. And I didn't see anything else than the trailer.
I will watch the film during a special projection in a little theater in Geneva on Februrary 15. And I must admit that I'm very VERY AFRAID :sick:

Then the movie will be free to download on Azureus and Emule.
So I'll let you know for those who want to watch it.

Anyway, thanks for watching the trailer

ElodieJones

Yeaaah ;D

delivrance_small.jpg

The movie "Deliverance" is available partly subtitled in English, partly into the shape of English dialogues.

You can download it freely. Here is the link : http://delivrance.dhammadana.org/en.htm

Hope you'll like it and don't forget to let your impressions here !
Just don't forget that it's really an independant and 100% amateur film.
No professionals, no technicians, no material, no money.
Only the pleasure to make a movie.

Enjoy