Fantastic Four

Dr Bones

Rocket Surgeon said:
I can see The Terminator going there, but how whould you swing it with the Fantastic 4?!?

Stop it before someone gets cross......:eek: ahem.

I don't see the point of a F4 rebbot at all. I'd be as disintersted in it as I would in a straight out sequel with the previous cast.

Darker and gritty..puhlease...F4 is a light popcorm flick at best as with the comic. IMHO despite it's hige fanbase and comic success I thinks F4 is lightweight movie material.

We aren't talking Batman or Watchmen etc.

The previous films were fine...I'd rather they did a better job with another Marvel venture.

Snakes

I'm somewhat glad they're going to do a reboot. I defiantly don't think going dark and gritty is a good idea though, it wouldn't fit with the style of the comic. Look at Iron Man, that was pretty light and comedic but took itself seriously enough not to become too goofy. One thing a lot of people don't seem to get about the FF is that its more of a sci-fi story than a superhero story. Yeah sure the got powers and blue costumes and all that, but they don't fight crime. All of the best FF stories deal with time travel, parallel realities, and the like. If the studio realizes this, gets a good script written, and a good cast (don't get me started of the last cast, with the exception of Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis) I think they could make a great movie.

Yet I have a feeling that that wont quite happen...