My gear.....

Djd1

The first of these is with my rabbit AB and wested Hero in shrunken lamb and the second one is with my schubert SoC and S&J jacket in striated lamb. Shirt is an Azuma the trousers are Todd's
201305111339071.jpg

201305111336151.jpg

Gear

That really is some nice gear, and you pull it off well. The pictures look really cool, too. Adds a lot to the whole effect!

Djd1

Thanks guys
img20130511213652.jpg

Here's another showing the Steele and Jones jacket

And this one is the wested again
img20130511155410.jpg

The wested is very similar in texture to this jacket I think

superstock1606152263.jpg

Last edited:

Goodeknight

Djd1 said:

Nice stuff! What about the rest of the gear (whip, bag [authentic MK VII or repro?], revolver [S&W? real deal or prop?], etc.)?

And what about the rest of the stuff in the room? I believe I see a grail tablet, R2-D2, and some chilled monkey brains.

Looks like you've got a lot of posting ahead. Can't wait!

Out of curiosity, I see 86 posts to date. Obviously you're a huge fan. What took you so long to belly up at The Raven?

Djd1

All good questions!
Why so long to post stuff at the Raven? Short answer, COW and all the nonsense there put me off the forum side of this hobby for a long time.
The other gear is a purewhips whip. Nothing special but it looks the part. Gun belt and bag strap Wade Egan. Bag is a Magnoli. I have a genuine one but really just for display as you never know when the webbing is going to give out on the old ones...
Holster is by Jake Johnson. Gun is a resin replica painted by me. Have a few other shirts (AB, WPG, Todd's, wested etc).
Yes there's one of enigmata woods grail tablets on the wall there, monkey brains, grail diary, etc etc etc!

Djd1

Currently I'm waiting for one of Bill Kelsos excellent Relic Hunter jackets and a pair of Magnoli's Adventure pants in his newer "authentic brown" material.

:D

jsarino

Wow, I'm very impressed, Djd1! I envy all the Indy gear that you've got! You know, if you get your Bill Kelso and want to part away with your Wested jacket, I'd be glad to take it off your hands. :D

Djd1

You never know!
Seriously though, the Wested Hero in the shrunken lamb is a very good jacket for the price. Tough too.

IndyJones_36

Djd1 said:
The first of these is with my rabbit AB and wested Hero in shrunken lamb and the second one is with my schubert SoC and S&J jacket in striated lamb. Shirt is an Azuma the trousers are Todd's
201305111339071.jpg

201305111336151.jpg

Hey, there! Sorry to crash your thread, but I'm looking to get a Wested Hero Shrunken Lamb jacket, myself. I've talked to a rep at Wested and she said the jacket actually runs a little large. Did you just order your normal size? Looks like it fits good on you. Really sharp!

Djd1

Maybe... This is a 42 and I'd sometimes wear a 44. To be honest you could go either way. The Hawaii jacket looks bigger on Ford than the main hero jacket so you could do one look or the other

IndyJones_36

Djd1 said:
Maybe... This is a 42 and I'd sometimes wear a 44. To be honest you could go either way. The Hawaii jacket looks bigger on Ford than the main hero jacket so you could do one look or the other

Yeah, I used to have a Wested 44 in the dark lamb, but I kinda grew out of it. I think I might be able to wear that size again, but I would hate to gamble it. It's a lot of money to spend for "maybe".

Is your shrunken lamb pretty textured? The sample photo I got from Wested looks pretty rough. Could you put up some close-up shots of the leather from your jacket, if you have time? :eek:

Thanks!

jsarino

Drones33 said:
These are great. Let's have some more photos of Indyfans in their Indy Gear:)

I posted this elsewhere in the forums, but here's a pic of mine from a few months back, along with my cosplay BFF (she was dressed as Lara Croft), and our respective kids in Marvel attire. I can't seem to find a pic of just me in my attire.

IMG_5248516438247.jpeg