The Lost Journal

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
There's already a thread on this in the Literature table. But, I must say I'm looking forward to that one and hoping that it will be sold in Australia.

Finn

Staff member
A duplicate thread I can understand, but why the spoiler forum? Get it already, it is for the plot points of upcoming movie only, and I don't see any in the opening post.

Moved.

Grizzlor

I hope it's some kind of Indy encyclopedia or companion, and not just the novelization of the new movie.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
From the description I read on the other thread in Literature, it's refers to all of Indy's adventures including Indy IV. Basically the once and for all, chronicles.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I've always imagined such a book, hopefully with an index and bibliography, that would compliment the various Star Wars encyclopediae.
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Journal-Indiana-Jones/dp/1416563156
(This other one seems to be for children.)
http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Ultimate-DK-Publishing/dp/0756635004
More info (from elsewhere):
From the scorching sands of Cairo to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon, this personal journal of Dr Henry 'Indiana' Jones, Jr chronicles every thrilling adventure, from the original Raiders of the Lost Ark to the eagerly anticipated fourth feature film. Filled with sketches, notes and jottings in the great man's own hand, and accompanied by rare archive photos and much material never published before, the journal records the artefacts and discoveries, the folklore and the characters -- not to mention the narrow escapes and heroic escapades -- encountered on each of his globetrotting travels. For Indiana Jones fans old and new who wish to recapture the excitement of these legendary films in book form, The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones provides a uniquely vivid inside view of the swashbuckling world of cinema's most popular adventurer.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Same here, Indy_Chic. That one I'm very much looking forward to, right with the Marvel and Dark Horse Omnibuses.

G-Man

UK Amazon has an image of the cover of the Lost Journal.

51hPCJjfx6L._SS500_.jpg

Looks awesome...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It seems the Russians steal his journal, judging from the cover. I wonder if it will have all his film adventures in it, written from his perspective or if it is just KOTCS from his perspective?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The cover says...
Department: The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation
Artifact: The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones
Date Processed: November 10, 19XX
Location found: Peru, South America
Item Number: T1-5313-FJJ
Details: The journal of Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. (aka "Indiana" Jones), from the years 1908-1957. Obtained by the KGB in 1957 and subsequently inherited by our collection. XXXX Further details and notes enclosed within. Contents are highly sensitive. Confidential

Will this be part of the plot? Would Indy carry something this important on a risky adventure and lose it, like he did with the grail diary?

G-Man

BC_1416563156.jpg

The spiel reads:

'URGENT JUST RELEASED: THE LOST JOURNAL OF INDIANA JONES(TM)
The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation is pleased to release one of its most prized holdings, the heretofore "lost" journal of Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr., which was obscured within the KGB's collection for years before passing into the Russian Federation's possession. From Jones's notes on his youthful encounters with the likes of Lawrence of Arabia and Teddy Roosevelt, through his adulthood adventures with the Thuggee Cult, the Nazis, and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, this journal covers nearly fifty years in his life, spanning from 1908 to 1957. Dr. Jones's snapshots, sketches, press clippings, and entries recording his personal thoughts are all revealed in this volume, giving new insight into one of the most enigmatic adventurers of the twentieth century.'

So Indy's complete adventures then.:)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
F_1416563156.gif

Here's their site.
Edit: this used to be a small image of the back cover with the text G-Man listed.

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
That URGENT image looks like it's the back cover of the book. Either way, I am really looking forward to getting that. (y)

Andy Jones

Can't wait for this book. Of all the books coming out this is the one I want the most. Great to see they are including the young Indy series as well. Wonder if there will be much from the novels in there.