Indiana Jones Superfan - Art cards!!

Finn

Staff member
So... in order to make this little gallery of fame, you apparently need to have a very manly beard. Lacking that, one of those charming grins you usually see on serial arsonists and used car salesmen seems to cut it too in a pinch. Even better if you have both.

I'm rarely saying this, but... this thread scares the wits out of me. This is the bunch I'm supposed to be lording over?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Finn said:
So... in order to make this little gallery of fame, you apparently need to have a very manly beard. Lacking that, one of those charming grins you usually see on serial arsonists and used car salesmen seems to cut it too in a pinch. Even better if you have both.

The critera is simple "recognise those within our community who have made significant contributions/efforts in supporting the knowledge pool" but yes, the beard is essential, even for the women but prehaps not as much as Montana's.

Finn said:
I'm rarely saying this, but... this thread scares the wits out of me. This is the bunch I'm supposed to be lording over?

Ha!Ha! Damn, Straight, King of the Indy Loonies!! So, stop procrastinating, send me some reference and take hold of your crown...

Montana Smith

Finn said:

You mean John Rhys Davies, Oliver Reed, David Niven and the Wolfman?

All dangerous schizophrenics confined to the secure wing of the 'hospital'. (Oliver Reed, however, made it over the wall in search of booze).

JuniorJones said:
Ha!Ha! Damn, Straight, King of the Indy Loonies!! So, stop procrastinating, send me some reference and take hold of your crown...

Hail to the king, baby!

Indy's brother

JuniorJones said:
matt2-2.jpg

THIS. This is awesome! Now if we could just get him to stop piddling on the floor.....

*rolls up newspaper*

Finn

Staff member
Click.

JuniorJones said:
the beard is essential, even for the women
You know, I'm pretty sure that going full frontal is against the PG-13 nature we try to maintain here.

And as a related topic, I guess I'll have to check what the regulations say about serving to animals... <I hope it's nothing, though, because enforcing that policy would mean losing half the regular clientele.>

Montana Smith

Finn said:
And as a related topic, I guess I'll have to check what the regulations say about serving to animals... <I hope it's nothing, though, because enforcing that policy would mean losing half the regular clientele.>

Aroo?

Whine. Pant. Pant. [Sees discarded peanut on the bar floor and goes over to claim it]

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Finn said:

I can work with that. It will be like a Turner from the latter stages of his life.

finn said:
You know, I'm pretty sure that going full frontal is against the PG-13 nature we try to maintain here.

Pfnarr! Pfnarr!

Finn said:

Meow!

Stoo

Montana Wolf said:
You mean John Rhys Davies, Oliver Reed, David Niven and the Wolfman?
That may look like David Niven from "Charge of the Light Brigade" or "Around the World in 80 Days" but, for the record, I have NEVER worn a moustache!:p

stoo-1.jpg
Fan_1.jpg

Finn said:
So... in order to make this little gallery of fame, you apparently need to have a very manly beard. Lacking that, one of those charming grins you usually see on serial arsonists and used car salesmen seems to cut it too in a pinch.
Now this here '77 AMC Pacer is a real chick-magnet. Girls just can't resist a man who drives one of these babies so, tell you what, I'll make a special deal just for you! 50 bucks and it's yours. (Then when you're at home tonight, I'll set it on fire right in your own driveway!):D
JuniorJones said:
I can work with that. It will be like a Turner from the latter stages of his life.
Ha! Good one, JJ. (Gotta love Turner.);)

The Drifter

What a great idea for a thread! The guys and gals who pour thier heart and soul into everything Indy sure do need a dip into the limelight! And, outstanding work JJ!

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:

Hmm, I was getting a hint of Munch...

munch_scream.jpg

7GeIM.jpg

The Drifter said:
What a great idea for a thread! The guys and gals who pour thier heart and soul into everything Indy sure do need a dip into the limelight! And, outstanding work JJ!

"Your name will also go on the list!"

(Classic Dad's Army)

Finn

Staff member
Easy there, guys. If this turns out to be a club for crony good boys, I'll have to draw my name from contention.

Not that I have anything against The Drifter's inclusion, as long as proper notions are put forward. More prestige these things have, more revered they tend to be.

Like I said, it'd be nice if you folks would also put forward some notions on why a particular fan should be in this little HoF. For example, it's still bit unclear to me what exactly I've done to "support the knowledge pool", since all I recall doing is sitting here, flattening my backside for the past decade or so, offering occasional snarky commentary.

Stoo

Finn said:
Here to remind you folks that you're treading close to disturbing the infamous pointer #4... though I suppose in this case it's somewhat justified.
Well...
No Talk Behind Backs:
Please do not talk about, or even hint to, people who have been banned from The Raven. Neither about people whom you know have left these forums at their own choosing. It is not kind to talk about old friends or rivals when you know they no longer follow -- or are no longer able to reply to -- conversations here at The Raven. The same rule applies for banned members their websites & other works.
He does follow and he can post. No rules have been broken in Rocket's case.;)
Finn said:
Like I said, it'd be nice if you folks would also put forward some notions on why a particular fan should be in this little HoF. For example, it's still bit unclear to me what exactly I've done to "support the knowledge pool", since all I recall doing is sitting here, flattening my backside for the past decade or so, offering occasional snarky commentary.
When I joined 7 years ago, you were indeed contributing to the "knowledge pool", so your nomination by JJ can be based on that first half of the past decade.:D

Finn

Staff member
Stoo said:
He does follow and he can post. No rules have been broken in Rocket's case.
Oh, really? Good.

The guy's a dick.

Stoo said:
When I joined 7 years ago, you were indeed contributing to the "knowledge pool", so your nomination by JJ can be based on that first half of the past decade.
That flies, I s'pose. Though don't really recall doing it in any greater quantity than most others who frequented the premises at the time.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Finn said:
Easy there, guys. If this turns out to be a club for crony good boys, I'll have to draw my name from contention..

I can see your point and that's not the perception I would want to create. The people already chosen, would in my view and I imagine others not be contested and each picture has been accompained with a written brief. Other than Indyclone25, who I wanted to surprise, I have had permisson.

Some very deserving members, especially one who I would dearly love to do, have declined so this may effect the final choices.

Finn said:
Like I said, it'd be nice if you folks would also put forward some notions on why a particular fan should be in this little HoF.

That's the hope.

Finn said:
For example, it's still bit unclear to me what exactly I've done to "support the knowledge pool", since all I recall doing is sitting here, flattening my backside for the past decade or so, offering occasional snarky commentary.

Since I have been here you have been a guiding hand to the members in supporting us with the snarky comments. Sometimes the ref need a clap. (or the clap, depends on their preference)