Raiders IMAX Poster

KramStaar

I guess its safe to say that I'm very aware of and more than qualified to comment on the legal issues here. That said, I don't believe its necessary - if you know its bootleg, don't purchase the thing because besides being unethical, its downright idiotic.

Regarding the posters. There are a number of variants of the poster - and please, I wasn't responsible for changing the name - and these are:

1) The mini posters that you'll (hopefully) receive at the IMAX screening.
2) The one-sheet poster you'll receive when you book your ticket for the Indy marathon at the AMC complexes
3) Another mini poster that will be included when you purchase your Blu-Ray from (I think) Target. At this stage there are plans to include all of the classic Indy posters - also as mini's - so besides your blu-ray you'll get a collection of mini posters as well.

The big illuminated posters are not for sale but maybe you'll be able to score one from a friendly cinema owner.

The above are US deals and at this stage it appears that only the UK wil be getting the IMAX release but there is no word on posters.

I know that in Australia the chain Sanity are giving away mini posters of the new IMAX illustration to folk purchasing the blu-ray.

Other than that, there are no plans to make the new Raiders illustration available as a licensed product. NO licensees are permitted to sell them currently. Obviously, this might change but this is the current LFL and Paramount stance on the matter.

Its possible I will have a small number of IMAX one-sheets to sell sometime in the future. I'm waiting for a delivery of items from Lucasfilm and hopefully this will include a number of posters. If successful, I'll make them available signed and dedicated. They will be sold from my web site….

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

Last edited:
KramStaar said:
I guess its safe to say that I'm qualified to comment regarding this matter.
People profiting from the work of others really need to look in the mirror, (Kramstaar, HA!).

Since you're here, any way to get the poster without the:

"Indiana Jones and..." ?

Nice work by the way.:hat:

KramStaar said:
I guess its safe to say that I'm very aware of and more than qualified to comment on the legal issues here. That said, I don't believe its necessary - if you know its bootleg, don't purchase the thing because besides being unethical, its downright idiotic.

Regarding the posters. There are a number of variants of the poster - and please, I wasn't responsible for changing the name - and these are:

2) The one-sheet poster you'll receive when you book your ticket for the Indy marathon at the AMC complexes
3) Another mini poster that will be included when you purchase your Blu-Ray from (I think) Target. At this stage there are plans to include all of the classic Indy posters - also as mini's - so besides your blu-ray you'll get a collection of mini posters as well.

The big illuminated posters are not for sale but maybe you'll be able to score one from a friendly cinema owner.

The above are US deals and at this stage it appears that only the UK wil be getting the IMAX release but there is no word on posters.

I know that in Australia the chain Sanity are giving away mini posters of the new IMAX illustration to folk purchasing the blu-ray.

Other than that, there are no plans to make the new Raiders illustration available as a licensed product. NO licensees are permitted to sell them currently. Obviously, this might change but this is the current LFL and Paramount stance on the matter.

Its possible I will have a small number of IMAX one-sheets to sell sometime in the future. I'm waiting for a delivery of items from Lucasfilm and hopefully this will include a number of posters. If successful, I'll make them available signed and dedicated. They will be sold from my web site….

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

Last edited:

KramStaar

Rocket Surgeon said:
People profiting from the work of others really need to look in the mirror, (Kramstaar, HA!).

Since you're here, any way to get the poster without the:

"Indiana Jones and..." ?

Nice work by the way.:hat:

LOL.. cheers mate.

Sadly no. All I did was the artwork and LFL did the rest..

For me it will always be "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Best

MARK

russds

Nice, thanks for the official word. It would be nice to get a signed official version from your website, if you have a moment, please update here when (if) those become available. Nice work!!

KramStaar said:

Its possible I will have a small number of IMAX one-sheets to sell sometime in the future. I'm waiting for a delivery of items from Lucasfilm and hopefully this will include a number of posters. If successful, I'll make them available signed and dedicated. They will be sold from my web site?.

Kind regards

MARK RAATS

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
KramStar said:
...if you know its bootleg, don't purchase the thing because besides being unethical, its downright idiotic.

Nicely put.

The people that make profit from bootlegging have no respect for either the artist or the work so we shouldn't be indifferent to their activites.

kramstar said:
Its possible I will have a small number of IMAX one-sheets to sell sometime in the future. I'm waiting for a delivery of items from Lucasfilm and hopefully this will include a number of posters. If successful, I'll make them available signed and dedicated. They will be sold from my web site?.

It's a beautiful image and fits nicely into the poster canon. Also, I hope that you able to make the poster available as it will be nice to know that the person who created the work is benefiting from it.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
security_zps81e1b6dd.jpg

Lucasfilm have been putting small tags on the poster in making them slightly less attractive for counterfeiters to fake.

I guess there are not turning a blind eye...

emtiem

I picked one of these mini-posters at the IMAX Waterloo after seeing Raiders: it's really rather lovely. I think I might pop it in a frame- it's a nice size for a wall.

Goodeknight

emtiem said:
I picked one of these mini-posters at the IMAX Waterloo after seeing Raiders: it's really rather lovely. I think I might pop it in a frame- it's a nice size for a wall.

Mini posters are a nice size. Full size movie posters really dominate a wall, and can overpower a whole room.

indyclone25

indyclone25 said:
on ebay there is a banner that is 27x 40 and only 37.00 shipping is about 15.00 but it comes from the phillipines , the banner would last a long time too,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260689679874?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
just got my banner today and to tell the truth it looks pretty damn awesome! i just have to get a frame for it and it will look better on my wall. i will post a pic of it soon , but i have to do it when the wife isn't home , she won't let me have it til christmas!:(

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
here is a few pics of my imax banner i got on ebay from the phillipines
indyimaxposter001.jpg

indyimaxposter004.jpg

You mean the "bootlegged banner" from the phillipines! No?:eek:

Loving the blinds!! Does Michael Corleone live in your house?:D :D

indyclone25

JuniorJones said:
You mean the "bootlegged banner" from the phillipines! No?:eek:

Loving the blinds!! Does Michael Corleone live in your house?:D :D
so what if its bootlegged , you didnt buy it . i did i'm happy with it. and what's with the blinds crack .dude get off your high horse. nobody listens to you anyway.
(y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
so what if its bootlegged , you didnt buy it . i did i'm happy with it. and what's with the blinds crack anyway.(y)

Wow! Like, wow! OMG! Chill out, Duudddde.:eek:

I've a lot of respect for you Mark but I think your Indy buying has somewhat addled your mind as your a bit hyper-senstive to slighly inoffensive playful comments.

It's call humour or hummus, sometimes I get confused.

I actually LOVE the blinds. It's a Godfather reference. I've always had blinds because of this.

d2-0.33.28.jpg

Here a picture of my wife and I in out lounge! I guess it passed you by....:rolleyes: (psst. Mark, it isn't really it from Godfather Part II. Just in case you were confused.)

I'm glad your happy with it and I hope you both have a many happy hours together. It looking at you, you looking at it. Just wanted you to confirm it was a bootleg which you have done quite spectacularly. So, thankyou.

indyclone25 said:
dude get off your high horse.

Don't have a horse.

indyclone25 said:
nobody listens to you anyway.:up

Ha!Ha! Not going to disagree with that! However, I imagine people will listen to the artist Mark Raats.

KramStaar said:
- if you know its bootleg, don't purchase the thing because besides being unethical, its downright idiotic.

I guess that's you. No?(y)

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
LETS GET ready to rrrruuUUMBLE!

I like a good fight, me.

Bit of slap and tickle, hair pulling, that sort of thing.

328.jpg

Come to think of it, where's Von Stalhein? This sort of thing's right up his alley.

Junior, you're not jealous because his poster is bigger than yours (or mine for that matter!), are you?

Though I do feel cheeted out of a peek at:
JuniorJones said:
...a picture of my wife and I in out lounge!

Considering you and the little lady in the kitchen:
rolling.jpg

What an awesome picture!