I want to introduce myself.

Hello my name is Charlie Swindall the gladhatter. I ma not here to argue nor make any thing but friends and customers. We do make custom hand made hats as they did 100 years ago. We also carry most commercial lines hats. If I can assist you in your quest for head wear or any thing related to hats please let me know. you do not need to be a customer to ask questions. You will need to be nice to get nice answers. I have had noting but bad experiences on tese forums to date and have offered and given a ton of support to many privatly to be turned on and spit in the face for giving them honest answers to their questions. You will probably read from Fisk many slandering thoughts and almost all are completly distorted facts that have became lies they are so wrong. I ask you kindly to please ask me about any concern and not a person that has absolutly no knowledge of me but seeks every opertunity to impune my charcter. If you seek hats or hat parts to make restore or finish a hat I think I can help you. While I offer hats that no one in the industry can compare to I also offer the least spectacular commercial lines. I belive if the hat fits wear it, if not stretch it or reblock it. You do not need a 1200.00 to feel good in it. I have hats of all kinds but tend to wear a 20 year old wool felt hat more than any.

I look foward to talking to you all and becoming productive member if people like Fisk does not get me banned for having to defend the truth agressivly . please write call or mail me to chat or just post one.

Charlie

Shipwreck

Moderator Emeritus
Unfortunately, we do not allow the advertisement and selling of any items on the site. If you would like to sell your product, I encourage you to create an online site or mailing that you can provide via email or personal request to those who may be interested. I'm sorry about some of the misfortune you are experiencing with other members or those from other web sites. This is one of the reasons we do not condone using the site to sell your product. It creates unecessary situations.

However, as far as discussion about Indiana Jones, we welcome it wholeheartedly. Thank you for letting us know about your concerns.

I thought I answered you at length but I must have not hit submit so I will answer shorter. Yes we make all kinds of hats. We do not however sell or advertise any specific hat here.

Webley

My name is Webley and Im not a smart man

gladhatter said:
I thought I answered you at length but I must have not hit submit so I will answer shorter. Yes we make all kinds of hats. We do not however sell or advertise any specific hat here.

So you do make Short Rounds hat? Im not quite shor I know what your saying.

[Edited by Webley on 11-20-2003 at 02:29 am]

Well I will try to answer you as clearly as possible. The Gladhatter hat company makes short round hats. Gladhatter cn be reached by email at gladhatter@gladhattter.net . I am not sure more informations on short round hats is appropiate to this forum.

bob

Well at the very least its one of the most unqiue threads ive seen on the raven in sometime

Joe Brody

gladhatter said:
The Gladhatter hat company makes short round hats.

Isn't the Short Round hat a New York Giants Baseball cap? I could be wrong on this, but for some reason I'm thinking that the Giants' trademarks have not gone into the public domain. Does the Gladhatter hat company have an appropriate license?

[Edited by Joe Brody on 11-20-2003 at 01:27 pm]

Redbeard

Please folks, let's not get personal. I know Charlie is not an easy person, but I also know he really takes care about his customers. He would even learn new techniques to satisfiy a wish. The real problem is, we haven't seen a single finished product by now. This so I hope will change soon. And if the product is good and the service too, who cares wether the dealer is in private life a "not so easy preson" or not?

Charlie, why don't you send a hat to Ren so he could have look at it, maybe if he sees it's as good as you say, you two could once and for all settle this matter.

Why should one hunt a rabbit if one easily could have a beaver? Ask Elmer Fudd :)

Cheers,
Redbeard

Webley

Joe Brody said:
gladhatter said:
The Gladhatter hat company makes short round hats.

Isn't the Short Round hat a New York Giants Baseball cap? I could be wrong on this, but for some reason I'm thinking that the Giants' trademarks have not gone into the public domain. Does the Gladhatter hat company have an appropriate license?

[Edited by Joe Brody on 11-20-2003 at 01:27 pm]

So what, who cares, its a SHORT ROUND HAT!

Joe Brody

Webley said:
So what, who cares, its a SHORT ROUND HAT!

For his own sake, I hope Gladhatter cares. I'm no intellectual property attorney, but I'd advise any vendor to be very specific where goods bearing a trademark are concerned. For example, the Trademark Counterfeiting Act of 1984 provides:

Section 2320. Trafficking in counterfeit goods or services

(a) Whoever intentionally traffics or attempts to traffic in goods or services and knowingly uses a counterfeit mark on or in connection with such goods or services shall, if an individual, be fined not more than $2,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both, and, if a person other than an individual, be fined not more than $5,000,000. In the case of an offense by a person under this section that occurs after that person is convicted of another offense under this section, the person convicted, if an individual, shall be fined not more than $5,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both, and if other than an individual, shall be fined not more than $15,000,000.

Also, I'm sure there are other civil state and local causes of actions out there.

Again, I might be wrong, but I think the Short Round cap bears a trademarked logo that I don't think has gone into the public domain. I wouldn't being saying that I could sell such a cap unless I possessed a license from the owner of the trademark.

Oppppppppppss

I am sooooooooooo dense. I had no idea you was referering to some hat brand. We do not carry the brand and I am not familiar with it and of course we do not make it.

I am beginning to think my wife right and I need to quite posting on any forum . I was just trying to be helpful and remain dumb. And I am glad you are starting to show me some love Fisky and do nott worry I will not be making any counterfit hats.

Simple truth is I thoiught some one was asking a generic question as a novice about some hat maybe a bowler or derby . We do make short round hats we also make tall square and retangular ones along with several 1000 oter types on request and payment for such.

Please forgive me for being th novice here.