Bantam Series: Canon?

OhioJones

Do you consider the Indiana Jones novels to be canon or just a loose extended universe.

Also what book would you pick to continue the series?

Oh how dissapointing i thought this was about CanYon or not ?? NO TO CANYON! :D

lol im just bored at home you know I love ya Canyon ;)

Junior Jones

OhioJones said:
Do you consider the Indiana Jones novels to be canon or just a loose extended universe.

I consider just about everything canon, including the comics, video games, etc. but I know that not everyone does.
Some consider only the movies to be canon, and I have heard of a few people who only consider Raiders as canon and not the sequels.

Grimdiana Bones

Junior Jones said:
I consider just about everything canon, including the comics, video games, etc. but I know that not everyone does.
Some consider only the movies to be canon, and I have heard of a few people who only consider Raiders as canon and not the sequels.

I agree, I think of indy as very open ended, and meant for the charachter to have many different adventures. I dont really know what I'm trying to say here :p , but I consider everything up to fan fiction canon.

Webley

One thing I hate is the contradiction between The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles T.V show and the Indy books that were put out by Bantam books. In the T.V show Indy said he wantted to be an archaeologist in 1919 and in 1920 he was going to school to be one but in the books he graduates college in 1920 with a degree in linguistics :confused:

Grimdiana Bones

Webley said:
One thing I hate is the contradiction between The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles T.V show and the Indy books that were put out by Bantam books. In the T.V show Indy said he wantted to be an archaeologist in 1919 and in 1920 he was going to school to be one but in the books he graduates college in 1920 with a degree in linguistics :confused:

Lucasfilm needs to give me the job of keeping everything in line. They could pay me to be an official indy fanboy that sits in an office and watches the movies/shows/books looking for plot holes :p

Canyon

Luisiana Jones said:
Oh how dissapointing i thought this was about CanYon or not ?? NO TO CANYON! :D

lol im just bored at home you know I love ya Canyon ;)

Why thank you, Lousiana. :eek:

Webley

Grimdiana Bones said:
Lucasfilm needs to give me the job of keeping everything in line. They could pay me to be an official indy fanboy that sits in an office and watches the movies/shows/books looking for plot holes :p
That would be a kick ass job :whip: I would apply for it.

Grimdiana Bones

I havent read any of max mccoys books yet, I'm looking forward to them though. Every review I've read seems to say he is the better author, and I enjoy rob mcgregor, so max must be dynomite.

Can anyone back this up?

OhioJones

I can! Mcgregor is boring half the time and hardly captures the character of Jones in most of his novels (Minus of course Genesis Deluge). You will love Mcoy IMHO.

Webley

I dig all the Indy books even the Martin Caidin ones :whip:You have to admitt Gale Parker is a cool Indy girl.

Last edited: