Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Heh. If the playable character thing is true, then the bit about having never been playable before is wrong. That character was playable in LC: Graphic Adventure.

dr.jones1986

well im really excited...especially with all the new screenshots. I have a 360 and it would have been awsome to have an indy game on that, due to the graphics and all, but im still excited for the PS2 version( i hope FoA is incorporated on the PS2 version, i was to young to get into it when it was new).
The story is really getting interesting. I like the idea of the german villian not being just some generic nazi, but a former friend of indianas,maybe try to incorporate some kind of darth vader redemption thing. The nazi stuff could get a little hackneyed if they didnt add a bit of a twist( still would have prefered Japanese villians as a nice change, samurai sword vs whip lol). Seems you have the usually locals you would want in an indy adventure. The only thing worrying me now is they keep mentioning this Archie Tan...but the scene is in Lao Che's bar. I hope that is not just a throw away joke and he actually has some role in this game, i would really like to see indy settle it with him once and for all...

EvilDevo

The elusive page 40...
MagScan.jpg

dr.jones1986

nice, thanks for that scan.

Also the people like me who are getting it for PS2...while it may not have the 360's graphics...where getting it at half the price, which is a pretty good consolation prize if you ask me...

Snakes

Thanks a bunch for page 4! Also, if you've scanned the first 3, could you post them also? The new scan of page 4 is a lot higher resolution and easier to read. I can't wait for this game, it seems that it'll be pretty story driven and also have some great action/chase elements. If they can combine the excellent storytelling, atmosphere and voice talent from Fate of Atlantis with some cinematic action scenes, this could very well be an amazing game. I just hope they can pull it off...

Last edited:

Grizzlor

dr.jones1986 said:
well im really excited...especially with all the new screenshots. I have a 360 and it would have been awsome to have an indy game on that, due to the graphics and all, but im still excited for the PS2 version( i hope FoA is incorporated on the PS2 version, i was to young to get into it when it was new).
From what we've been told, FoA is only in the Wii version. There's no technical reason for this, as the PS2 or DS or PSP could easily do the point/click with a gamepad. The developers were probably only given time/money to convert it for the Wii.

As for who is the co-op character, the scan of that article says that a new female character, Maggie O'Malley, tags along. I'd assume you would use her? I usually only play single player, but if the co-op character is who is being rumored here, why wouldn't that person be tagging along on single player also? Again, another feature of video games lately, multiplayer-only features. Make them available for single player too.

tocksic

EvilDevo said:
My copy came in the mail today, and yes, there's a fifth page.

and in reading said fifth page, I'd say it's pretty obvious who the familiar co-op character is.

SPOILER

"...but they've confirmed that it's someone Indy has known for a very long time; fans of the franchise can look forward to some senior moments."

So my guess is
Henry Jones Sr.

Sounds so. Or maybe we're getting some Teutul OCC Action. BUILD WHIPS!
(y)

The Tingler

EvilDevo, you're a star! Now we can read them without killing our eyes!

ResidentAlien said:
Heh. If the playable character thing is true, then the bit about having never been playable before is wrong. That character was playable in LC: Graphic Adventure.

Not to mention Lego Indy!

|ZiR|

Right, so I feel like I just came out of a coma because none of the pics in the thread were working for me before today and I had no clue what half you guys were talking about. I thought this game was basically vaporware.

Too much information to take in. Fate of Atlantis is going to be an unlockable extra in the Wii version? GET THE **** OUT. This is too rad. :whip:

Not too crazy about Maggie O'Malley, though. I hope she's not another redhead. Reminds me too much of a certain Ms. Deirdre Campbell already. :dead: