What did you feel like the first time you put on you're Indy Jacket?

Nurhachi1991

My whole life I always wanted an authentic Indy jacket and finally I bought a jacket from Todds. I received it today and when I put it on I felt a surge flow through me, like something unworldly. For one brief second I felt some of the good professor's power.

How about you guys?

Mickiana

What a vivid imagination! Seriously, I do like wearing mine and it is coming up to the time of year here in the subtropics when I can wear one occasionally. I wear it especially while riding my motorcycle, but I think the surge comes from 1600cc of a thumping V Twin!

Mickiana

I'll admit, when I'm roaring around on my Yamaharley, I do try to look for posts to grab and snap off to joust with, especially against marauding German soldiers on trail bikes. Alas, there are not too many Nazis in my home town.

Goodeknight

Felt great the first time I put mine on. Otherworldly, supernatural power surge? Not quite. But a moment of sheer joy and glee. In that hero's quest, I'd finally seized the sword. (Joseph Campbell/Christopher Vogler reference)

Then, as posted in other threads, I marveled at how non-Indy the jacket looked fresh out of the box, and realized how much work I had ahead. So a new quest started that same day.

Mickiana said:
I'll admit, when I'm roaring around on my Yamaharley, I do try to look for posts to grab and snap off to joust with, especially against marauding German soldiers on trail bikes.

I wouldn't look too hard, Mick. I wouldn't feel very "Indy" flat on my back, with a dislocated shoulder, fractured collarbone, and my Yamaharley half a mile down the road without me. "Uuugh, he made it look so easy, and plausible."

IndyJoey

Well i felt very hot because i got it in the middle of summer in California, but that's irrelevant. I felt like, Finally, i have a real jacket that can take my beatings!

Matt R

Had my Wested ROTLA jacket for a couple of years now, always feels good putting it on as it is a quality piece of work. Not had any mysterious power-surges though...must be wearing it wrong? ;)

Montana Smith

Nurhachi1991 said:
...when I put it on I felt a surge flow through me, like something unworldly.

You can't beat a nice bit of leather. Except when you're trying to beat the heat.

This one time, at band camp, I had the urge to take my girl to a leather bar to share the surge.

KarenAllenCruising.jpg

It was quite an experience, I can tell you.

Suffice to say, I don't play dress up in public any more.

7530906262_179eabb658.jpg

indyclone25

when i got my todd's jacket , and i first put it on i felt happy, i had wanted indy's jacket since i was 15 and waited almost 28 yrs to finally get one.

Matt R

indyclone25 said:
when i got my todd's jacket , and i first put it on i felt happy, i had wanted indy's jacket since i was 15 and waited almost 28 yrs to finally get one.

I know that feeling, the longer you wait...the better the jacket!!! :D :D :D

Djd1

I was thrilled to get my first Wested jacket... only to be left somewhat deflated by having holes picked in it by various folk over at COW! The joy of fandom...

HenryJunior

I gotta agree with Kongisking, the first time I put on my Akubra I couldn't help but run around my backyard like a boulder was chasing me. Even better is looking down at your shadow with the Hat on, feeling like Indy. :hat:

To be fair I don't have a legit Indy jacket yet, so that feeling may change.

Mickiana

goodeknight said:
I wouldn't look too hard, Mick. I wouldn't feel very "Indy" flat on my back, with a dislocated shoulder, fractured collarbone, and my Yamaharley half a mile down the road without me. "Uuugh, he made it look so easy, and plausible."

You mean real world physics might set in?! Not just a nice little cracking sound as I dislocate the post from its base?! Aw, come on. Maybe the magic powers of the jacket will kick in.... (I can sense a plot here for Indy5: his powers come from his jacket!) :p

Goodeknight

Mickiana said:
You mean real world physics might set in?! Not just a nice little cracking sound as I dislocate the post from its base?! Aw, come on. Maybe the magic powers of the jacket will kick in.... :p

Hmm, I never associated magic powers with the jacket before this thread. Perhaps you're right.

However, the hat does seem to have some magic, the way it blows back from the tank/cliff scene, and the way it blows to Mutt's feet at the end of CS. (Glad Indy stepped in there, and didn't let him put it on.)

Has some Frosty the Snowman qualities to it.