Indiana Jones - Official Perfect Album (japan)

digitalfreaknyc

Just picked this up off of ebay and it's freakin' awesome! I've never seen it before. 119 pages, hardcover, slightly bigger than a magazine and TONS of pictures from Last Crusade that I've never seen before. Most of these japanese magazines/books use different pics.

230457696_o.jpg

Anyone else have it?

You can see a bunch of pics from the auction here:
http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

Not sure how long they will be up for.

Indy's brother

Wow, this one is awesome!

230457750_o.jpg

I don't have the time to upload these to photobucket right now, anyone want to save these somewhere for posterity so they don't dissapear forever?

Stoo

Photo #15 & #16 have a few storyboards from "Crusade" that I don't recall seeing elsewhere but, as far as I'm concerned, the REAL PRIZE in this book is...

Photo #22. A good look at one of the Pankot Palace matte paintings. Lots of unseen stuff in that image!(y) (Does anyone know if this has been published somewhere else?)

Nice find, digitalfreak!:D

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Photo #15 & #16 have a few storyboards from "Crusade" that I don't recall seeing elsewhere but, as far as I'm concerned, the REAL PRIZE in this book is...

Photo #22. A good look at one of the Pankot Palace matte paintings. Lots of unseen stuff in that image!(y) (Does anyone know if this has been published somewhere else?)

Nice find, digitalfreak!:D

From the excellent Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - The Illustrated Screenplay.

img565-1.jpg

img566-1.jpg

img567-1.jpg

img568-1.jpg

img569-1.jpg

img925.jpg

...and the Indiana Jones book that just keeps on giving - The complete Making of.

Image39.jpg

Last edited:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
From the excellent Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - The Illustrated Screenplay.
Oh, WOW. I have the "Raiders" Illustrated Screenplay but the "Doom" screenplay is one book that I do NOT have!:( The Japanese book doesn't show the full painting so thanks a bunch for the scans, Junior!:hat: New item for my 'want list'!

Comparing the wide images of the palace on the hilltop with the one in the film, they are reversed so the shot was probably flipped in the final cut. Great to see all the detail in the matte that can't be seen in the sunset silhouette. (The wall, the opening gate & arches, etc.) AWESOME!
JuniorJones said:
...and the Indiana Jones book that just keeps on giving - The complete Making of.
Yes, I have the "Complete Making of...". This is the painting that wasn't used in the film. Mike Pangrazio rocks!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Oh, WOW. I have the "Raiders" Illustrated Screenplay but the "Doom" screenplay is one book that I do NOT have!:( The Japanese book doesn't show the full painting so thanks a bunch for the scans, Junior!:hat: New item for my 'want list'!

It should be on everyone's 'want list'. I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy.:hat:

Stoo

Yes, JuniorJones, the "Doom" Illustrated Screenplay should be on everyone's 'want list' but who's to say for sure with the present crowd...:rolleyes:

Since the Pankot matte painting is shown fully in the "Doom" Illustrated Screenplay, the prize for this Japanese book is relegated to the rare storyboards. To my knowledge, some are available elsewhere but a few others are not.
digitalfreaknyc said:
Just picked this up off of ebay and it's freakin' awesome! I've never seen it before. 119 pages, hardcover, slightly bigger than a magazine and TONS of pictures from Last Crusade that I've never seen before. Most of these japanese magazines/books use different pics.
Granted, I've only seen the pages posted on the auction link but none of the photos struck me as being rare/unseen. Care to share the rare, DigitalFreak?