Disney figures

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
They will be...just look at the half dozen threads on this topic in the Collecting Indy forum.

Shortie

:p

They won't be for Disney World that's for sure. Save you alot of money, than going to Disney just for figures. ;)

Niteshade007

I don't think they'll expand the toy line at least for Disney because the figures that they have appear in the MGM stunt show. They do sell other Indy merchandise, but as far as action figures go, I don't think they'll add ones from other Indy movies or even other characters from the movie.

And my belief as to why the figures look so bad (apart from Indy, who I think looks pretty good) is because instead of trying to make the figures look like the actors who played them, they went for a more generic look because of the "stunt doubles" who play the characters in the stunt show. I'm referring mostly to Marion here, because she looks nothing like Karen Allen. I think they just went for a generic female look with dark hair and hoped no one would notice.

I do have a friend who was confused however because when we saw the show, the actress who played Marion was blonde. When I saw the action figure and commented on how it looked nothing like Allen, he said "Yeah, she's not even blonde!"

Apparently it's been a while since he's seen the movie.

IndySeven

The Disney figures aren't that bad. OK, so maybe Marion does look bad, but all of the other figures, especially the Indiana Jones figures, are pretty cool.(y)

mfisher

the disney figures suck... seriously.. the headsculpts are horrid.. Marion's body is all jacked up... with Hasbro doing a line of Indy stuff in 3 3/4 scale (most likely) there isnt even a need for more disney figures...

IndySeven

Indy Action Figures at Disney

I went to Disney MGM Studios last week and was shocked to see a wide array of series 2 Indy figures! The Adventure Outpost store is full of them! I thought that the figures were discontinued, but I guess not!(y)

Indy's Fist

I'm sure those figures for sale are overstock. They may not be making any new figures, but they will sell those they have left.

tnswman

Well, Hasbro made them, so...I can see them continuing while Indy is Hot and until the new line is sold in the parks... That is a Simply great and Fun toy line.

Indy's Fist

Shortie said:
Once the new figures come out those pieces of crud will be clearanced.
Hey, I liked the Disney figures! They wern't the best toys I've ever seen, but they are still pretty cool!

JimmyPSHayes

New 7" Disney Figure

There's a picture of a new Indiana Jones 7" figure in the new Toyfare magazine(issue #125). The article says that the figure is sculpted by Gentle Giant and will be available at the Disney Parks starting in December!! He comes with a sword, gun and whip and a pretty sweet base. Sorry, but I don't have a scanner right now to post a picture. :eek:

JimmyPSHayes

Yeah, it looks like theres articulation on the shoulders, elbows, legs and knees. I can't tell from the picture if the wrists are articulated or not. It also comes with the fertility idol.

Vlad Dracula

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go see if I can hunt down a copy. Did the article mention if there are other figures in the set or just the Indy?

metalinvader

newtoy.jpg

Pretty cool looking.I've never been to big on 7 inch figures but I'll have to pick this up.I love the base.

xfkirsten

Gah, no Tokyo Disneyland release? That's the only one I'm going to get to next year. Go figure. For the first time in over 5 years I don't have immediate access to a Disney theme park, and now they come out with a new one. Thank dog for Disney's mail order! :p

And their fact-checker needs to be fired, as Disneyland does not have a stunt show, only the ride. :p