a question for the female users....(nothing bad)

jamesdude

Does fast food turn you off?

Im asking because, on occasions i tend to buy a burger and i often eat it while walking down the street. when ever i would pass by girls, they give me dirty or disgusted looks. so i figure id ask......

DocWhiskey

When you eat your burger while walking, is there any point in the process where you're shirtless and rub the burger tenderly on, lets say, the nipple area?

'Cause that might be yer problem right there....

jamesdude

Finn said:
There's a solution to this problem, kiddo... it's called 'napkin'.

oh believe me, i use a napkin all the time. i do have manners

DocWhiskey said:
When you eat your burger while walking, is there any point in the process where you're shirtless and rub the burger tenderly on, lets say, the nipple area?

Hell No

The Man

jamesdude said:
Does fast food turn you off?

Im asking because, on occasions i tend to buy a burger and i often eat it while walking down the street. when ever i would pass by girls, they give me dirty or disgusted looks. so i figure id ask......

Perhaps the ladies in question are slimming...

Finn

Staff member
Still, it seems somehow more probable that the reason for those possible looks of disgust are not in the burger, but in its eater.

As a simple general example, if we have a guy in a suit having a burger we immediately write it off as a busy businessman having a quick lunch. But when we see a porty trucker in a cap and an ill-fitting T-shirt burying his teeth into one, what we see is a hedonistic pig who can't stop thinking about food for a second.

|ZiR|

Some people are turned off by people eating in public in general. My ex was like that (which more than lulzy as he was a professional chef, but I digress) and one time I swear he almost ralphed when we stood opposite this otherwise attractive dude going to town on some spareribs while riding the subway.

In this instance, though, I'd say you're imagining or exaggerating most of the looks because you're self-conscious of how you look to the opposite sex. You say you have good manners so unless you are out right staring at these women with bits of flame broiled Whopper goodness sliding down your chin I can't think why you'd be getting the stink eye so often.

Also, this

Finn said:
As a simple general example, if we have a guy in a suit having a burger we immediately write it off as a busy businessman having a quick lunch. But when we see a porty trucker in a cap and an ill-fitting T-shirt burying his teeth into one, what we see is a hedonistic pig who can't stop thinking about food for a second.

LostArk

It's just the ladies who are against fast food and things of the like now-a-days. Don't let that stop you from having a mean burger!

Indy's brother

It's all about context. Eating a burger can be a revolting proposition:

eric_badlands_booker_burger.jpg

Or a sexy one:
Burger.JPG

Indyologist

I enjoy fast food myself. The best way to eat fast food (or any kind of food, really), is politely.

This means:

1. Eating it sitting down, preferably at a table.
  2. Use clean hands or a knife and fork.
  3. Use plenty of napkins.
  4. Chew with your mouth closed-- no one wants to see or hear your food whilst it is in the initial stage of digestion i.e- getting it into your pretty face and down into your tummy-tum.
  5. Do not talk with food in your mouth-- major turn off.
  6. Belching should be done with mouth closed and an "excuse me" if it was audible.
  7. Wipe your mouth when you are done and go wash your hands.
  8. A breath mint or piece of gum afterwards (chewn with mouth closed) wouldn't kill ya, either.
  9. Leave a tip for the wait person-- don't pull any Reservoir Dog "I don't tip" crap.
  10. If you've had a meal at a person's home, thank them. Offer to help with the dishes.
In short, you're better off eating meals at a table. That's it. Digest in peace. On a final note, thank for being a man by going ahead and actually asking we women what we think about something. That was gentlemanly of you and I'm flattered and glad to help a guy out. :hat:

Finn

Staff member
Indyologist said:
no one wants to see or hear your food whilst it is in the initial stage of digestion
Sorry about sounding like a smartarse, but are we to presume that you prefer to take a look in the initial stage of decomposition then? Since those two are pretty much the only two options you have seeing somebody's food without turning homicidal...

Indy~Annie

a lot of girls now a days give you dirty looks.:rolleyes: thats there nature,they cant last through the day with out being a B****....it stinks.lol

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I wouldn't give anyone a dirty look just for eating on the run generally. But, you know, if they've got like smudges everywhere....

|ZiR|

Indy's brother said:
It's all about context. Eating a burger can be a revolting proposition:

eric_badlands_booker_burger.jpg

What! That man's an American hero, son. A HERO.
emot-911.gif

Violet Indy said:
I wouldn't give anyone a dirty look just for eating on the run generally. But, you know, if they've got like smudges everywhere....

But, like, what if the smudgy person is exceedingly attractive? Say you come across Harrison Ford eating a manwich and spilling it across himself in the process?

Nurhachi1991

DocWhiskey said:

Aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:hat:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
|ZiR| said:
But, like, what if the smudgy person is exceedingly attractive? Say you come across Harrison Ford eating a manwich and spilling it across himself in the process?

LMAO!! And what if I don't find HF that attractive.... His younger self, say circa 1981, maybe, but you know the guy's the same age as my grandma! Shia might have been a better example. Regardless, I still wouldn't like it. I can't help it if they were too lazy to take a napkin with them. I don't like nancy boys but I do like a someone who can take a little care in appearance.

adventure_al

Man your problem is right there! A burger is not the sort of thing you'd eat walking down the street! Is it any wonder they look at you?

If the hottest girl ever was walking past me in the street munching on a burger that would put me right off. They'd just have no class about them, no offence intended.

adventure_al

Indyologist said:
I enjoy fast food myself. The best way to eat fast food (or any kind of food, really), is politely.

This means:

1. Eating it sitting down, preferably at a table.
  2. Use clean hands or a knife and fork.
  3. Use plenty of napkins.
  4. Chew with your mouth closed-- no one wants to see or hear your food whilst it is in the initial stage of digestion i.e- getting it into your pretty face and down into your tummy-tum.
  5. Do not talk with food in your mouth-- major turn off.
  6. Belching should be done with mouth closed and an "excuse me" if it was audible.
  7. Wipe your mouth when you are done and go wash your hands.
  8. A breath mint or piece of gum afterwards (chewn with mouth closed) wouldn't kill ya, either.
  9. Leave a tip for the wait person-- don't pull any Reservoir Dog "I don't tip" crap.
  10. If you've had a meal at a person's home, thank them. Offer to help with the dishes.
In short, you're better off eating meals at a table. That's it. Digest in peace. On a final note, thank for being a man by going ahead and actually asking we women what we think about something. That was gentlemanly of you and I'm flattered and glad to help a guy out. :hat:

What the hell is this all about!? Tipping is nonsense in the modern world. I realise in America it is a bit different but I don't get tipped at my work. I work in the health sector and provide a far greater service than most jobs and don't get paid particularly well for it either.

You guys would even tip at a fast food resteraunt!? seriously why!? :confused:

phantom train

Digging through these old threads, I found this one from back in '09, and I have to say that this subject is one of the funniest I've ever seen on the Internet - Hilarious :D Note that I am not making fun of the original poster, but this is just not a question I ever expected to see someone asking ;) I guess I will have to watch it next time I walk down the street eating a hamburger, especially if the ketchup/mustard is dripping all over my shirt - LOL

Re: Tipping, IMHO this probably depends on your culture. In the U.S., it's expected that you tip if you go to a restaurant where you're served by a waiter/waitress. These days, in some/many?! cases the tip is automatically added onto the bill. Not sure what the expectations are in other countries, however...

Re: the Reservoir Dogs reference, great scene in a classic film!

Last edited:

The_Raiders

adventure_al said:
What the hell is this all about!? Tipping is nonsense in the modern world. I realise in America it is a bit different but I don't get tipped at my work. I work in the health sector and provide a far greater service than most jobs and don't get paid particularly well for it either.

You guys would even tip at a fast food resteraunt!? seriously why!? :confused:

I agree with this. Man, I don't care if girls, guys, dogs or cats give me dirty looks for eating a burger while walking down the street. I'll enjoy every bite, and maybe I will rub the burger in the nipple area... :whip: