Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of Kha

Johnny Jones

A few weeks ago on eBay I saw a book called, you guessed it, Young Indiana Jones and the Curse of Kha. It was billed as a "mystery puzzle book" set in 1908, when Indy finds a mysterious tomb in the desert, and you have to help him survive I guess... The cover artwork was very cartoony and it didn't seem to be part of a series or anything. I couldn't find it anywhere else on the Internet (of course now it will probably pop up and make a liar out of me).

Has anyone else seen this/read this/owned this or at least know what it is?

Plaristes

I probably saw the same listing on ebay. I considered buying it, but the seller was in Australia, so I didn't want to pay the no doubt enormous shipping involved. From what I could tell, it contained an actual story, so I'd be very interested in finding out more about this item.

DIrishB

I'm almost 100% positive this books is merely an adaptation of the early part of the "My First Adventure" Chronicles episode (May, 1908 I think it was). Can't remember off the top of my head, but the tomb Indy is involved with in that episode is the Tomb of Kha I believe. Check Indy wikia and type in "Kha", and it'll bring up mentions that correspond to that episode.

Johnny Jones

Thanks a bunch guys! I haven't actually seen the TV series because I'm not sure whether to get the official DVDs, or bootlegs from eBay that still have 90-year old Indy in it... Anyway, do you think it would be worth trying to track down a copy of this book or should I spend my resources elsewhere?

DIrishB

Johnny Jones said:
Thanks a bunch guys! I haven't actually seen the TV series because I'm not sure whether to get the official DVDs, or bootlegs from eBay that still have 90-year old Indy in it... Anyway, do you think it would be worth trying to track down a copy of this book or should I spend my resources elsewhere?

I haven't read it, but I'd think you'd be better off buying the DVDs of the Young Indy Adventures (over bootleg copies--even if they contain the bookends). At least that way you know it'll work and not be a bogus disc or VHS copy.

It would be nice if Lucas edited together the bookends into a movie, though it wouldn't make much sense. It'd just be 2-3 minutes clips of Indy pestering people with stories of his life all edited together. Unless they decided to add in new scenes between, but I doubt Lucas would go to the trouble. I just look at the situation as him deciding to retcon "Old Indy" out of canon, thus eliminating the bookends for the show (and not including them even as a special feature :( ). The new "Old Indy" is Indy from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I guess.

Stoo

Johnny Jones said:
Anyway, do you think it would be worth trying to track down a copy of this book or should I spend my resources elsewhere?
If you're not into Young Indy than I wouldn't suggest spending your money on the book.
DIrishB said:
It would be nice if Lucas edited together the bookends into a movie, though it wouldn't make much sense. It'd just be 2-3 minutes clips of Indy pestering people with stories of his life all edited together.
Check out my (ongoing) "Old Indy" compilation. It's the closest we might ever get to having them all together.

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles