The Complete Making of Indiana Jones

Hammy Skillet

I looked around, but couldn't find a thread dedicated to this book yet, besides it's mention in the spoilers forum. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

20071221_bg.jpg

link

I was actually able to decipher that crunched up text on the indside cover. It reads:

FROM RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK TO THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

The man with the hat is back - in the definitive behind the scenes look at the Indiana Jones epic action saga.

When George Lucas and Steven Spielberg put their heads together to create a no-holds-barred action-adventure movie, bigger-than-life hero Indiana Jones was born. The result is breath-taking record-breaking box office history. Now comes an all new Indiana Jones feature film - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Here's your chance to go on-location for an up close all access tour of the year's most eagerly anticipated blockbuster - as well as an opportunity to revisit the first three classics. The Complete Making of Indiana Jones is a crash course in movie-making magic - showcasing the masters of the craft and served up by veteran entertainment chroniclers Laurent Bouzereau and J. W. Rinzler. Inside you'll find:

-Exclusive on-set interviews with the entire cast and crew of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, including Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winestone, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall, and John Hurt - plus director Steven Spielberg, executive producer George Lucas, screenwriter David Koepp, and the incredible production teams that built some of the most fantastic (I can't read these last two words ... I'm assuming it has do with the sets)

-Hundreds of full color images - from storyboards, concept paintings, and set design schematics to still photos from ALL FOUR films with candid action shots of the productions in progress.

-An in-depth chronicle of the first three Indiana Jones movies - Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - including transcripts of the original story meetings, cast and crew antecedents, production photos, and information on scenes that were cut from the final films.

-Never-before-seen artwork and archival gems from the LucasFilm Archives.

Don't miss the thrilling new movie or the definitive making-of epic; it's as essential to fans as that trusty bullwhip is to Indy!

Transcripts of the orginial story meetings? !

Wu_Han

Having read JW Rinzler's Making of Star Wars and his novelization of episode 3 I am REALLY looking forward to this.

Niob

I'm waiting a long time for a book like this. Not much stuff on the market with some making of pics and infos from the Indy movies.:D

Adamwankenobi

Everyone keeps saying that the woman on the back cover is Spalko. Looks to me more like Marion from Raiders.

BTW, I'm kind of upset that this book is called complete, yet it seems to lack any coverage of Young Indy.

Dr.Sartorius

Adamwankenobi said:
Everyone keeps saying that the woman on the back cover is Spalko. Looks to me more like Marion from Raiders.

BTW, I'm kind of upset that this book is called complete, yet it seems to lack any coverage of Young Indy.

You do know that IS Cate Blanchett, right?

Spielberg with the straw hat is another giveaway.

No Ticket

That looks pretty awesome. I'll definitely be buying that book! Reminds me of a book I used to have of the Lucasfilm Archives that was split into star wars and Indiana Jones. ... I wonder where that went? :(

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
No Ticket said:
Reminds me of a book I used to have of the Lucasfilm Archives that was split into star wars and Indiana Jones. ... I wonder where that went? :(

I've read that book! Used to be at the local library. Then I moved and two years later, came back and the book vanished completely from the whole Gold Coast library system. Never seen it again. Which sucked coz I really enjoyed flicking through that, even though it was really heavy. I wonder if one can order it.... hmmmm....

Dr.Sartorius

No Ticket said:
That looks pretty awesome. I'll definitely be buying that book! Reminds me of a book I used to have of the Lucasfilm Archives that was split into star wars and Indiana Jones. ... I wonder where that went? :(

I still have that book. I think its called From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives.

metalinvader

Dr.Sartorius said:
I still have that book. I think its called From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives.

I still have that book.Awesome book.

I just pre-ordered the 'Complete making' book today.Judging by the SW one,This is going to kick ass!

Gobi-1

Dr.Sartorius said:

I have it as well. One of the few Indy books I own. I'm so looking forward to all the literary Indy goodness coming our way.