Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

muttjones

The Magic Rat said:
I guess the only thing that worries me is that the game will be either:

1. Strictly KotCS, which could end up being very short. How could they make 18 levels of that?

2. Just LEGO Indy + 6 new levels of KotCS, which would be a bummer

3. Random, created stories for the game perhaps including KotCS. This could be a bummer because I imagine any story made for a LEGO game wouldn't be that exciting.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't see how else they'd do it.

i hope they release a "The Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones" which would have the first three movies from the previous game plus six levels of Kotcs and then another 12 levels of a major comic (Fate of Atlantis etc.) or from the Young Indiana Jones tv show.

RedeemedChild

Well I'm glad to know that a second LEGO Indiana Jones game is in the works seeing as I never brought the LEGO Indy game that was released last year due to the fact that I actually knew a second game would be created after seeing what Lucas did with LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

However now that I've decided that the PSP just can stand up against the iPod Touch and with the release of the Nintendo DSi in March I'm stuck in the valley of decision.

I'm not at all sure if I'll ever buy a PSP game again. Sony is on the rocks as they are losing in sales to Nintendo's Wii, DSi and Apple's ever rising new success the iPod Touch and iPhone.

I personally don't like the PSP and I've found the iPod Touch amazing. I plan on buying the iPod Touch this year by God's grace and I hope that LucasArts will acknowledge the iPod Touch and release LEGO Indiana Jones 2 on the iPod Touch.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/LEGO-Rock-Band-unannounced/news/LEGO-News-A-Plenty-13565.html

http://www.macworld.com/article/136345/ngmoco.html

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/goodbye-sony-psp/1276225

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7724000/7724366.stm

Vance

You know, every time I hear 'Sony is on the rocks', it's obviously somebody parroting the Microsoft line. Sony lost money last year, due to the shift to Blu-Ray in their hardware department as well as the recession's impact on high-ticket items (most notably, their HDTVs took a huge hit). The PS3 and PSP are still profitable, though they're lagging behind in sales still compared to the X360.

There's a huge library for the PSP, in particular, and many many good games. The PS3 library alone is pretty weak, admittedly, but throw on the PS2 library as well as one of the finest BluRay players and DVD upscalers on the market, and it's a good investment.

RedeemedChild

Well for those who are saying the offerings are a bit "thin" please take a look at the following link:http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/appstore/. Enjoy.

Hopefully now that "THQ" has announced LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures for the iPod Touch and iPhone perhaps that is a sure sign that LEGO Indiana Jones 2 will also be released on the iPod Touch/iPhone.

Dewy9

col.dietrich said:
if there is another one, how would they get around dovchenkos death to make it funny?

Perhaps just have the ants carry him away like he's body surfing.

RedeemedChild

That's more then likely Dewy9. I'm sure they'll do something like that.

I'm so happy that there will be a second LEGO Indiana Jones game.

Nurhachi1991

The more I think about it I do not want a lego Indy 2 Im sick of all this kid friendly bull crap I want a flesh and blood Indy game with people dying,nazi's you know the works but that might never happen :mad:

The Magic Rat

Nurhachi1991 said:
The more I think about it I do not want a lego Indy 2 Im sick of all this kid friendly bull crap I want a flesh and blood Indy game with people dying,nazi's you know the works but that might never happen :mad:

We can hope

Irfaan

The Magic Rat said:
We can hope

Yeah, as much as I liked Lego Indy I would never buy another, i already played the crap out of the last one trying to get all 1000G

I just want the staff of kings to come out, but i'm not liking it's current unknown status :(

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:

But.. you are a kid. You wouldn't legally be allowed to get the game you want anyway.

(As an aside, I notice that the people who demand the 'adult content' the most, the gore, the sex, and all that, tend to be people who can't legally even buy it in the first place. Funny that.)

DocWhiskey

Vance said:
(As an aside, I notice that the people who demand the 'adult content' the most, the gore, the sex, and all that, tend to be people who can't legally even buy it in the first place. Funny that.)

And it's been that way since the introduction of alcohol and cigarettes.

Duh.:p

Vance

DocWhiskey said:
And it's been that way since the introduction of alcohol and cigarettes.

Duh.:p

True, but it kind of proves the point about why the laws on them exist. By demanding this 'mature' content in ways and amounts that actual mature people seldom, if ever, actually do, if proves their actual immaturity instead.

RaideroftheArk

Raider Indy said:
Bring in Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey....

Ronald Lacey = RIP. Sorry I had to point this out.

I hope we're lucky and get a Lego Indiana Jones 2...they probably won't be inventive about it though, they'll probably just repackage the original adventures with "BONUS KOTCS LEVELS ADDED!"

With the toy line being discontinued and the Staff of Kings being surrounded by rocky reports...if feels like Indiana is dead in the water. :(

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
RaideroftheArk said:
Ronald Lacey = RIP. Sorry I had to point this out.

I hope we're lucky and get a Lego Indiana Jones 2...they probably won't be inventive about it though, they'll probably just repackage the original adventures with "BONUS KOTCS LEVELS ADDED!"

With the toy line being discontinued and the Staff of Kings being surrounded by rocky reports...if feels like Indiana is dead in the water. :(

Dead in the water.... Kind reminds me of all the times in Emperor's Tomb I would get Indy killed by crocs or run out of air and the dramatic music comes on.... lol. :p

Not to mention the huge time gaps between comic book issues and trade paperbacks. I just hope that if we don't get the SoK game that we at least, get the novel by Rob McGregor.

The Magic Rat

Violet Indy said:
Dead in the water.... Kind reminds me of all the times in Emperor's Tomb I would get Indy killed by crocs or run out of air and the dramatic music comes on.... lol. :p

Not to mention the huge time gaps between comic book issues and trade paperbacks. I just hope that if we don't get the SoK game that we at least, get the novel by Rob McGregor.

The book would be better than nothing, but after being teased for so long about SoK I'd be pretty disappointed if it didn't get released.

RedeemedChild

Even with the LEGO Indiana Jones sequel announced the sales of LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures are continuing to climb.

Everywhere I go LEGO Indy: The Original Adventures is always sold out. Today I tried to trade for a used copy and I was unsuccessful. So much for that sadly.

Udvarnoky

Excuse me, but no LEGO Indy sequel has been announced, but merely speculated by fans.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a safe bet we'll get LEGO Indy II, but not this year. Those who saw only what they wanted to see in the Eurogamer article should have read this one, too:

Eurogamer said:
"Smith also told us of plans to release a new LEGO title in 2009. Significantly, TT Games boss Tom Stone revealed that it's not going to be Star Wars, Indy or Batman, but something completely new."

LEGO Indy II is likely coming to consoles near you...in 2010 at the earliest.