Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead

Dewy9

If we get enough signatures, I think the sales of this book (assuming they're solid) would really encourage Del Rey to reconsider the game novelization.

JCC1004

This is far fetched. Zombies in Indiana Jones? There had to be something else to write about but this!

Icybro

JCC1004 said:
This is far fetched. Zombies in Indiana Jones? There had to be something else to write about but this!

It's been done at least once already: there were zombies (of the Nazi variety) in Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix.

kongisking

JCC1004 said:

I bet you were one of the dunderheads that thought aliens in Indiana Jones was a stupid idea too...:p Sigh...

Anyway, as for zombies in the Indyverse...now THAT would make a truly awesome Indy film! Imagine it: Indiana Jones and the Night of the Living Dead! As a bonus, the title has the same number of words and style that both Raiders and KOTCS have! (Indiana Jones and the___of the ___ ___)

Ya know what, I've got half a mind to write an Indy 5 screenplay using this concept!

C'mon, guys, you know a Indiana Jones zombie movie would be fabulous fun. Maybe George could continue his idea of paying tribute to 1950's sci-fi B-Movies by having this one be inspired by the most infamous one of all: Plan 9 From Outer Space (which would be perfect for Lucas, as it has both zombies AND aliens! Like losing a Knut and finding a Galleon!).

Dr.Sartorius

JCC1004 said:

More farfetched than voodoo and surviving a plance crash by escaping in a liferaft?

Perhilion

JCC1004 said:
Are you kidding? Zombies fit perfectly in the Indy-verse. They're an iconic movie monster. Who better to fight them than an iconic hero?

Stoo

Icybro said:
It's been done at least once already: there were zombies (of the Nazi variety) in Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix.
There's also an undead/living dead in "22 Karat Doom" from Marvel #2.

I can't wait to get this! Let's hope the release date doesn't get pushed back like the 2nd "Indiana Jones Adventures".

JCC1004

Aliens not a problem. I just don't get this zombie stuff. There is proof voodoo existed. Zombie, just for horror films. Lucas didn't make it. It's not one of the major Indy adventures. Thats my personal preference. I have a problem with this undead and vampire craze.

Morning Bell

I admit that I'm a bit skeptical about a zombie storyline, although I also would have thought the same thing about aliens and they worked in KOTCS, so I'm approaching this one with an open mind. At this point I'm just happy to finally have a new Indy novel on the horizon.:)

Irfaan

Morning Bell said:
I admit that I'm a bit skeptical about a zombie storyline, although I also would have thought the same thing about aliens and they worked in KOTCS, so I'm approaching this one with an open mind. At this point I'm just happy to finally have a new Indy novel on the horizon.:)

I feel the exact same way! I can't wait to have something new to read! (Well, I still have not finished some of the Rob MacGregor books but still THIS IS NEW :D) I'm really looking forward! Can't wait!

Trennas

I suppose so, it's still announced everywhere for a 29 september release. Guess we'll find out in a week or two?

Morning Bell

I had an e-mail from Amazon last night telling me that the novel was about to be released and that I could order it, so I'm guessing that means it's still coming.:)

OhioJones

Trennas said:
I suppose so, it's still announced everywhere for a 29 september release. Guess we'll find out in a week or two?

Haha. I have my ordered from Amazon. I just don't want to get to excited about it, just in case it never comes.

UltimateManGod

I certainly hope it's released considering I just pre-ordered it. I doubt it'd be delayed this close to the release date though. Del Ray seems to be pretty good about updating early concerning delays and such.