Harrison Ford

Indy Smith

Of lately it's been well known that Harrison Ford has been real picky about his scripts. It seems that Indiana Jones IV has went through many re-writes. Back in the Indiana Jones videos in 1999 Lucas said they had a script all ready, but I guess they were not happy with it. I just wonder if the final Script that they will all agree on will just end up ****e. Harrison Ford seems to take ages picking the script he thinks is just right, but usually of late they've not been films of the same calibre of old. So I just wonder, you think they'll pick a good one?

LASTCRUSADER

Its taking them long enough to get the ball rolling on this flick so I'm sure they will have a good script. Hey out of three Indy movies none of them were bad. So I'm hoping things will stay the same and they make another great movie. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Randy_Flagg

I've heard about his pickiness too. But you have to admit that it is surprising that in spite of how picky he is, the quality of the movies he's in has declined. I really can't remember his last big blockbuster hit.

But, maybe he's not picky in the sense that it needs to be a commercial success. Maybe there are just certain types of roles he wants to try, and waits for those. We all know he wants to be Indiana Jones again, and Indy is Indy, so I think it'll be okay.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The recent interview with Rhys-Davies makes it seem like a script hasn't even been chosen. It has been chosen, it just keeps getting be rewritten. I think it is on either the third or fourth draft right now.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
so what number of drafts does it take normally or for the other indy films till it comes to the final film??

i also think that it`s a good sign that they really want to make the best out of it even if it takes a little longer.

i personally don`t know if i should believe in the words of sallah...er....john rhys davies. i mean he tells us that they`re not pleased by the script but at the same time says he hasn`t been contacted by them. so maybe he was just making some **** up...as well as mccallum often talks about things that are not true...

Randy_Flagg

I have mixed feelings about the number of drafts.
Yes, it's good that they want to perfect it, but if it's taking so many attempts, I have to wonder if the idea itself just isn't very good. I know that sounds pessimistic, but I'm sure we've all experienced something like that. In my case, it might be as I'm writing some music. I'll have an idea that I think I like, but it isn't quite right, so I try changing the instrumentation... still not working... try changing the key... nope... try adding a new harmony or drums... still doesn't sound as good as I thought it might when I started. Then I begin to think, "Hmmm... maybe this wasn't such a good piece to begin with," and I dump it.

Randy_Flagg

I only have very large WAV files, and not enough webspace to post them, unfortunately. I once tried compressing them into MP3s but in order to compress them enough, the sound quality deteriorated too much.

FordFan

His last lead role? What the hell are you talking about? He'll be at the top of his game after Indy 4. However, he's gonna have to make better movie choices after Indy 4 gives him a boost. And it will.