Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

Lao_Che

Major West said:
I've never played a Lego video game before. Is the style and gameplay aimed at young children, or will it be narratively as good as the previous ET and FoA games? If it's too childish it probably won't interest me.

Well it's Lego so yes the style is aimed at yuong children. But the game may have the "adaptive difficulty" of Lego Star Wars so you play better, the game gets harder.

The story will be a slapstick look at the first three films: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31576.html

Basically if you don't like that, you're better off waiting for the other IJ game that Lucas is involved with.

Nurhachi1991

im not to crazy about the humor its like there making a joke of the triology but im getting the game regardless because its indy man!

Agent Z

From all the clips I have seen, I think the humor's respectful and it's just too cute a game to pass up.

Damn, that was one persistent Lego boulder, yes?

Perhilion

For all of you who aren't too sure about a LEGO game, I'd at least rent it. I thought LEGO SW would be stupid until I tried it and it's one of the funnest games I've ever played.

The_Raiders

Perhilion said:
For all of you who aren't too sure about a LEGO game, I'd at least rent it. I thought LEGO SW would be stupid until I tried it and it's one of the funnest games I've ever played.

Yeah, i know what you mean, I was renting a game before and my little cousin told me i should try lego star wars and I thought it'd be terrible, but now I own both of them :p

I Hate Snakes!

In the video, I saw that the game isn't completely accuate with the movie, but thats not gonna stop me from buying this game.

Does anybody know if the levels will be Raiders, Temple, Crusade (in order from movie release) or Temple, Raiders, Crusade (chronologicly)? :confused:

Vance

I Hate Snakes! said:
Does anybody know if the levels will be Raiders, Temple, Crusade (in order from movie release) or Temple, Raiders, Crusade (chronologicly)? :confused:

Well, the first level in the game is the Fertility Idol... so, I think it'll treat the movies a lot like the 'episodes' in Star Wars.

Vance

Why? And don't look at Lego Indiana Jones as the Indiana Jones. It's a light-hearted tribute - like Lego Star Wars. It's to kick back and have a good time with.

As far as 'grit' goes, Indiana Jones isn't that gritty. It's pulp adventure. You make it sound like Indy should be an angst fest. :p

Nurhachi1991

dude people getting shot, impaled, decapitated, hacked up into fish bait, hearts getting torn out

yeah id say its grittier than your average family flick

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
dude people getting shot, impaled, decapitated, hacked up into fish bait, hearts getting torn out

Other than the heart, you just described Star Wars...

Besides, I said it was pulp adventure, not family flick.

Nurhachi1991

impaled, decapitated, hacked up into fish bait

when does that happen other than darth maul and the fake vader on dagobaugh

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
impaled, decapitated, hacked up into fish bait

when does that happen other than darth maul and the fake vader on dagobaugh

When does it happen except for those times it happens, you mean? Is that really going to be your argument?

Shortie

Game Informer says LIJ comes out May 22 (or 23) but maybe they were making it up because of the other big movies having games coming out the same day as the movie. I hope it does come out in May though.