TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #126
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jones1986
I still think ancient Babylonians in Mexico or Palawan is a strech.
Well, the game quite explicitly says that it wasn't a full-blown cultural migration, but simply the four disciples carrying the parts. And while not directly stated, it's quite heavily implied that they didn't exactly reach their respective locations by conventional means. Even Indy himself gets to benefit from this form of travel at one point.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #127
dr.jones1986
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Well, the game quite explicitly says that it wasn't a full-blown cultural migration, but simply the four disciples carrying the parts. And while not directly stated, it's quite heavily implied that they didn't exactly reach their respective locations by conventional means. Even Indy himself gets to benefit from this form of travel at one point.

It was implied that Indy took some kind of portal from Kazakastan to Palawan. It was also the only redline sequence between countries that did not have the airplane flying over the map (I own the N64 version). I didn't care for this and thought it would be too much fantasy for one of the movies.
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #128
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jones1986
I didn't care for this and thought it would be too much fantasy for one of the movies.
Curiously enough, I agree. It was a rather strange narrative solution that even battled the general lore a bit, but not the game's internal logic, mind you. Had we seen the same on silver screen though, I could totally see it cause an arched eyebrow or two.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #129
IndyBr
IndyFan

I have the N64 cartridge of Infernal Machine, got it last year. But i haven't got around to play it yet, since I don't have the console.
I'm planning to buy it since it's prettry cheap around the internet...
I do remember playing Infernal MAchine as a kid, had a blast for it, but never managed to finish it, and I don't remember a whole lot about it.
I'm hungry for a new Indy game... maybe this one can help a little, yesterday I tried to play Staff of Kings and boy... it's really terrible... I got frustrated with the blasted game.
I've watched a couple of videos on youtube and got some high hopes for Infernal MAchine.
IndyBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #130
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

I just re-bought 'Infernal Machine' last week for PC for $1.25 perfect condition. Excellent game and I really missed playing around with it. The only things wrong with it is that Indy is frail, doesn't do hand-to-hand like in the films and that his jumps are BEYOND superhuman!

And I wish he would've worn the jacket more. But man, I loved this game back in the day! Exotic locales and the music was phenomenal.

Where is the next-gen console Indy game, by the way? Yeah...that's what I thought LucasArts...
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #131
IndyBr
IndyFan

Now that's an idea... you're talking about the pc version, but maybe an N64 emulator and rom would do the trick for me, no need to buy the console.
IndyBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #132
Sea Monarch
IndyFan

Location: In a canyon, opening up an Ark of whoopa## on some goosestepping morons
In this game, as in real life, I always hated the spiders! Worse than snakes, or anything else. Would play this game in solitude, with the sound cranked up, and I seem to remember more than a couple of times the spiders startled me. Never completed this game, due to the speakers or controls fritzing out on me, but still plan to someday.
I remember caving in to buy the help book, after certain puzzles/levels left me very frustrated. But I use hints sparingly, as solving it myself is usually more rewarding.
Sea Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote