"Last Crusade" Action Figures

ChromiumBlue37

I have waiting since 1984 for Temple of Doom figures. When I first saw the LJN trio at Circus World, (toy store), I thought I would just get them on clearance later. They were so unimpressive. Never got around to that search. 24 years later...

Indy's Fist

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I have waiting since 1984 for Temple of Doom figures. When I first saw the LJN trio at Circus World, (toy store), I thought I would just get them on clearance later. They were so unimpressive. Never got around to that search. 24 years later...

Yeah, and some people have the balls to grumble about the quality of these new figures, ha! These new ones are light years better in every way!

ChromiumBlue37

Exactly! In a way, I am really glad we are getting them now. The sculpts have become so advanced and realistic. The figures are like small wrks of art. Back in 1989, I was waiting and looking for anything from The Last Crusade. Nothing - no action figure line. They would have been crappy, too. Even if done in the nineties, the figures would have been sub-par.

Indy's Fist

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Exactly! In a way, I am really glad we are getting them now. The sculpts have become so advanced and realistic. The figures are like small wrks of art. Back in 1989, I was waiting and looking for anything from The Last Crusade. Nothing - no action figure line. They would have been crappy, too. Even if done in the nineties, the figures would have been sub-par.

Also I have a feeling this line won't last too long as there isn't the same kind of crazy collecting of Indy stuff like SW gets. I mean how many Darth Vader's can they make?!:D

WillKill4Food

The_Raiders said:
Woah hold up! When did I say I'm only getting one or two? I want them all but I was just saying the Indy w/tie is the one I like the most. I love all the figures, I don't have money for every single one right now so I'm getting the ones i really really want first, I didn't say I was just going to forget the others. :rolleyes:
My predicament exactly.
I am still yet to have all of Wave 1. :(

ChromiumBlue37

Back when the Star Wars line was going through the massive glut of Phantom Menace figures, a lot of places put the first few waves on clearance. Toys R Us even had "bargain bins".

I am planning to get a few more of each carded figure for the relic stickers.

WillKill4Food

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Back when the Star Wars line was going through the massive glut of Phantom Menace figures, a lot of places put the first few waves on clearance. Toys R Us even had "bargain bins".

I am planning to get a few more of each carded figure for the relic stickers.
I can't wait until they go on sale.

vf wing

They really do need to embark on a concerted effort to clear out the remaining initial waves. Maybe a 2 for 1 incentive or something.

HovitosKing

So, have Wal-Mart and Target completely dropped the ball on this wave? I saw 4 LC figures at Wal-Mart over a month ago and nothing since. I'm quickly losing interest in keeping this game up. What's going on, why are stores not clearing out old waves and setting up the new one? Can't Hasbro do something to encourage stores to put the new wave on shelves?

Way of the dodo

yeah seems like the line has that late-Phantom Menace Smell right now, (but worse, without an approaching sequel or kid interest). the remaining figures may never be easy to get...

HovitosKing

Way of the dodo said:
yeah seems like the line has that late-Phantom Menace Smell right now, (but worse, without an approaching sequel or kid interest). the remaining figures may never be easy to get...

Yep, I think you're right. Mass-produced waves 1 and 2 that looked like crap, and now the better quality waves 3+ are going to be a pain in the ass to find. Oh well, guess it'll be online shopping for me. Sucks for Wal-Mart and Target.

iLUVINDY

HovitosKing said:
Yep, I think you're right. Mass-produced waves 1 and 2 that looked like crap, and now the better quality waves 3+ are going to be a pain in the ass to find. Oh well, guess it'll be online shopping for me. Sucks for Wal-Mart and Target.

ive given up on stores, i ordering all the remaining waves online, ill pay more but ill get my damn figures :mad:

monkey man

Take it easy. Patience. The Last Crusade figures haven't even shown up at ToysRus yet. They will. They sold well at the TRU's by me. They will get them. No doubt in my mind.
Someone in this thread needs to post when they find the LC figs at TRU's.
No one has mentioned TRU yet in this thread. Maybe I missed it.
That's when we all get them, including me.

indyclone25

i hope so the toys r us in orland park had four action figures on the pegs and i'll give you three guesses which one it was and the first two guesses don't count---- but they did have the mutt sword playset in so i guess there is hope for thre last crusade line showing up soon

Way of the dodo

I'm sure the stores will get them, but at least where I live, unless they get LOTS of figures or they're particularly undesirable (mutt, jar jar) I just never, ever see them. Been that way for 10 +years.

HellofaSandwich

On my way to see The Dark Knight for the first time tonight (amazing film), I stopped by a collector's toy shop near the theater. They had a bunch of figures from the LC line, but guess what the price tag was for the Young Indy figure? 30 f&#%ing bucks!! (With a sticker on it that said: "Rare line!")

The cheapest Indy figures they had there were $20!

I was so disgusted by their price gouging. And I thought the comic shops were bad. (n)

bonoferox

Targets and TRU's in my area have all been slim on the Indy figures for the past few weeks and no idea if they'll ever re-stock. Weird since the closest Wal-mart was flooded with waves 1-2 and just two days ago they had the entire LC wave aside from the Knight and Henry.

If anyone needs an Elsa, Young Indy or Indy with machine gun, let me know and I'll go check and see if they're still there. Picked up Vogel for another board member already.

iLUVINDY

my hasbro.com order just shipped should get it tomorrow!!! The order includes: Henry, Elsa and Vogel. CANT WAIT!!!!! im finally done with the LC wave!!!