Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 05-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #76
Plaristes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icybro
It appears so. The only in-game reference to the date was in a letter in a bottle from Marcus, and there's been no indication of any passage of time as far as I can tell.

Thanks!
Plaristes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #77
Icybro
IndyFan

Enter Colonel Musgrove...

Zynga's art department really phoned this one in. Or maybe they need to rewatch Raiders.

The Indy wiki shows both Musgrove and Eaton as making appearances (looking nearly identical to each other and the pic above, except without the hat), but when I played, I only saw Musgrove. There were two voices talking, but the second voice's dialogue bubble appeared from a pile of crates. Maybe it's a bug? Or maybe Zynga's in the process of chubbifying Eaton?
Icybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #78
sabacc
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabacc
While I wouldn't generally look for game friends, I wouldn't mind having extra Indyfans in my network. Send me a message on Facebook if you'd like another Adventure World neighbor.

I'm still playing the game on a daily basis. I've reached level 37 and as several people have mentioned, I haven't spent a dime purchasing anything. With the help of this thread I've gotten a fairly good small network of friends that are helpful in sending and accepting gifts so I'm not begging for help so much anymore. My problem these days is that the game is running incredibly slowly. I've done it on quite a few computers and almost all of them have periodic glitches ("Disconnected," please refresh) and run slowly.

I'm at that stage of an addict where I see playing it is not really as rewarding as the time I'm putting into it, but I can't seem to stop.
sabacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:21 AM   #79
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Last month's issue of Game Developer featured a post-mortem on Zygna's Indiana Jones' Adventure World. Unfortunately, it's hidden behind a pay wall; you can read a good summation of it here, however.

Go here for the digital issue.

You can also check out a gallery of concept art and character studies over here.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #80
sabacc
IndyFan

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Sorry to see that not many people were interested enough in the game to continue playing. I'm still enjoying it, but I'm playing a bit less these days.
sabacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #81
Icybro
IndyFan

If anybody's wondering what's new in this game, the answer is: nothing!?

The last new quest was months ago, and it ended with most of the original Zynga characters announcing that they were retiring or moving on to other things, divorced from the game's story. It seemed like the developers were preparing for some sort of big shake-up within the game.

But then just a couple of weeks ago, Zynga shut down their Boston branch, laying off the team behind IJAW. I wonder if that means Adventure World is dead?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #82
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Adventure World: Indiana Jones no more as of 01/01/2013.
Sakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #83
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakis
Adventure World: Indiana Jones no more as of 01/01/2013.

Hurray!!
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #84
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
Hurray!!

Sorry I meant 13/01/2013

How dare you???
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #85
Icybro
IndyFan

Quote:
Sorry I meant 13/01/2013

How dare you???

Just to clarify, that's 01/13/2013 here in the USA. For a second there, I was looking forward to playing until Smarch.

For the record, here's the announcement as it appears when you go to play the game:

Quote:
Our goal at Zynga is to bring players the most fun and social games on the web. Over the past year, we have had a great time working on Indiana Jones™ Adventure World™, and we thank you for joining us. As of 11/15/12, Adventure World is no longer available to new players and will no longer be accepting payments. Existing Adventurers like you will be able to access the game until 1/13/13. After that time, the game will no longer be available. We’re excited to offer bonus packages to Adventure World players to try other Zynga games.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #86
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icybro
Just to clarify, that's 01/13/2013 here in the USA. For a second there, I was looking forward to playing until Smarch.

For the record, your here is my there and vice versa. I just follow the dd/mm/yy approach. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #87
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Sorry I meant 13/01/2013

How dare you???

It was complete bollocks, a cheap stunt that was as welcome as a fart in a room.
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #88
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
It was complete bollocks, a cheap stunt that was as welcome as a fart in a room.

Depends, on the size of the room and the current of the wind.