Trilogy on Blu-Ray

Henry W Jones

Dr. Gonzo said:
In 10 to 20 years you will. 4k cinema red-ray. They already exist. No joke.

They're just waiting for consumers to catch up. We're almost at a point where everyone has an HD tv.
The next step is 4k or 5k televisions...

This is too much. Regardless I think this will be my final buying of the series and I just bought my last SW in Sept. 2011. I am through. How much can you improve the picture after Blu ray? Talk about overkill to make a buck.

Dr. Gonzo

Henry W Jones said:
This is too much. Regardless I think this will be my final buying of the series and I just bought my last SW in Sept. 2011. I am through. How much can you improve the picture after Blu ray? Talk about overkill to make a buck.

HD = 1080p

That is one thousand and eighty lines of resolution.

4K = 4000+

Scanning the original film negative at 4k for 4k readers.

A lot of studios already scan the original negatives of their films at 4k, then compress it/convert it down to 1080 for blu-ray release. I know they did this with the Alien films, and that's why they look so god damn good. 4K is three to four times more resolution than HD. So yeah. When you watch digital or 3d at the movies you are watching 4k or 5k. it's the same principle and there is a HELL of a difference between that and what we call HD at home.

IAdventurer01

Dr. Gonzo said:
When you watch digital or 3d at the movies you are watching 4k or 5k. it's the same principle and there is a HELL of a difference between that and what we call HD at home.

Especially when you're watching it on a 50 foot screen rather than a 50 inch screen. Once you hit the smaller screen, it's really more about the quality of transfer than the complete resolution. Sure, 4K will eventually catch on and will look nominally better, but unless you're watching inches away from your television set you won't notice that much of a difference between a quality 1080 transfer from a 4K scan.

indyclone25

new banner on the digitalbits.com
8c870af49443b937036e1daad5752a85.jpg

FedoraHead said:
any hope on commentary with Ford and Speildberg?

You speild Spielberg wrong.

Anyway, who wants a commentary by Ford? It'll go on for 76 hours longer than the film - and thats just his introduction.

Maybe they could show it in coma wards or something. On Serious Tuesdays.

Crack that whip

replican't said:
You speild Spielberg wrong.

Anyway, who wants a commentary by Ford? It'll go on for 76 hours longer than the film - and thats just his introduction.

Maybe they could show it in coma wards or something. On Serious Tuesdays.

I think you mean exactly the opposite.

Supernatural

replican't said:
I want Jar Jar pushing Marion off a cliff.

I want Marion pushing Jar Jar off a cliff.

Actually, I want everyone from Crystal Skull and the new Star Wars Trilogy on the James Cameron's Titanic.

Let's throw Twilight on there too.

Dr. Gonzo

Dr.Sartorius said:
Apparently the Raiders blu-ray will have the title 'Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark' at the beginning.

YELL.gif

say it ain't so. Hopefully an April fools joke...