TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #151
roundshort
IndyFan
 
roundshort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 4,085
Joe, I think you underestimate how powerful Kennedy and Marshal are. If Disney wanted to oust KK (and I have on good authority they donít) KK and FM would create a talente drain and scare work from Disney. Letís wait and see how Jurassic World II does. Isnít that Franks baby?
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #152
Joe Brody
IndyFan
 
Joe Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sweetest Place on Earth
Posts: 2,644
I gotta believe your sources are in the Kennedy/Marshal camp.

Look at the current situation. With Kennedy MIA, Rian Johnson is the face of the franchise. Since Solo bombed at the box office, he has been engaging in snarky warfare with fans in the twitter-sphere. No way Disney will tolerate it. I agree with Pale and my prior post that Disney has enough headaches (some gender related) right now, and the last thing they want to do is can Kennedy -- but I say Johnson is pressing the issue from his side and will bring this whole thing to a head.

The whole Kelly Marie Tran situation is fishy. Trolls have been abusing her for months -- but she all the sudden withdraws from social media the second week of Solo's release (the moment when it was confirmed that Solo would be a flop and Kennedy's future -- Johnson's supporter -- is put in doubt?) and Johnson immediately steps up to her defense and starts engaging with fans. It's engineered. The guy is a provocateur, and I'm sure Disney brass sees through it.

Now you got fans that are looking to re-make TLJ. I bet this story doesn't go away. I look at The Raiders Adaptation as precedent here -- but what we'll see this time is a fan made film for the Trump age -- with a bunch of middle age wealthy white guys making something instead of group of teenagers in the '80's with too much time on their hands.

This story and the other twitter battles will fester and Disney will say NO MORE!
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #153
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
I gotta believe your sources are in the Kennedy/Marshal camp.

Look at the current situation. With Kennedy MIA, Rian Johnson is the face of the franchise. Since Solo bombed at the box office, he has been engaging in snarky warfare with fans in the twitter-sphere. No way Disney will tolerate it. I agree with Pale and my prior post that Disney has enough headaches (some gender related) right now, and the last thing they want to do is can Kennedy -- but I say Johnson is pressing the issue from his side and will bring this whole thing to a head.

The whole Kelly Marie Tran situation is fishy. Trolls have been abusing her for months -- but she all the sudden withdraws from social media the second week of Solo's release (the moment when it was confirmed that Solo would be a flop and Kennedy's future -- Johnson's supporter -- is put in doubt?) and Johnson immediately steps up to her defense and starts engaging with fans. It's engineered. The guy is a provocateur, and I'm sure Disney brass sees through it.

Now you got fans that are looking to re-make TLJ. I bet this story doesn't go away. I look at The Raiders Adaptation as precedent here -- but what we'll see this time is a fan made film for the Trump age -- with a bunch of middle age wealthy white guys making something instead of group of teenagers in the '80's with too much time on their hands.

This story and the other twitter battles will fester and Disney will say NO MORE!

As long as she's out that's all that matters.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #154
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundshort
Joe, I think you underestimate how powerful Kennedy and Marshal are. If Disney wanted to oust KK (and I have on good authority they donít) KK and FM would create a talente drain and scare work from Disney. Letís wait and see how Jurassic World II does. Isnít that Franks baby?

Initial Rumors aren't good for JWII, but I'm no forecaster. Any chance we see a power play similar to Spielberg, Katzenberg and Geffen, and the creation of a new studio? KK/FM and a third would certainly be something. Probably a pipe dream at this point with all that's happening on the new production, Fox and the Mouse.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #155
IndyBuff
IndyFan
 
IndyBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
As long as she's out that's all that matters.

Unless they replace her with someone just as bad. I'm all for seeing Kennedy go but I'm dubious that they'll get someone better. Lucasfilm and Disney employees continue to insult fans and berate them on social media for daring to question where the franchise is headed. They don't care about the sizable portion of fans who didn't like The Last Jedi and they're writing off any arguments as nothing more than trolling. If that's how they feel about the fan base then it's unlikely they'll remove Kennedy or put someone else in who actually cares about the fans.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:22 AM   #156
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
... They don't care about the sizable portion of fans who didn't like The Last Jedi and they're writing off any arguments as nothing more than trolling. If that's how they feel about the fan base then it's unlikely they'll remove Kennedy or put someone else in who actually cares about the fans.

Considering the film made over 400 million dollars profit, and was the most profitable film of 2017, I doubt Disney has any plans to change their business model just yet.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #157
IndyBuff
IndyFan
 
IndyBuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Considering the film made over 400 million dollars profit, and was the most profitable film of 2017, I doubt Disney has any plans to change their business model just yet.

I think it will take Episode IX taking a major hit before they consider it.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:13 PM   #158
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,936
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:10 PM   #159
Tibor
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42
Awful lot of angst here. I thought it was great early Summer fun... even better the second and third times. I loved seeing the early Falcon, thought Lando was spot on, Han was maybe a little short, especially compared to the Queen of Dragons, but did a nice job with the character. Good story... I guess if you treat it like religion, youíve got other problems to cope with. But as a movie, total success for me, regardless of whatever stupid ďboycottsĒ, or Director/Producer drama people focus on.

Canít wait for IX, and whatever theyíre willing to put together beyond that going forward.
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #160
Raiders112390
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,018
I would like to see a movie about the adventures of a younger Count Dooku as a young Master and Qui Gon as a young knight.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.