Marion Streets of Cairo outfit

twilekjedi

I posted this at COW already, so some of you have probably seen this, but for everyone else, this is my Marion SOC outfit so far. (I'm still trying to find a pair of pants that are more screen accurate.):hat:

2977799604_d86790925f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/2977799604_d86790925f.jpg

Mickiana

Love the outfit and the monkey improv. I once did a similar thing when I went to a James Bond party as Blofeld, but instead of a white persian cat I could only find a white toy baby seal. Not everyone got it.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
twilekjedi said:
I posted this at COW already, so some of you have probably seen this, but for everyone else, this is my Marion SOC outfit so far. (I'm still trying to find a pair of pants that are more screen accurate.):hat:

2977799604_d86790925f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/2977799604_d86790925f.jpg

It's pretty damn good. I always have such trouble finding pieces of the SOC outfit. With the pants, if you have a sewing machine and some elastic, you could be able to tighten the hem at the bottom of the pants giving a closer shape of pants to the onscreen version.

Trennas

Very cool outfit you've got there! It looks pretty identical to the real thing, which is great! And the monkey is just adorable (y)

ProfessorChaos

Out of all the outfits Marion wore in Raiders of the Lost Ark, that was the one I always thought she looked the most beautiful, and sexy, in. That is a pretty close look to it you have there, too! I can see why the pants would be hard to do these days, since they were technically a type of "Harem Pants" and I don't see that style as much today as I did back in the 80's, when it was far more popular. I'm surprised that style went out, since I always thought that it was a nice look for women! Exotic, but casual at the same time. Even with the pants being a tough call, though, I think you did an amazing job putting that outfit together! It really is the closest you can get to Marion's look with today's fashion styles being what they are. And the monkey? Truly perfect! ;)

twilekjedi

Thanks, all! Sorry I've been a stranger -- I don't get to this forum often, but I have an update on the costume. I've upgraded the pants to a "harem" style. Still not completely SA (no V-shaped yoke top) but getting closer. Pants were originally a light grey and were dyed red. Thanks to Tundrarider for the source info (New York & Company).:hat:

3902660493_a5ff263749.jpg

(Photo taken at Dragon*Con 2009.)