Nightmare on Elm Street 2010

roundshort

The Man said:
'Cos you can't keep a good child-killer down...

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15679/1/CC-NIGHTMARE-ON-ELM-STREET-REMAKE-HAS-A-WRITER/Page1.html

'...The new project will keep the high school setting and delve deeper in the psychology of nightmares and Krueger himself. The plan is to have a dark tone. The company hopes to have the movie ready for the 25th anniversary of the original.'

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! Well the last time they helped launch Johnny Depp . . .maybe the next mega uber star will be in this one!

Still much more excited about Friday the 13th!

deckard24

The Man

Official: Kentucky-Fried Pederast Returns!

http://chud.com/articles/articles/17388/1/GET-READY-FOR-A-NEW-NIGHTMARE/Page1.html

"It's not Freddy cracking jokes," Fuller told Shock. "We want to make a horrifying movie. The concept is so scary, don't fall asleep or you'll die. This guy gets you when you're most vulnerable, in your sleep. We love that. That's the basis of the movie. It'll be most similar to the first one but in terms of kills and dreams we'll borrow from the entire series."

deckard24

Sounds interesting! I just hope they come up with some new ways for Freddy to kill and not just rehash all the old ones!(n)

I'm still really curious who's on their short list to play Krueger? Billy Bob Thornton is not bad, and I think Colm Feore could be a good choice!http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272173/

DocWhiskey

I'm a HUGE NoES fan and I must say I am quite excited for this. There was even word that they're going to film in the Chicago suburbs, so hopefully I could partake in watching.

As for recasting Freddy? It'll be tough to see the new actor as Freddy knowing Robert's not under there but I also said the same thing about the Joker over a year ago.

Though it WON'T happen, somebody brought up an interesting idea: What if Johnny Depp played freddy in the remake?

TheMutt92

DocWhiskey said:
Though it WON'T happen, somebody brought up an interesting idea: What if Johnny Depp played freddy in the remake?

Well, lets just say then that'd be the most ironic piece of casting in Hollywood history.

Twilightpro101

DocWhiskey said:
I'm a HUGE NoES fan and I must say I am quite excited for this. There was even word that they're going to film in the Chicago suburbs, so hopefully I could partake in watching.

As for recasting Freddy? It'll be tough to see the new actor as Freddy knowing Robert's not under there but I also said the same thing about the Joker over a year ago.

That would definitely be an interesting scernaio to say the least if it did come to be.

The Man

A Rumination On Elm Street...

"Freddy is an iconic character like Jason, and when we've made these movies we haven't deviated from the way [the characters] look," Form said. "Jason and Leatherface look the same and I'm sure with Freddy it'll hold true. I do think we can safely say that in Texas Chainsaw the chainsaw was the weapon, in Friday the machete is the weapon for Jason, and in Nightmare there is no changing the glove."

"There will be the sweater," added Fuller. "We're not going to have him coming out in an Izod."

The film, which is still looking for a director is supposed to start shooting in the Chicago suburbs this spring, so hopefully these basic - but critical - story details are on the verge of being worked out. I'm curious to see how Platinum Dunes solves that last pric(k)ly problem. Might we actually have an unquestionably kiddie fiddling Freddy in this new version?

"We need to find a visual director who can blow people away," said Fuller. Form added: "And seamless transitions are the key, where the audience truly has no idea if it's a dream or not until it's too late you realize you've been duped for the last 30, 40, 90 seconds and the person's been dreaming the whole time."

YouNeverKnow

Anyone know where they plan on shooting it? Would love to go watch/possibly be in it like I was in The Dark Knight.

DoomTown

I remember hearing rumblings of Billy Bob Thornton being cast as Freddy in the remake. Anyone else hear that?