My humble Indy collection

fenris

Here's my humble Indy collection...

I've been a fan since I was a kid, but it was only about a few months ago that I started really collecting. Mainly because it was only after KOTCS that Indy merchandise (toys and collectibles) was released here in the Philippines.

I used to have some novels, but I cannot find them anymore.

Click here to visit my full album...

From left to right: 12" Hasbro Whip-Action figure, Mighty Muggs Indy, Map & Manuscript, custom-made Indy Zippo lighter

Hand-painted Sankara Manuscript by yours truly, printed Chachapoyan Map

Indiana Jones Handbook & The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones

I hope to add more to my collection. Next in line; self-replicated Sankara stone, Holy Grail and Staff of Ra headpiece.

Montana Smith

I like the Sankara Manuscript - your own work?

Also the Chachapoyan map makes a nice display.

Not a bad start for a collection. :hat:

fenris

Montana Smith said:
I like the Sankara Manuscript - your own work?

Yup! I used oil pastels, a permanent marker and white correction fluid. I did it all by hand which was quite tedious.

I also have made an iron-on transfer version which I never used. I know of one member from COW who made a prop out of it, though. I made two versions; one colored, the other in line drawing.

Colored Version

Line Drawing

fenris

Well, I've added a few stuff to my collection just today. I found some dirt-cheap, loose (not in box) 4" Indy action figures in a toy shop. I also bought the Indiana Jones Ultimate Guide book.

I guessed it was time to rearrange my collection. I added another shelf level to better display my stuff... My wife got home and just rolled her eyes! Oh, well... I assumed that would happen.

Anyway, here's my updated collection:

Saber79

very impressive!

I love the map and the sankara scroll....if i may ask, what type of material did you use for the scroll, is that burlap? I'm thinking of making one myself as well.

And did you make the map yourself? awesome job if you did!

indyclone25

nice collection, my wife rolls her eyes all the time when she looks at my collection , , now i have to downsize my star wars collection ,(to really make room for my indiana jones collection , so it doeant look so crammed up) either sell some figures or buy the plastic tubs and store them away in the attic --- lucas why do you do this things to me !!!!:D

Saber79

i get the rolling of the eyes too. i sold my gi joe collection (and an impressive one at that) to make room for my Indy stuff.

fenris

Saber79 said:
And did you make the map yourself? awesome job if you did!

I just printed that out from one of the files floating around the 'net...

indyclone25 said:
my wife rolls her eyes all the time when she looks at my collection, now i have to downsize my star wars collection, (to really make room for my indiana jones collection , so it doesnt look so crammed up)

I had to store all my Star Trek stuff in boxes. Oh, well... I guess boys will be boys - and wives will be moms... :whip:

fenris

Saber79 said:
if i may ask, what type of material did you use for the scroll, is that burlap? I'm thinking of making one myself as well.

I forgot to answer this question.

That was just those ordinary canvas being sold in art shops that had a white coating. They didn't coat the underside and it had a natural old, brownish look to it. I still stained if with coffee for a more aged look.

I plan on doing another one based on the drawing I made on my PC which is based on the two screen-used props in TOD. I got what I thought were the best elements of each prop (through screencaps) and integrated them into one drawing.

fenris

For some of you who are also members of COW, I'm sure you've seen this already... but for the benefit of non-COW members, I'll post it anyway.

I recently updated my headpiece sculpt. The first one I made was made using sculpey and bloated up when I baked it in the oven.

Here's the new headpiece I made using epoxy putty...
P1010192-1.jpg
P1010193-2.jpg

It's not SA, but for me it's better than the first one.

Here's a comparison shot between the new HP and the old one.
IMG_5237.jpg

* Here's another pic of my collection as I have moved my Indy display to a new shelf in the house *

P1010004.jpg

Canyon

Fenris, you have a great collection. (y)

I, too have the Ultimate Guide book and its awesome. (y) I still need to get the rest of the Hasbro figures, though. :rolleyes:

fenris

I still need a fertility idol... Anybody have an idol bank they wanna dispose of? I'd gladly buy it.

I don't think I have the skill to sculpt that.

fenris

Finally got my hands on a Fertility Idol bank a few months back... it just needed it's own pedestal for a proper looking display.

After months of using this old round plastic container in my work area, I realized it was just the right size and shape to make into an idol pedestal.

Slapped on some epoxy putty on it and sculpted it to look like stone (as best as I could), painted it and let it dry.

From what looked similar to one of these:

reusable-stainless-steel-food-containers-round.jpg

...to this:
IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

fenris said:
After months of using this old round plastic container in my work area, I realized it was just the right size and shape to make into an idol pedestal.
Very nice, the Stone and Grail are very cool! Did you make those?

My daughter is trying to pick up sewing so I gave her a "project." Make me an Indiana Jones Voo Doo Doll!

It won't be screen acurate, but I dangled the prospect of $10 a piece for them!

A homemade Grail is on the horizon too!:hat:

fenris

Stuff I made (or printed out) in my collection:

1. Chachapoyan Map (printed)
2. Oxley Letter (printed)
3. Sankara Manuscript (hand-painted on canvas)
4. Grail Diary + inserts (printed + hand-made)
5. Holy Grail (hand-made; using a bowl, pvc pipe, putty)
6. Staff of Ra Headpiece (scuplted using epoxy putty)
7. Pedestal (sculpted over that thingamajig, hehehe)

I've been trying to convince my niece to make a jacket for my 12" Hasbro Indy because she recently got into sewing... she says she's not that good -- yet.

vf wing

Some nifty scratch-made items there Fenris! Looks like you lucked out if you found those Temple figures loose and dirt cheap, as you say. I still need to add some of those books to my collection!

fenris

Found them sitting in a bargain bin. They were all loose figures and in one big plastic bag. There were 10 figures in each plastic bag figures from different movies in the trilogy complete with their weapons and accessories (which I eventually lost due to their size). Most of those that are displayed out of the box were loose figures. Each bag cost around $20 (converted from our currency) at the time.