Jonny Quest

pellman

Actually, I think Indy 5 should be a Johnny Quest crossover.

It's 1963 and Prof. Indiana Jones and Dr. Benton Quest are working together on something or other... but whatever it is, Dr Zin must have it!!!

For Race Bannon, I suggest George Clooney.

QBComics

I think they are in fact making Johnny Quest movie starring Zack Efron and Dwaye "The Rock" Johnson.

( :dead: )

RedeemedChild

Hans said:
Zack effron nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek:

Yes, Zac Effron is being cast as Jonny Quest and I find that disturbing. Jonny Quest is supposed to be about 11 or 12 and Zac Effron is basically an adult in my book. What's wrong with those people over at Hollywood?

Personally I'd like to see Tristan Lake Leabu or Skandar Keynes or Alexander Ludwig cast as Jonny Quest but please not Zac Effron.

Le Saboteur

Mod note: Please consider this a formal request for a title change.
'Jonny Quest' should suffice.

Jonny-quest-logo.jpg

After lying dormant for several years Warner Bros. have rekindled their interest in bringing the Family Quest to the silver screen!

Originally announced back in May when the site was down, Robert Rodriguez (Spy Kids) has been tapped by the studio to direct the flick from a script from Terry Rossio (Pirates of the Caribbean). Rossio will be rewriting the script originally penned by Dan Mazeau for the aborted 2010 flick, so the original script may be still floating out on the 'net.

While Rodriguez is a seemingly odd choice to helm what is an action-adventure stalwart, he's making the right noises so far:

Robert Rodriguez said:
It would be different from anything that I've done. I've never done anything that wasn't either, like, really small, little kid-type movie, and more violent, like, action films, so this would be like doing a James Bond or Indiana Jones movie. But imagine that you're a kid and James Bond is your bodyguard, and your dad is Indiana Jones. It's like one of those movies, and you just happen to be in it. That's what I would do with it.

Full interview over here.

Ghostco_JQ_Final_Product_1024x1024.jpg

Will Hadji get a name change? Will Jessie be forced upon an unsuspecting world? Are they going to be teens? Will the movie actually make it into production this time?!

Theme song!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L0kg_tzQvf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stoo

Le Saboteur said:
Theme song!
And, oh, what a great one, it is.(y) The band, Reverend Horton Heat did a psyco-billy version on the "Saturday Morning" CD compilation in the mid-'90s. It's a medley (with "Stop That Pigeon" from the "Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines" cartoon) but it kicks.

I hope this movie gets made!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/40FsKwX-K8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:
And, oh, what a great one, it is.(y) The band, Reverend Horton Heat did a psyco-billy version on the "Saturday Morning" CD compilation in the mid-'90s. It's a medley (with "Stop That Pigeon" from the "Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines" cartoon) but it kicks.

I had forgotten all about the good reverend's cover! For a moment I was getting it confused with their version of the Johnny Bravo theme song.

Though, nobody had a monster guitar riff like The Radical Squadron!

Stoo said:
I hope this movie gets made!

As do I! Though, having been first introduced to the Family Quest via The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest I'm partial to wanting to see a flick set in a version of the modern day. Of course, something is missing from the modern action-adventure so perhaps a period piece is desirable...

johnny_quest.jpg