Indiana Jones Top Trumps

adsdpial

Hello, newbie here. I hope I've dropped this in the correct section.

I'm after some help from anyone that may have seen any details about the new Indiana Jones Top Trumps pack, and in particular the Super Top Trump card. I understand that the super card for this new pack will be given out at selected US or UK Cinema's when the movie is screened?. Has anyone read which these selected Cinema's will be, or what the super card will be off?

I'd be very grateful for any info anyone has, many thanks, Ian :)

adsdpial

Little Indy said:
Do you mean a TOPPS Trading Card of sorts? No info that I am aware of.

Hi Little Indy, thanks for replying, much appreciated.

No not Topps though, this is the set of 30 Indy Top Trumps cards, played like the card game War, where each character card from the series has a range of different statistics and attributes, and the player picks the best statistics on each card to try to "Trump" and win their opponents card from their hand, its really addictive.

I think the pack is due out closer to the new Movie release, and I'm interested in any super cards that may be available, as these rare "chase" cards can be added to the main deck for greater game-play. My understanding is that the main pack will be out in both the US and UK.

adsdpial

Indy Top Trumps image

Just spotted the early art-work image to the new Indy Top Trumps pack.
I'm not sure if this is the finished pack art-work or not, I would guess there would be some ref to the new Movie on it, however, its started to appear for pre-order on some sites now, and this is the image thats appearing. (y)

Now I just need to find out what the 30 character cards in the deck will be!

7479.jpg

adsdpial

Not at all Little Indy, no worries - I was pleased to spot the image at last.

I'm interested now to see what the statistics/attributes are likely to be, as well as who the 30 cards in the pack will be of, and how they are rated across those statistics.

To give you an idea, the Simpsons Top Trumps are rated over their stats on Most Lovable, Smartest, Fattest, Biggest Nerd, Greatest Anarchist and Walk of Fame rating, and Star Wars Top Trumps are rated over Height, Brains, Dark Side, Jedi Powers, Battle Skills and Force Factor.

What do you guys think the Indy stat ratings will be?

Gary2880

Whippage skills, idol grabbage ability, hat stay-on-ness, overall awesomeness, ability to defeat the powers of evil

Indy is always top trumps (y)

adsdpial

Indy Top Trump info

Thanks to a contact in Germany, I found out a little about the German release of the Indy Top Trumps. I'm not sure if this info reflects the way the US and UK English packs will be produced and promoted?, but interesting none the less.

In Germany, the pack will be released in May, when the movie will be shown in the cinemas.The German Indy Top Trumps pack will include characters of all four movies, however, the Indy card in that main deck of 30 will be the "young" Harrison Ford Indy image we're all familiar with from the first movies.

There will be a German "booster" bonus pack of cards to add to the main deck of 30 cards, placed in the German "k-Club" Comic, this booster bonus pack will contain the new latest "older" looking Indiana Jones from Indy IV, so it will compliment the main deck of 30 really well.

I'll post the details from the US & UK pack as soon as I find anything out.

xelaman

cool tops trumps looks good buuuuut

battles in time/spy/identity cards are better

as seen in another disscussion i made with no replys for some reason or other

adsdpial

I collect the Battles cards too xelaman, both are cool, although I prefer the Top Trumps due to the biogs on each card.

Here's the latest image spotted for the TT Indy pack.

indy.jpg

adsdpial

US Indiana Jones Top Trumps Booster Packs

I just spotted this on the US Top Trumps site. Indy Top Trumps Booster packs to preview/add to the deck of 30 Top Trumps Indy cards

"We have just put the finishing touches on our deck of Indiana Jones Top Trumps. These will be available from our US online store at the end of May once the movie launches! Top Trumps will soon be available from Amazon.com and later in the summer will be available from a well known chain of US book stores.

If you'd like to get a sneak preview of the Indiana Jones cards... try your nearest US cinema! One million 8-card booster packs are being distributed as a promotional item at participating US cinemas nationwide, from May 1st."

Last edited:

adsdpial

German Indy Pack Image

Here is a peek at the German Indy Top Trumps pack, I'm guessing again that the UK/US pack of 30 cards will be the same - but don't they look super!

This was spotted on the German Top Trumps Winning Moves site, hopefully we'll soon get the UK/US images.

I'm hoping someone can translate the stats on the cards into English for me ? - I'd be very grateful to know what they are :D

n546302314_775360_2522.jpg

n546302314_775359_1892.jpg

JackBurton

I'm hoping someone can translate the stats on the cards into English for me ? - I'd be very grateful to know what they are

Here it is:

Adventure 4
Power 24
Intelligence 35
Bravery 82
Greed 8
Faith & Wisdom 35

The stats are from the Indy Card.

adsdpial

Thanks Jack!

JackBurton said:
Here it is:

Adventure 4
Power 24
Intelligence 35
Bravery 82
Greed 8
Faith & Wisdom 35

The stats are from the Indy Card.

Thanks Jack, much appreciated. Funnily enough though, the UK Top Trumps site also just published their pack details, it translates slightly differently in the UK/US pack,and that says :

They are 'Adventures', 'Combat', 'Cunning', 'Courage', 'Greed' and 'Faith & Wisdom'.

It goes on to say:

"The ultimate adventure hero, Indiana Jones, is a daring archaeologist whose travels lead him into danger time and time again. Seeking not for fortune and glory, but wisdom and understanding, Indy's quests take him to the four corners of the Earth to protect history from those who would abuse it. With the launch of the fourth of his big adventures on the screen his hero status is honoured in Top Trumps style! With categories including 'Adventures', 'Combat', 'Cunning', 'Courage', 'Greed' and 'Faith & Wisdom', Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Top Trumps are a must for any fan of the film series."

adsdpial

German Top Trumps Indy Booster set

I heard from a friend in Germany that the 4 cards to add to the main German Indy Top Trumps pack of 30 are:

"The (German) Indiana Booster contains four cards, once more only one of them says "STT" on the rear but I guess they are all STTs :

1. Oberst Dietrich
2. Maharadscha Zalim Singh
3. Deutscher Soldat (German Soldier) and
4. Mr. Indiana Jones himself (as said before in a younger age )"

adsdpial

UK Indy Top Trumps Booster Details

Its all happening today!

Details have just been posted on the Top Trumps site saying that the UK Indy Booster sets are to be available free to people buying the Indy Top Trumps from Woolworths Stores.

"Woolworths Indiana Jones STT
01 May 2008

It?s nearly here?.Indiana Jones is on his way?.just days to go. Well, days to go until you can see him on the big screen that is?

For those of you who can?t wait that long, those lovely people at Woolworths are definitely going to be on your Christmas card list ? as they have a whole host of Top Trumps goodies ? and they?ve gone to the ends of the earth to get them for you. Indiana himself would be proud!

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Top Trumps are in all Woolworths stores NOW!

It?s a truly awesome pack, with characters from the original film (to keep Dad happy!) and, of course, the daring archaeologist and his friends and foes from the new film are rated on categories include ?Adventures?, ?Combat?, ?Cunning?, ?Courage?, ?Greed? and ?Faith & Wisdom?. Join Indy?s quest to the four corners of the Earth in true Top trumps style ? and ultra cool leather effect cards!

And, as if that wasn?t enough, for a limited period our friends at Woolworths have got an extra treat for Top Trumps fans..

If you buy this Top Trumps pack at any Woolworths store before the launch of the film (22nd May, in case you had forgotten!), you will be given an exclusive set of Indiana Jones Super Top Trumps cards * ? completely free!

These cards cannot be found anywhere else (and we mean anywhere ? not even by the daring archaeologist himself), so are something pretty special.

Each set includes 3 cards ? Colonel Dietrich, New Marion and The Maharajah. These are not in the pack, so you?ll definitely have the advantage when it comes to trumping you friends!

Anyway, that?s enough from us. Lets just say, who dares wins ? who?s going to be the quickest to get to Woolworths?!

* Whilst stocks last."

Arab Swordsman

Are these cards going to be available in the US? It sounds like a cool concept. The Top Trumps website doesn't have anything on the US site about the cards.

adsdpial

US Indy Top Trumps

Hiya.

I just had a quick look on their site, and there was this reply to a recent question along similar lines to yours Arab Swordsman :D

"We have just put the finishing touches on our deck of Indiana Jones Top Trumps. These will be available from our online store at the end of May once the movie launches! Top Trumps will soon be available from Amazon.com and later in the summer will be available from a well known chain of book stores.

If you'd like to get a sneak preview of the Indiana Jones cards... try your nearest cinema! One million 8-card booster packs are being distributed as a promotional item at participating US cinemas nationwide, from May 1st."

- The booster set of bonus/preview cards to add to that main deck of 30 Indy cards are to be free in a food-combo purchase deal at selected US Cinema's (info above in a previous post) - if you get a spare, think of me, lol :)

IndianaJones-BigBox.jpg