Michael Jackson Dead(?)

sandiegojones

Forbidden Eye said:
http://www.yesterland.com/eo.html

Maybe with his passing, Disney can find a way to release it on DVD.
That would be cool if it was a 3D DVD. I grew up around LA and went to Disneyland a lot. This was one of my favorite attractions.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AstW05bDiQU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AstW05bDiQU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It may seem really lame now, but when this came out nobody was more famous than Michael Jackson and Lucas was just coming off of the Star Wars trilogy. This was before digital sound and CGI. It had a 10 channel soundtrack an pretty good 3D for the time.

The fact that he worked with Lucas, Coppola and Scorsese (and even Spielberg with E.T.) speaks to how popular he was.

Last edited:

sandiegojones

The second part of Captain EO:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2Zt-57Cg0U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2Zt-57Cg0U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I remember how awesome it sounded in the Disney theater!

Skylover SC said:
you may not be aware of it, but Michael visited Last Crusade set :
MJ%20&%20Indiana%20Jones_jpg.jpg

looks like the pictures isnt showing, so here it is...
http://www.mjj.altervista.org/immagini/gallerie/MJ_VIP/images/MJ & Indiana Jones_jpg.jpg

Steven Spielberg has released this statement about the death of Michael Jackson exclusively to EW:

"Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend."
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/06/michael-jackson-steven-spielberg.html

Gear

I wonder how plausible it is, with MJ's finances and contracts as the are, that he payed off the hospital and others involved and slipped away to the Middle East to escape the public and medias' scrutiny and laughing material as well as his legal issues here in the U.S.

Finn

Staff member
Gear said:
I wonder how plausible it is, with MJ's finances and contracts as the are, that he payed off the hospital and others involved and slipped away to the Middle East to escape the public and medias' scrutiny and laughing material as well as his legal issues here in the U.S.
The issues presented here are plausible material for having a connection with what happened. But the action taken isn't very.

Occam's razor would say suicide. Besides, premature death seems to do wonders for your legacy. Just ask Hendrix, Cobain or Ledger.

Gear

Finn said:
Occam's razor would say suicide. Besides, premature death seems to do wonders for your legacy. Just ask Hendrix, Cobain or Ledger.

Don't forget Jesus.

Aside from the topic and just out of my curiosity, are you a listener of Nirvana?

Finn

Staff member
Gear said:
Don't forget Jesus.
Yeah. 2000 years and counting.

Gear said:
Aside from the topic and just out of my curiosity, are you a listener of Nirvana?
No need. Achieved that quite a while ago. It's overhyped.

Okay, seriously... it's not bad music but flag me as a casual fan at best.

What prompted you to ask such a question anyway? If it was simply my mention of Cobain, I think I need to go delete any messages I posted in the Miley Cyrus thread...

Gear

Eh, interested because not all that many circles talk about him or the band anymore. And so much of their stuff is overlooked and forgotten. So, I inquired coz I happen to really dig them.

Oh, now, I don't think Miley'll offended. She doesn't even know their pretty little songs, so she doesn't sing along, and she doesn't shoot her gun--wait...

she doesn't, right? :sick:

Finn

Staff member
Gear said:
Eh, interested because not all that many circles talk about him or the band anymore. And so much of their stuff is overlooked and forgotten. So, I inquired coz I happen to really dig them.
I see. Like I said, good music.

Gear said:
she doesn't, right? :sick:
Heh, I think we have better people than me to answer this.

She claimed to be like wtfomg the biggest fan ever of Radiohead!! Until they snubbed her when she tried to get into their dressing room. Like wtf? To Miley? Don't they know who she is?! Uggggh-- like totally uncool. So like she and all her tweener friends and followers have sworn to sabotage Radiohead by not supporting them anymore. ...as if the 11 year old idiot demographic bought Radiohead albums to begin with.

What's that have to do with Nirvana? Well if they're cool enough, she probably pretends to like them... :gun:

Insomniac

ResidentAlien said:
She claimed to be like wtfomg the biggest fan ever of Radiohead!! Until they snubbed her when she tried to get into their dressing room. Like wtf? To Miley? Don't they know who she is?! Uggggh-- like totally uncool. So like she and all her tweener friends and followers have sworn to sabotage Radiohead by not supporting them anymore. ...as if the 11 year old idiot demographic bought Radiohead albums to begin with.

What's that have to do with Nirvana? Well if they're cool enough, she probably pretends to like them... :gun:
SORRY WRONG THREAD!!!
MILEY DEAD I WISH!!!:hat:

Gear

ResidentAlien said:
She claimed to be like wtfomg the biggest fan ever of Radiohead!! Until they snubbed her when she tried to get into their dressing room.

Miley Cyrus Vows To Ruin Rude, Stinky Radiohead

Radiohead Accuses Miley Cyrus of "Entitlement" After Insult

Rolling Stone said...

:rolleyes:

ResidentAlien said:
So like she and all her tweener friends and followers have sworn to sabotage Radiohead by not supporting them anymore. ...

Yeah. And RadioHead goes 'Heh. Uh, okay."

Finn said:
I see. Like I said, good music.

So, if I may ask, what's your musical preference?

Webley

Overlooked yesterday- due to the media coverage of the deaths of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett- was the passing of Sky Saxon, the bassist and lead singer of the psychedelic garage rock icons The Seeds.. Not quite a one-hit-wonder (along with Pushin' To Hard, the band also scored a minor hit with Can't Seem To Make You Mine), the band was once touted by American blues great Muddy Waters as, "America's own Rolling Stones." The original band fell apart shortly after their early successes, but Saxon continued fronting different incarnations of the band for revival tours into this decade. Godspeed to one of the great names in rock 'n' roll.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmHTyLBIZ1g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmHTyLBIZ1g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Webley said:
sky saxon also died the same day as jackson and fawcett. not that anyone is gonna care...even though he's way cooler than both of them combined.

Sky Saxon of '60s rock band the Seeds dies
By JIM VERTUNO ? 9 hours ago

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) ? Sky Saxon, lead singer and founder of the 1960s band the "Seeds," who had a Top 40 hit in 1967 with "Pushin' Too Hard," has died after a brief illness.

Publicist Jen Marchand said Saxon died Thursday but did not have other details. He was in his 60s.

The Seeds sprang up in California, and their garage-band sound with Saxon's distinctive vocals became a favorite of the flower power generation. Another hit single of 1967 was "Can't Seem to Make You Mine" and their song "Mr. Farmer" was included in the soundtrack for the movie "Almost Famous."

The Mick Jagger-influenced vocals by Saxon (born Richard Marsh) dominated the sound and in turn influenced later punk rockers.

"All the bikers around San Diego thought the Seeds were apocalypse, then," famed rock critic Lester Bangs wrote in "The Rolling Stone Illustrated History of Rock & Roll." "I recall one hog-ridin' couple ... who didn't take the Seeds' first album off their turntable for three solid months."

Saxon had recently moved to Austin, where he played with his new band, Shapes Have Fangs.

He had been planning to perform this summer with the California '66 Revue, a tour featuring a lineup of California bands from the 1960s.

I will miss him so much, God Bless his family and Hope he will be in the Kingdom.

I love this song never heard it before until now.

object>

Niteshade007

IndyWolf15 said:
I will miss him so much, God Bless his family and Hope he will be in the Kingdom.

Given that he liked to touch little boys, I'm thinking no...

But I'm not the one in charge of that sort of thing.

Finn

Staff member
Desperately trying to steer the topic away from becoming a religious debate...

What do the Jackson family and a game of chess have in common?
-In both, whites go first.

What if this what happened was simply part of the man's plan? I mean, he'd allegedly said he wants to make the kind of comeback like no man before...

<small>Apart from Jesus, that is.</small>

What's got eight legs and it knows how to sing?
-The Jackson 4.

Apparently, the Disney Company bought the rights for the comeback tour and retooled it...
-Michael Jackson on Ice, coming this fall!

On the other hand, you may keep bickering religion in here for all I care... I heard rumors that Jacko liked immature a**holes.

<small>Well, I know I ain't going to heaven...</small>

sandiegojones

Niteshade007 said:
Given that he liked to touch little boys, I'm thinking no...

But I'm not the one in charge of that sort of thing.
I'm curious what new info will come out about this. I never believed he did it based on evidence that was made public.

The first kid from 1993 was the son of a lawyer and the second kid had a scam artist mother and attorney. Because he was weird he was an easy target and it was plausible he did bad stuff, but plausibility doesn't equal guilt. Being a parent, I would not settle for cash if anyone did anything to my son. I believe the cash settlement was all lawyer dad was after. Also, just because MJ paid out the money doesn't mean he's guilty. Back then with all the money MJ had, $25 million was like a few thousand to the rest of us. It was worth it to settle rather than go through a trial that he likely could have lost based on his weirdness rather than guilt.

Now that he's dead, perhaps some people will come out of the woodwork since some legal agreements may no longer be binding. I'd like to know the truth good or bad.

I'm also curious to see if he really had vitiligo.