What Indy book do you think would make a good movie?

AnnieJones

What Indy novel,young Indy novel,comic book,etc. do you think would make a good Indy movie?I was just wondering this and wanted to know what everyone else thought,so I decided to do a thread about it.If there is already a thread about this,I don't mind if mine is merged with that thread.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Interior World.

Alright I'm kidding. :p

Peril at Delphi would be pretty sweet as a film. I could see that being a continuation from the TV series and a bridge to the feature films.

Jackson

I would like to see The further adventures of Indiana Jones comic books 7-8 made into a movie. Also I would love to see the opening of issue 9 made into the teaser for a movie. When Indy goes with Sallah to recover the idol from the artifact dealer Belloq sold it to.

Jackson
www.spindlequest.com

Morning Bell

The Genesis Deluge and the four McCoy books would all make great Indy films. Each one is different while still retaining the feel of a classic Indy adventure.

Col. Detritch

I haven?t read too much Indy lit.:eek: I am planning to read AotD however. I read some reviews and looked into it to see if it was worth my time and I must say it looks pretty good! It could be a prequel to KotCS which would be awesome and It would have Mac in it which would be even more awesome- beyond words!:hat:

Lego Indy

Col. Detritch said:
I haven?t read too much Indy lit.:eek: I am planning to read AotD however. I read some reviews and looked into it to see if it was worth my time and I must say it looks pretty good! It could be a prequel to KotCS which would be awesome and It would have Mac in it which would be even more awesome- beyond words!:hat:

With a little more action, I could see it as a movie. (y)

Indy Scout 117

Ajax the Great said:
I really liked Secret of the Sphinx and the Genesis Deluge.
agreed. McCoy and MacGragor are great Indy novelists. i'd say that Philosophers stone would make a good movie, but personally, i think it would seem too much like Raiders. anyone else agree with that??

but yes, Secret of the Sphinx would be AMAZING!!!! (y) also Hollow Earth!!!

Fate of Atlantis

I would love a novelization of that game/comic. LF should hire someone to novelize all of their Indy games from FoA until present. And have the balls to publish them!!!

fieromx

I liked 'Sky Pirates', but it started off simular to League of Extroidinary Gentlemen',what with a robbery and all...But some people didn't like that story.
I think if they had more air time with the Dirigible that would be cool.
(action was too short in the novel)

As fare as games: 'Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine', that would make an awesome movie.(y)

Raiders90

:sick:
punisher5150 said:
I would love a novelization of that game/comic. LF should hire someone to novelize all of their Indy games from FoA until present. And have the balls to publish them!!!

Amen. I'd love to read novelizations of FoA and IM.
Also, novel versions of the Iron Phoenix, The Spear of Destiny and the Golden Fleece comics would be cool. I've never read the comics myself but their story lines sound really cool.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Raiders112390 said:
:sick:

Amen. I'd love to read novelizations of FoA and IM.
Also, novel versions of the Iron Phoenix, The Spear of Destiny and the Golden Fleece comics would be cool. I've never read the comics myself but their story lines sound really cool.

Agreed, also the SoK novel that got cancelled, would be really nice too! As well as the Emperor's Tomb.

As for the comics you've mentioned, I've read them however they weren't as good as they sound. Iron Phoenix is best to me out of the three, with the post WW2 storyline and Nazi zombies. Golden Fleece was pretty thin and Spear of Destiny, though I love Henry Snr's appearance and the fact that it takes place right after LC, was also a bit of a disappointment. Those stories would fit say an Indiana Jones serial tv series or an animation series episode.

FoA definitely should be novelised, though I admit the comic adaption is pretty damn good and would be a good starting point for any fan that would consider making their own fan novelisation.

Out of the comics, since we didn't get it in comic form, I would love Lost Horizon as a novel (and if the storyline was decent, definitely a Young Indy movie)!!!