Movie rating

What is your favorite Indy Movie

• Total voters
well i haven't found an official thread for his and if there is Finn can close it but what you need to do is vote for your favorite indy movie and then post your rating example here's mine

1. Raiders
2. Last Crusade
3. KOTCS
4. Temple

twlightzone1205

It's Raiders for me. In fact, my favorite film of all time. I had the joy of seeing it in our then downtown theater in August 1981 and have loved it ever since.

Mrs_Fedora

This kind of thread already exist somewhere on the forum, but whatever, polls are good.. (y)

1. LC
2. TOD
3. ROTLA
4. KOTCS

Hmm, nothing has changed in my list i see... Well, KOTCS came closer to ROTLA. I saw it a second time and i really enyoyed it. Last Crusade was always my fave, Temple was my first Indy so it has to be second, Raiders in third and NOT because it's bad, it's brilliant! Kingdom still in 4th place, but close to the others.

Indy Byrd

Temple was my first Indy film, and I watched it several times with me Grandma (R.I.P. MeMa Love ya!!), so it has a special meanning to me. But to list them in order of favs here we go:

1. Temple
2. LC
3. Raiders
4. Crystal Skull

I just have to add though, I love them all and have watched, and WILL continue to watch them over and over again. (y)

Indy&HanFan

my order would be:

1. ROTLA
2. LC
3. KOTCS
4. TOD

i like all of them, but this is how i would have to order them.

Crack that whip

From the thread title, I thought this was going to be about the MPAA ratings for the movies, with perhaps some discussion of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom having ushered in the PG-13 designation (without actually having been rated that itself).

vf wing

Methinks the MPAA ratings might be a more worthwhile discussion. I find it quite ironic that the harder-edged first two films are still PG's, but i guess the MPAA doesn't go back and change ratings for films that already received a rating.

Oh, and i don't have a favorite and can't rank them. Love 'em all for different reasons!

mutt willams

i dont know i kinda liked all of them (i just picked a random one by moving around my mouse with my eyes closed) but if i had to put them in order it would be....

ROTLA
LC and KOTCS are kinda tied
TOD

Crack that whip

vf wing said:
Methinks the MPAA ratings might be a more worthwhile discussion. I find it quite ironic that the harder-edged first two films are still PG's, but i guess the MPAA doesn't go back and change ratings for films that already received a rating.

They've done it on occasion, but I think the filmmaker / studio has to resubmit it for a new rating. Star Trek: The Motion Picture was originally G and is now PG, Saturday Night Fever has been both R and PG, and George Lucas' own THX 1138 was originally PG and is now R.

In all those cases, though, the movie was changed, and the different ratings apply to different versions, which I believe is the reason they were resubmitted. In the case of Saturday Night Fever, the movie was recut specifically to get the milder rating so it would be more accessible to young audiences. The recut is 11 minutes shorter!
SaturdayNightFeverPG.jpg

Perhaps if the first two Indy movies were resubmitted for ratings today they'd get PG-13s, but I don't think there's any reason to resubmit them unless they undergo substantial alterations (i.e., more substantial than the little digital tweaks and fixes Lucas has applied to a few shots).

IndyCon

The List

1. Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark

2. Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

3. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade

4. Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom

weaponx24

man...this is hard! i love all of them, but if I had to put them in order I'd say it would go something like this:

1. ROTLA
2. LC
3. TOD
4. KOTCS

theres certain things I love about each one of them. I guess thats what makes it so hard! haha!