The Dark Knight Rises

kongisking

Indy Scout 117 said:

This sounds great, but the only thing that worries me is the unananimous complaints over Bane's voice. Me and The Man have already discussed this, and agree that it would be annoying if Bane was mumbling through the whole film. But Nolan is smarter than that. If there's complaints, he will listen to them and fix it. So here's hoping.

Next year will be the Year of the Bat. You know it to be true...:p

Indy Scout 117

kongisking said:
Next year will be the Year of the Bat. You know it to be true...:p
ooh i dunno, the Avengers, Spider-man, and Ghost Rider are coming out too. im not sure if this be ol' Batsy's year. the Avengers MIGHT top him :p

kongisking

Here it is, in all its glory:

movies_the_dark_knight.jpg

And Indy Scout 117, I'm sure Avengers will smite down all competition...until the Batman arrives on his Batpod and blows the entire team to smithereens...:D

Indy Scout 117

kongisking said:

movies_the_dark_knight.jpg

And Indy Scout 117, I'm sure Avengers will smite down all competition...until the Batman arrives on his Batpod and blows the entire team to smithereens...:D
haha maybe, i guess we'll see :hat: either way, both will be amazing films!!!!!! (y)

Montana Smith

kongisking said:

That's a strange tagline: "The Legend Ends. The Dark Knight Rises."

The Batman is always legend, as he exists as something mythical in the minds of his lesser foe. Like the ninja he passes himself off as a supernatural creature through theatrics, sleight of hand and technology.

If he's no longer legend, then he's just a man in a silly outfit. Which is why he works best at night in the mantle of a fear-striking bat.

WillKill4Food

Montana Smith said:
If he's no longer legend, then he's just a man in a silly outfit.
Ding ding ding. I saw this on reddit and hopes that Nolan had very little to do with choosing a tagline that goes against Ducard's whole spiel in Batman Begins.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Spoiler Alert.

Montana Smith said:
That's a strange tagline: "The Legend Ends. The Dark Knight Rises.".

The League of Shadows is the legend that ends. You heard it hear, first.

WillKill4Food

Pale Horse said:
The League of Shadows is the legend that ends. You heard it hear, first.
While I think we both doubt that the poster is referring to the League, this is how I expect the film to play out, with Bane being the kind of figure Ra's wanted Bruce Wayne to be.

Bellosh said:
I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light.
To establish the Indy connection that Stoo and Rocket would want to see in this thread, one might consider how the Joker, and perhaps Bane if I am correct, might see Batman in this way. Ledger's Joker said very nearly the same thing to Batman in the interrogation scene and at the climax of TDK.

Pale Horse

Staff member
WillKill4Food said:
While I think we both doubt that the poster is referring to the League, this is how I expect the film to play out, with Bane being the kind of figure Ra's wanted Bruce Wayne to be.

It is not like Nolan to leave strings untied. I know the league is the legend. I know it in my gut.

kongisking

Its just a tagline, I think. Kinda like the one for Revenge of the Sith: "The Saga Ends." But it really doesn't. We probably shouldn't read into it. What we should be reading into is the fact that Batman's mask gets broken. That is most intriguing symbolism...

The Man

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GokKUqLcvD8"></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
good trailer...still not sold on Bane's voice, or Hathaway.

CGI football field? meh.

and good trailer, but maybe not as enticing as TDK?

roundshort

I WILL SEE THIS MOVIE! Big Ben to Hines Ward (#86) for a Touchdown as the world blows up!!!!

Nice move using the Steelers!

Pale Horse

Staff member
RE: The Steelers.....

Uh, old friend. You do know the tag line for the movie is: "The Legend Ends" right?