Which jacket should I get?

eazybox

ResidentAlien said:
Thanks for the advice, Jack.

Could you do me a huge favor though and take some good detailed pics of the Todd's spread out? I'm having a hell of a time finding anything like that online.

Also, I'm curious as to whether the Todd's has the inside pocket that Wested offers. Todd prides himself on screen accuracy and I keep reading that the screen-worn jackets have the inside pocket. Won't make or break the deal, I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Yes, Todd's has one inner pocket, like the movie version.

I'm terrible with photos, but I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Jack

eazybox said:
Yes, Todd's has one inner pocket, like the movie version.

I'm terrible with photos, but I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Jack

Thanks a ton!

And good to know about the pocket.

I'm pretty sure at this point that I'll be getting one. And that's despite the fact that tuition is due in a few weeks. Haha. I'm reckless, but I desperately want a jacket...

I figure I can always get a more expensive custom jacket after I graduate in May (put a little graduation $$$ toward that). But I want a usable jacket for the next few months.

eazybox

000_0659.jpg

Sorry this took so long and I hope it works. Good luck with your jacket-- I'm pretty sure the Standard will serve you well until you're ready for the upgrade.

Jack

eazybox said:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd122/eazybox/000_0659.jpg

Sorry this took so long and I hope it works. Good luck with your jacket-- I'm pretty sure the Standard will serve you well until you're ready for the upgrade.

Jack

Cheers! Thanks a lot! Don't know why a pic like that is so hard to find. Everything's either being worn or shown all distressed (and usually poorly at that).

Yeah, it looks pretty attractive. Gah... I think I'll probably order one Monday...

eazybox

No problem. It's definitely worth the money; I just hope it will meet your cold weather needs until you can get a warmer one.

Jack

eazybox said:
No problem. It's definitely worth the money; I just hope it will meet your cold weather needs until you can get a warmer one.

Jack

Yeah, and I figure that even if it is too thin, it's still something I'd be able to wear in the warmer months should I get a thicker jacket.

Off topic a bit...

I ordered this last night:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...oreId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr

Saw them mentioned on another site as being great close enoughs. And the price was right. Hopefully they'll fit. I measure in at a 30 waist, but I usually wear a 28.

eazybox

ResidentAlien said:
Yeah, and I figure that even if it is too thin, it's still something I'd be able to wear in the warmer months should I get a thicker jacket.

Off topic a bit...

I ordered this last night:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...oreId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr

Saw them mentioned on another site as being great close enoughs. And the price was right. Hopefully they'll fit. I measure in at a 30 waist, but I usually wear a 28.

That is a good choice. I'm not so much into the entire costume as I was at one time, but I used L. L. Beans for close enoughs myself at one time, and the great thing about them is that they just make good quality clothes, period-- so they can be worn in "real life," and not only as part of a costume.

Jack

eazybox said:
That is a good choice. I'm not so much into the entire costume as I was at one time, but I used L. L. Beans for close enoughs myself at one time, and the great thing about them is that they just make good quality clothes, period-- so they can be worn in "real life," and not only as part of a costume.

Jack

Exactly. I don't want costume pieces. I definitely want something that I can wear, be it with the jacket or without. And that goes for everything I've bought so far.

The_Raiders said:
What all do you have so far, RA?

As previously mentioned...

Shirt, Bag, Belt, Gloves in my possession and a pair of pants on the way.

Also have a well-worn pair of brown suede shoes that'll suffice until I grab Todd's boots...

The_Raiders

ResidentAlien said:
As previously mentioned...

Shirt, Bag, Belt, Gloves in my possession and a pair of pants on the way.

Also have a well-worn pair of brown suede shoes that'll suffice until I grab Todd's boots...

Nice. I have just about all I need. However my desire to dress up is pretty much diminished by now. I look at all my old gear and I can't think of any aproppriate time to wear it. Plus my hair is long now so I look more like crocodile dundee or something.
I'm sure I'll pick up the hat again one day.

The_Raiders said:
Nice. I have just about all I need. However my desire to dress up is pretty much diminished by now. I look at all my old gear and I can't think of any aproppriate time to wear it. Plus my hair is long now so I look more like crocodile dundee or something.
I'm sure I'll pick up the hat again one day.

I've had long hair since junior year of high school. I'm a senior in college now. I keep considering cutting it though...

As for "dressing up," that's not really important to me (and why should it be). I've already knocked around in the shirt. It's definitely great every day wear. I wear a leather jacket most days anyway, so getting the Raiders jacket wouldn't make much of a difference to my daily wardrobe. And khakis are... khakis.... pretty versatile. The only thing I'm not sure how often I'd wear outside of a "costume" setting would be the fedora... but damn have I always wanted a nice one. ;)

The_Raiders

ResidentAlien said:
I've had long hair since junior year of high school. I'm a senior in college now. I keep considering cutting it though...

As for "dressing up," that's not really important to me (and why should it be). I've already knocked around in the shirt. It's definitely great every day wear. I wear a leather jacket most days anyway, so getting the Raiders jacket wouldn't make much of a difference to my daily wardrobe. And khakis are... khakis.... pretty versatile. The only thing I'm not sure how often I'd wear outside of a "costume" setting would be the fedora... but damn have I always wanted a nice one. ;)

When trying to pull off an Indy look my long hairs a disadvantage, but I love it. I think about as far as I'd go now is maybe wearing the shirt with the sleeves up and pants, but not the whole getup. I definetly need a new shirt however, I've put mine through so much wear and tear the elbows are ripped out. I still wear my jacket alot, usually over a hoodey or somethng.

Nurhachi1991

I think Fedoras look a little more normal than someone wearing an Indy style shirt tucked into Khaki pants with a leather jacket.

I wear my Black Fedora everyday and no one does anything

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
I think Fedoras look a little more normal than someone wearing an Indy style shirt tucked into Khaki pants with a leather jacket.

I wear my Black Fedora everyday and no one does anything

I think it may look more normal because alot of our generation is used to fedoras, just the really crappy kind though. I havn't worn any of my gear however since last summer.

Mickiana

Wearing my fedora mostly covers my shaved head. My Indy gear is the only thing that looks Indy about me. Normally I look like the German mechanic! O well....

On topic: I have a Wested washed goat on the way with request for a more screen accurate collar ie longer from back to front. One of the guys on COW put this idea in my head. I hope Wested comes up with the goods.

Last edited:
Just ordered Todd's jacket and boots...

Gaaaah... broke. :p

All I need now is a fedora. Not quite so concerned with the weapons belt, holster and whip right now...

DocWhiskey said:
Haha. Fantastic.

Drop a line on how you like it when they arrive, Res.

Will do. Definitely looking forward to it.

LLbean sent me shipping confirmation earlier too. I'll have my pants on Wednesday.

indyclone25

i also live in chicago and i have been wearing mine this winter and so far it has kept my pretty warm i wear a sweater under mine and it keeps me warm , just depends on the size jacket you get to be able to put a sweater under