New LA outdoor sets photos

Kingsley

Henry Jones Junior said:
loads of Egyptian stuff.
Well, that stuff didnt fit with the american pyramids. And searching a little, there are some theories that link mayas and egyptians through, oh surprise, a lost continent...

But searching a little, all this elements (and the crystal skulls, aliens, etc) appear connected in theories and pseudotheories about the ancient mesoamerican natives.
All this elements are mixed toghether in a big salad by Sam Osmanagich, an eccentric pseudoarcheologist...

http://www.alternativnahistorija.com/WM.htm#24

And some commentaries about this "expert"...
"The claims made by this delusional man (who walks-talks-dresses Indiana Jones style) show his complete disrespect for science and scientific method. For instance, he claims publicly that he alone is going to ?change the entire history, and the entire science of the mankind?. One of his particularly amusing public statements was that the pyramids were a way for aliens to communicate! "
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/NoPyramidsInBosnia/

So, for every idea Lucas could have for the plot, there is a charlatan providing a theory... :whip:

No Ticket

That's pretty cool. The second picture or so has what appears to be portions of a Mayan temple set! How cool. And that's a huge blue screen!!

... I'm a little confused on the Egyptian stuff not matching the American pyramids. Even if they are linked somehow. I think it's kinda funny the "Production Title" is listed as "Superhero."

Pretty cool photos. If they are Indy IV, I would think somebody is getting fired. That's big spoilers.

Niteshade007

No Ticket said:
I think it's kinda funny the "Production Title" is listed as "Superhero."

I noticed that too.

Yeah, the pics look pretty cool. I'm totally confused at this point, unless those are just in a shop or museum, not in a pyramid.

Kingsley

What bothers me when looking at the Atlantis theory again is that the Aliens are hidding close behind! (n)

And what is that rollercoaster they are building?!

Gobi-1

Too me it looks like the Pharaoh prop will be used for Indy 4 beginning September 6th and that it will latter be used by another production, "Superhero" starting on the 17th.

I know there was an upcoming comic book spoof from David Zucker (Airplane!, Scary Movie 3 & 4) called "Superhero!" but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I just checked out it's page at the IMDb and there's little infomation about it. Craig Mazin is now listed as the director and that's pretty much it. However someone on it's meesage boards says it begins production on September 17th in L.A.

Niteshade007

Oh, I thought the superhero thing was out the window. I heard that they were going to do a superhero one, and then decided to change it to Epic Movie (which was a completely crappy movie). I heard about the Superhero one before Scary Movie 4 came out, while that one was in production, so it has been quite a while.

Gobi-1

Yeah I remember at one point I read that David Zucker was going to direct Superhero! as a followup to Scary Movie 3.

Spoofs have always been a hit and miss affair but lately they've been cranking them out like cheap-o horror flicks. They just aren't as good as they use to be. Wouldn't be surprise if we see "Adventure Movie!" a few months after Indy 4.

littledavid2

One of the egyptians statues doesn't convince me (the one with the arms raised) it seems...I don't know cartoon-like: look at the face and the features, doesn't seems very serious...maybe all this stuff is for "Supehero" wich seems to be still in production (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426592/). Maybe the title "genre" could be used for diferent films...

Professor Jones

Bjorn Heimdall said:
With a little imagination, it says: "Ark's chamber" on those taped on notes

Ehehe, yes... Too bad for the clear "i" dot that you can see on each tape. If there were no dot I'd surely believe that's an "ark" more than an "anti"...

Anyway, I must confess that the first glance at the egyptian props suddenly reassured me, like it dropped me down in classic Indy athmosphere. I must agree that one of the statues (the one that lift the arms) looks too weird... Anyway, by now it's really hard to understand what use could be done of them in the movie (IF they're really destined to be part of Indy 4).

It would be really a great surprise if the McGuffin was Atlantis, though I still don't believe that. And in that case I must admit that I'd really miss Sophie's character (unless it was played by... Cate Blanchett! Now that would really be a surprise!eheheh! Just kidding).

Anyway, more than the statues I'd like to recall your attention on the library that you can see just behind the lifted-arms-statue. If you look carefully it seems an old library with some glass-panel covering its shelves. The glass of the panel seems to be decored in quite an elegant way: trasversal crossing metal lines that forms rhombuses on the glass... that's a kind of decoration quite usual in the area where I live (Venice), and it's quite old in its style.

It remembers me also some kind of library that you could find in some british college (harrypotter-style). Have a look closely and tell me what do you think. Could be some university/museum library just in our Indy 4?

NileQT87

the statue that is holding something on its head is not ancient egyptian-like at all. 1) far too anatomically correct--i mean, crease lines on the lips? muscle structure?, 2) too detailed and the features are just wrong--what's up with the eyelids? that makes it look an awful lot like forbidden eye mara, 3) once again, like raiders, based on tutankhamen's guards. though the statues in raiders didn't exactly look entirely egyptian either.

it looks like something disneyland would produce for temple of the forbidden eye, sort of the cartoonized cobras come to mind.

the other statues holding the ankhs look good. that other one looks like a half-made prop mummy in the making. the gold sarcophagus looks pretty good--and they luckily didn't entirely copy tutankhamen's--the face is longer, for example. but the sharply pointed nose ridge looks a bit bizarre.

yeah, that's not egyptian at all. then again, i complained that the pants weren't being worn high enough when they were doing the '50s stuff (it wasn't just stuffy, old codgers who wore their pants high in those days, but everybody!).

it looks like from "ark's chamber" that the ark is officially verified as being in the movie.

Last edited:
Although I at first thought it says "Ark Chamber," it really says "Ante' Chamber" (the e' might be an i). So, again, the ark is far from confirmed!

NileQT87

antechamber is one word and there is no accent "é". it could be a misspelling, however.

it's either "ark' chamber" with someone who doesn't like to write "'s" or "anté chamber" which, in that case, somebody needs to teach them the spelling of antechamber. in fact, that latin word doesn't have an accent either. it looks about halfway between a "te" and a "k".

well, i think we can verify egypt has something to do with it.

uh, oh. that's tutankhamen's cartouche on the sarcophagus ("nebkheperure").

180px-Tut_cartouche_infofocalpoint.gif

on the right.

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

Well I don't think they would write "Arks" with an accent mark. Its most likely antechamber spelled wrong.

Anyway I agree that these props look too fake and cartoonish to play any kind of big role in the movie. Maybe they're museum pieces that will be used for background shots.

Dr.Sartorius said:
Anyway I agree that these props look too fake and cartoonish to play any kind of big role in the movie. Maybe they're museum pieces that will be used for background shots.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw them.

I can see where people would think it says Ark('s) Chamber...

...but what sense does that make? The Ark was already discovered--the Ark chamber was The Well of Souls.

And besides, it looks more like Ante Chamber to me. The accent mark makes it. No way that's an apostrophe--it's too far over. ...unless we're talking about plural arks which I doubt strongly.