It's official..Trailer next week :)

Indy fan 235

I can't wait for this. I'm actually going to see Spiderwick, so I get the added bonus of seeing the Indy trailer on the big screen!

deckard24

Finally!!

I love when I get up, grab some cofee, and log on to awesome news like this!!

My only dilemma is whether I go to see Spiderwick(which I don't have a clue about!LOL) or wait for it to hit the web.

Hmmm...I think I'll wait for the web trailer.

Indy Smith

Spiderwick looks lik a kids adventure movie:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NzDRHAIB9WY

Would be worth seeing for the Indy Trailer. Although in the UK I doubt it will be attached to that film as it's not out until March.

I also have one of these Cinamea passes so I don't mind going to see as many movies as i want as i pay a subscription for Unlimited movies. :whip: :gun:

drjones

I'm glad this has officially been confirmed. I am going to wait until it hits the web; I have NO desire to see The Spiderwick Chronicles. That movie looks like the hundredth clone of Chronicles of Narnia, all those dragon flicks like Eragon, etc. Not worth my time.

Indy fan 235

I thought I heard that ET would be playing the trailer as well on their show. Is that correct?

Since I won't be seeing the Spiderwick movie until Sunday, I'll catch the trailer first on line or on TV, wherever I can see it.

drjones

I imagine ET will probably air it Thursday evening on the same day it screens with Spiderwick. Except for Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith, which ET did NOT show the trailers for, they will show it, like they did for the trailers for The Phantom Menace back in 98-99.

commontone

drjones said:
I imagine ET will probably air it Thursday evening on the same day it screens with Spiderwick.

Why does Lucas choose Entertainment Tonight, which is basically a tabloid show, to screen the debut of trailers?

They were recently stopped (thankfully) from running a video clip of Heath Ledger talking about smoking marijuana while at a party, which was reportedly taken totally out of context, and is just a trashy, low-life thing to show on TV right after his death.

They might as well release some new pics to the National Enquirer. :confused: :rolleyes:

drjones

You do have a point there. Personally, there are a few other entertainment news shows they could have chosen from: Access Hollywood, Extra, and even TMZ. I guess Paramount and Lucasfilm want to stick to one that has been around for a long time, literally (ET debuted sometime back in 1981, the year Raiders came out!).

Katarn07

deckard24 said:
Hmmm...I think I'll wait for the web trailer.

Yeah... Sounds like a good idea with your addiction to collecting ;)

This is awesome news. Can't wait! Who's gonna scour the net for the cellphone bootleg because they don't wanna see Spiderwick but can't wait for it to hit the web? :p

Indy fan 235

I might be mistaken and it could be on either Access Hollywood or Extra.

I'm sure if they are doing it they will have word starting on Monday.

Katarn07

salussolia said:
rihgt when the trailer hits theaters ittll be on the web

Really? THANK YOU, PARAMOUNT!

WB made fans of Batman wait Friday, Saturday, and almost all of Sunday to see the full trailer for TDK without having to waste your time/money on I Am Legend. Of course, the resourceful fan would have found the cellphone leaks before WB took them down. :p

Michael24

About time! But wait a minute? The headline says "trailer," but the article says "teaser." Which is it?

And I found it amusing the article says the trailer delay was because the film "only recently wrapped." Um, hello, the last day of filming was October 12, almost four whole months ago.

OhioJones

Thank God!

I was afraid we would get to thursday and be let down again!

I am so excited! I have never anticipated a trailer more than this one!

HFFan

commontone said:
Why does Lucas choose Entertainment Tonight, which is basically a tabloid show, to screen the debut of trailers?

The reason Entertainment Tonight will get the 'first exclusive look' (as they like to say) is because ET is produced and distributed by Paramount. The same is true of MTV which has already gotten some exclusives, as well. ET is supposed to preview the trailer on Feb. 14th.