It's official..Trailer next week :)

Michael24

The thing I hate about ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT premiering trailers is that (from the ones I've seen in the past), they provide their own little narration, usually the seizure-inducing voice of Mary Hart, and the trailers always seem somewhat chopped from the official version. Very annoying.

HFFan

Michael24 said:
The thing I hate about ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT premiering trailers is that (from the ones I've seen in the past), they provide their own little narration, usually the seizure-inducing voice of Mary Hart, and the trailers always seem somewhat chopped from the official version. Very annoying.

Agreed. I don't think they're showing the whole trailer. It's only a 'preview' of the trailer. And we have to remember that the purpose of promotion on shows like ET, isn't for the benefit of 'true' fans, it's for the general public that still may not have a clue that another movie is on the way.

Michael24

That's a good way to put it, a "preview of the trailer." That's exactly how I'd describe ET's handling of "trailer premieres." They did the same thing with THE PHANTOM MENACE trailer. I was in film class the night ET was going to show it, and the teacher had the TV on so that we could watch it when the time came, but they butchered it so much we all booed. Haha!!

JimmyPSHayes

I'm going to have to wait until my wife leaves the house to watch it, as there will be insane amount of cheering, screaming, jumping up and down and-I'm not afraid to admit-crying. :p

Adamwankenobi

Michael24 said:
That's a good way to put it, a "preview of the trailer." That's exactly how I'd describe ET's handling of "trailer premieres." They did the same thing with THE PHANTOM MENACE trailer. I was in film class the night ET was going to show it, and the teacher had the TV on so that we could watch it when the time came, but they butchered it so much we all booed. Haha!!

ET promoted the hell out of TPM. They had this countdown thing on their show leading up to the premiere, and were always showing "exclusive" footage or footage "handpicked by George Lucas".

Flannery10

My mother loved the TV spots of Spiderwick and it is actually likely that I'm gonna go see it with her. Now, I really look forward to that!

No Ticket

I'm glad to know the main reason they withheld it so long is "it's part of the fun." Hahaha... oh boy.

Who says oh boy anymore?

I do, because a friggin new Indy trailer is on the horizon!

blueseattle

deckard24 said:
Finally!!

I love when I get up, grab some cofee, and log on to awesome news like this!!

My only dilemma is whether I go to see Spiderwick(which I don't have a clue about!LOL) or wait for it to hit the web.

Hmmm...I think I'll wait for the web trailer.

Same here!!

I always reload or check every other hour, just to see if anything new is up. It's exciting.

Sandindy

Oh man, what I just found out that around my neighborhood they are going to show Spiderwick at midnight on Wednesday. I was planning to just wait for the trailer on Thursday morning on the internet, but that wait between Wednesday and Thursday is just way too long knowing that it is playing in the movie theaters at Midnight.

The funny thing is that once the trailer is done I am going to be so happy and giddy that I wont even care about the movie :p

The_Raiders

I'll watch it on the internet so I can see it when I want to and not wait for it on TV or go see a movie I don't want. (y)

commontone

Will the trailer be available in a downloadable format online, do you all think? I'd love to download it, convert it to DVD and have my first viewing be on my home theater setup.

commontone said:
Will the trailer be available in a downloadable format online, do you all think? I'd love to download it, convert it to DVD and have my first viewing be on my home theater setup.

commontone, you shouldn't have written that!!!! The Beards may see it and purposely make it not downloadable just to annoy us all.:eek:

Indy_Chic

No Ticket said:
I'm glad to know the main reason they withheld it so long is "it's part of the fun." Hahaha... oh boy.

Who says oh boy anymore?

I do, because a friggin new Indy trailer is on the horizon!

Lol! I say 'oh boy' too so don't worry. :p

Oh boy I am so EXCITED that we are FINALLY getting that Indy trailer we all deserve! I think I'm going to get all teary eyed when I watch it just because its the New. Indy.Trailer. :eek: ;)