What would disappoint you most about Indy IV?

Finn

Staff member
Too narrow thinking here, friend. I said "20 years or so" and "20's/30's", which gives us a pretty good amount of looseness here.

I was prolly thinking somewhere in the 20's myself, but nevermind.

AntiJones

Nothing.

Nothing to disappoint, I have already grown beyond that stage of high geeky anticipation. To wait for Indy 4 is like waiting for Star Wars Episode 1 : after 20 years of waiting and all you get is a lousy movie that the Star War fans are too afraid to admit. Guess what? George Lucas might just do the same with Indy 4, put in a character like Jar Jar Bink or a predictable plot so to revive the Indy franchise. Think about it, it is possible and after all these years - all you fans might be too disappointed with the movie but put on a brave face and tell your children or friends how good Indy 4 is.

Joe Brody

Re: Nothing.

AntiJones said:
. . . . Guess what? George Lucas might just do the same with Indy 4, put in a character like Jar Jar Bink or a predictable plot so to revive the Indy franchise.

I don't think that the debacle that is the Star Wars franchise is a good analogy because I place a lot of the blame for the failure of Episodes I & II on Lucas involving his kids in those projects. Lucas's kids wanted a Jar Jar -- Lucas's kids got a Jar Jar. Star Wars is George Lucas's and his alone and he could bring his family into it and tinker with the franchise as he pleased.

I don't see Lucas involving his kids to the same extent in Indy 4 because (while this is subject to dispute) I think that Lucas is mindful that he already has to respect the input from his other collaborators (Spielberg and Ford). Their potential veto should diminish the chance that stupid ideas will get into the mix.

Plus, the Raiders franchise is more mature and sophisticated (although I'm the first to point out the downward trajectory of the last two films in terms of depth and sophistication).

Indyologist

Personally, I think it would be a hilarious Star Wars reference if in the next Indy film, he comes accross a skeleton in a tomb that looks similar to Jar Jar Binks.

Hell, most people want Jar Jar dead anyways.

Original Raider

I hope they dont stick to that "It belongs in a museum!" stuff. Thats a load of c**p, Indy wasnt the clean good guy in Radiers, he was a scoundrel grave robber who wanted $. Lets keep him that way!

Ska

I think that the "it belongs in a museum" way of thinking shows Indy's maturity and growth from his earlier days. I do agree that I liked his rough and tough attitude in Raiders, but I don't know if that would fit a more mature Indy in the 50s.

EDIT: Unless it's an artifact that Indy has wanted to find all his life, and he would be determined to do whatever it takes to obtain it.

Last edited:

Webley

HovitosKing said:
Now, seeing the Hovitos in Indy IV...that would be cool!
The more I think of this idea the more I like it it would be cool to have the Hovitos in Jones4 but this time Indy and the Hovitos are working together and Indy has now learned to speak Hovitos.

IAdventurer01

Original Raider said:
I hope they dont stick to that "It belongs in a museum!" stuff. Thats a load of c**p, Indy wasnt the clean good guy in Radiers, he was a scoundrel grave robber who wanted $. Lets keep him that way!
Not really. What did he want to do with the ark? Put it in Marcus's museum!

What would disappoint me? Have closure to Indy. I want to keep the ending a solid ending, but I still want it to remain open-ended, allowing an easier time for future Video Games, Novels, etc.

Last edited:
seeing how GL managed to kill star wars with ep i and ii, and also conciddering how LC wassnt all that good, my expectations for indy 4 is really, really low. so if its worse than my expectations, im gonna get really dissapointed.

:eek: LC is your favourite?!

well, each to his own i guess. the three trails are sweet thou, but other than that i really dont have to much nice to say about LC. its to much of a rip-of of RotLA and i hate the father/son thing that reduces indy to a boyscout....

It's been said before but the thing that would disappoint me most would be if they added a son/daughter. I'd hate that! :mad:
"Indy's back! And this time, his son is bringing him." :dead:

IAdventurer01

vaxer said:
LC is my favorite! If you didn't like LC, then yes you <b>will</b> be dissapointed.
Mine too! :)

I agree that the offspring idea is poor. I could see him settle dowwn with someone finally, but I would want that at the end of the movie or something, not in between the films.

Rumpled Fedora said:
It's been said before but the thing that would disappoint me most would be if they added a son/daughter. I'd hate that! :mad:
"Indy's back! And this time, his son is bringing him." :dead:

isnt natalie portman suposed to be indys daughter in 4?
hope we dont end up with her as some sort of lara croft character that joins in on daddys adventures... that would be pathetic....

indyjones444

The worst thing, for me, would be completely losing the heart of Indiana Jones. Not having Harrison Ford, none of the "B"-movie type stunts, and no adventure (god forbid!). Can you even imagine? Three words: movie from hell. :cool:

Brown Fedora

*shudders*

I fear the worst when it comes to the script. I have three words:

The Phantom Menace

George Lucas may have great ideas, but his influence, even in small doses, is generally not a good thing when it comes to recent scripting efforts. I can see it now, combined with Spielberg's thing about PC in his own recent films..

Natalie Portman showes up at Indy's door. She's his daughter, hidden from him by Marion, who's been kidnapped doing something or other involving Commies. So Harrison and daughter dearest go to the rescue...

Dear lord, let me be wrong.

-B.F.
:dead: