Treasure of the Templars

Indy Smith

First 5 Mins of Treasure of Templar's Online!

The 1st five minutes of Indiana Jones and The Treasure of The Templar's is available to download over at the http://www.treasureofthetemplars.com website.

I've seen it and think it's rally quite good. I had the honour of meeting Ken last week on a film shoot unrelated to Indiana Jones and he's put a lot into this film, which can be seen with the amount of effort put into it.

I can't wait to see the final finished product. Can you?

Jay R. Zay

brilliant. just brilliant. the most professional fan movie i've seen yet and the only one to be actually shot on film. if you know him in person (i can't really tell for sure from your post ;) ), would you mind asking him what size of film he uses and what it costs him? in germany, film is pretty expensive when you don't do it commercially, $20 for three minutes Super8. :(

apart from this, great action and great cuts, looks better than many commercial movies. anyway i think he should sell it when it's done. it looks very expensive and i'm sure people would buy it. :whip:

Canyon

I was lucky enough to see the first part of the movie at the Indygear UK summit and also had the pleasure of meeting Ken there as well.

Ken is a great guy, and the footage that I saw completely blew me away! :D

Fantastic!

Indy Smith

Hey Jay, Unfortunately due to the nature of the film (fan film) it is a non-profit movie and it canot be sold. Which is a shame because it is good. Ken didnt direct this movie although I am sure he had a hand in making it other than writing and starring in it.

I'll ask him what size of film they use for this movie then.

-Smith

lol, I just saw it by cuz Ken told us it was releases on Indy Gear, and oh man thats some great acting, btw I asked the exact same question on Indy gear that Jay did...

Jay R. Zay

i'd be surprised if it was. a very shallow depth of field, remarkable colors and such a high range of contrast - i seriously don't think you could get this with video, not even with an ND filter and color correction. :confused:

Jay R. Zay

yes this looks like an XL1. :eek:

hmmmm i find it VERY hard to believe... *if* it is one, this would be the better for me as i don't have to think about film, at least not necessarily until our german movie promotion agencies are willing to offer some money. at the current situation, you almost have to be spielberg to get the honor of getting some money. what's the use behind this? if your movies are successful enough, you don't need promotion to pay them, you've either got enough money or some company would be happy to pay. :mad:

just by the way. it makes me angry everytime i read how much money your movies have to bring until they help you... ;)

the Fiddler

uhm, for one the screenshots dont look that freakin' amazing. yeah the color is great, but not like a full on film. I'm sure he did use a XL1 or XL1s as shown in the picutures. they do wonderful color reproduction with their 3 CCD setup. Not as good as film, but getting close.

Indy Ken

Hello

My first post on the raven. Had some problems getting registration to work but all sorted now.

Thanks for all the kind comments about the film - credit must go Jonathan Lawrence, also a big Indiana Jones fan, who directed it and lent all of his equipment, expertise and enthusiasm - he really made this film happen and look the way it does... and also Paul Denton who built all the sets, got all the re-enactors together and worked tirelessly the entire time. Without these people there would be no film or if there was it would look awful. I owe a huge debt of thanks to these guys and can't wait to catch up with them again int he future.

We did shoot on XL1s and will be using XL2 as well in Scotland - the fact it looks so good is a testament to Jonathan Lawrence's ability.

Indy Smith - well well good to meet you online as well!! Cant wait to see how your own fan film works out and I would be honoured to help with it in any capacity that I can.

Will keep you updated on how things go or catch up with the site at www.treasureofthetemplars.com

All the best!!

Ken :)

Canyon

Hiya Ken. Welcome to The Raven. :D

As you can see, your movie is going down pretty well here. :whip: