Indy Laser Discs

Whippersnapper

Hi. I already (of course) have the Indiana Jones DVD Collection. Are there any benefits tied to procuring the Laser Discs? I know that Lucas did some touch up on the Indy films, but my understanding is that it was just reflections and lighting flaws that he corrected.

IndyBuff

Whippersnapper said:
Hi. I already (of course) have the Indiana Jones DVD Collection. Are there any benefits tied to procuring the Laser Discs? I know that Lucas did some touch up on the Indy films, but my understanding is that it was just reflections and lighting flaws that he corrected.

The DVD's are the way to go. The Laser Discs would be cool as a collector's item but I doubt they would feature anything new.

Jay R. Zay

a disk like a CD. something between VHS tapes and DVDs. the video quality is better than VHS, that's why LDs were used for some time but when DVDs appeared, LDs disappeared again because compared to DVD standard, the quality was still pretty ****ty.

EDIT: ah, duncan was faster.

Stoo

Hey Whippersnapper,

Procure all of them, just in case!!! Supposedly, the LaserDisque audio
of "Raiders" is vastly superior to the DVD release....

Whippersnapper

Really? That IS interesting. I hadn't heard that. And by the way, for those asking, you can find all of the Indy movies on LD on ebay with relative ease. And they aren't all that expensive.

QueZTone

i dont have them but i have to agree, it IS pretty cool to have the LaserDiscs.. I mean of any movie but a collection like Indiana Jones in particular...at the time I wouldve not expected the technology to die and be replaced so quickly...