Hasbro line - Pre-Order vs In Store

Okay,
I've been trying to decide whether or not to pre-order a case of the Hasbro 3 inch line...I think I've come to the decision to hunt these down as they come out. I've had a couple of bad experiences pre-ordering Hasbro figures. (It seems they always arrive in less than perfect shape) I'm a little curious, is anyone pre-ordering?

metalinvader

In store for me.I really do not want to wait for them to get here while perfectly good figures are sitting on store shelves.Plus it's only a 10 minute drive for me to a plethora of stores.

I agree

I have a few Wal-marts, some Toys R Us and numerous Targets by me... I?ll be hitting than stating this week?Yeah, I may be early but you never know?

metalinvader

BenderJones said:
I?ll be hitting than stating this week?Yeah, I may be early but you never know?

I've been doing the same the past few days.No luck so far but like you said,"You never know.":)

I've found plenty of food items though.:rolleyes:

Food items...

Yeah, I've seen a lot of stuff but, I don't know if I'm going to collect the stuff...One issue is what to do with the food itself...Also, do store the boxes as is or what? I have no idea...I think I'm going to stick mostly to the hasbro stuff...But I'm not sure....

Lao Che Pun

metalinvader said:
In store for me.I really do not want to wait for them to get here while perfectly good figures are sitting on store shelves.Plus it's only a 10 minute drive for me to a plethora of stores.

Absolutely. Plus, I think for a bunch of us...most of the thrill is in the chase.

metalinvader

Food items can be kinda funny to collect.What I do is take out the food and break the box down and store them in a folder.There are alot of cool food tie-ins coming out.The Indy cereal looks pretty cool.

@Lao Che

Thrill of the chase,Yes.Not to mention how friggin' cool it will be to have a shopping cart FULL of Indy toys!..Sigh,Only a few more weeks!!!

metalinvader

Food collectables are a nice cheap alternative when there are nothing else on the shelves.But come May 1st all my cash is going to Hasbro and the like.

Sorry Kellogs!

Last edited:

blueseattle

I'm in Lincoln Park in Chicago, where they don't have Targets and Wal-Marts (good thing) and Toys R Us's (bad thing), so I'll have to be creative.

DutchIndy

I pre-ordered the first wave of figures and will "hunt" the rest of em. I think it will be faster and I'm not sure all of the figures will be available here (the Netherlands) anyway. I will probably pre-order the ToD figures as well.

QueZTone

off-topic:

it's DutchIndy :O you're back? ive been lurking around here being idle and all for years heh, never thought I'd see you post again :p funniest thing happened before by the way... you on msn still? :)

Are they out?

It looks like there is a few sets and singles up for sale on ebay...
These are not pre-sales...
Very interesting....:gun:

I'm bidding on an in-stock Raiders Indy right now. As for pre-order vs. store hunting, I am splitting it this way: Singles will be pre-ordered, while deluxe figures and vehicles I will hunt down in the stores. I can't wait to set up my own Raiders truck chase display!!!! WOO!!!!:whip:

:gun: Yeah, I think I'm going to wait...Everytime I pre-order hasbro stuff, I find it in the store later...It's just the waiting that kills me. I was going to try to put a scene together but...