May 22 vs Memorial Day

KyleRipman

I noticed that indianajones.com now says Memorial Day 2008, which would be the 26th as opposed to the 22nd of May. I ran a quick search to see what the deal was but didn't find any threads, and theraider's main page still says the 22nd.
Does anyone know anything about this?

Or, rather, it opens the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. Either way, it's just a general time period. The general public will likely remember Memorial Day rather than May 22. Besides, you don't release movies on a Monday.

Michael24

With a Thursday release, does this mean it'll be one of those things where theaters will premiere it at 11:59PM Thursday night, like they did with the last Harry Potter movie?

Because otherwise, Thursday is an odd release day. Wednesdays and Fridays are the usual opening days for movies.

You'll have to wait in line Wednesday night to see it precisely at midnight on Thursday. So, Wednesday will be the party night.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Michael24 said:
With a Thursday release, does this mean it'll be one of those things where theaters will premiere it at 11:59PM Thursday night, like they did with the last Harry Potter movie?

Because otherwise, Thursday is an odd release day. Wednesdays and Fridays are the usual opening days for movies.

Yeah, Snakes on a Plane was a Thursday too...are you sure that's not the norm?

Alexandria

If I don't have anything to do, and have the money, I wouldn't mind going to a midnight showing. :) I would have to be with friends though, it's NO fun to be by yourself at the movies. :(

Kingsley

Alexandria said:
it's NO fun to be by yourself at the movies. :(
It depends on the movie...
I sometimes watch movies that I know are bad when I go with friends, because the movie isn't the main interest.

KyleRipman

The Professor said:
Or, rather, it opens the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. Either way, it's just a general time period. The general public will likely remember Memorial Day rather than May 22. Besides, you don't release movies on a Monday.

Ah okay, thanks.
I'm also hoping to catch a midnight showing if there are any in my area.

Katarn07

Hrm, I forget what my schedule's like next semester. I'm pretty sure I loaded up my Tues and Thurs so not sure if I'll see it opening night. I'm definately not gonna even consider doing the midnight showing on this one. I did that once for the final Star Wars film. That may be enough of that. It's not that great of a thing, but it's cool to say I did it. At least once I suppose.

Kingsley said:
It depends on the movie...
I sometimes watch movies that I know are bad when I go with friends, because the movie isn't the main interest.

Agreed... I'll see this one with my wife, but... Sometimes I *prefer* to go alone if it's something I really want to lose myself in. :)