TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 06-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #51
Indy Pendant
IndyFan

I read three novelizations in 1997, and I disliked them so much I'm skeptical to read more today. It would be easier if I could find them at the library, but I can't.
Indy Pendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #52
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow
It's seeming like they didn't reprint Unicorn's Legacy and Interior World for this run. Anyone know the reason? Are they disappointing? Did they not sell well before? They're on Amazon so that's where I'll buy them but I was wondering why they aren't even in the front jackets of the books or the novels pack in the official store.

Unicorn's Legacy is the only one I'm looking for now. I managed to find Interior World at a used bookstore. None of the bookstores around here have Unicorn's Legacy.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #53
Wulfgang
IndyFan

Thumbs up

Well I waited a long time but I finally finished my collection yesterday, it only took 12 years. I ordered the Unicorn's Legacy. I picked up the other 3 books I needed last week. I can't wait till my month off!!
Wulfie
Wulfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #54
TeamAndino
IndyFan

Anybody have any idea why Unicorns Legacy and Interior World weren't reprinted along with the other books?
TeamAndino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #55
Indy&HanFan
IndyFan

does anyone else think that $7 is a bit much for a paperback?
Indy&HanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #56
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAndino
Anybody have any idea why Unicorns Legacy and Interior World weren't reprinted along with the other books?

I was under the impression they were reprinted along with the others... but it does seem as though they're a lot harder to find than the others, doesn't it? Most peculiar...
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #57
indyclone25
IndyFan

i was at borders today and saw all of the book available they were in the fiction section and all were there--- they sort of redid the lettering on the titles on the spine from what they looked like back on the original printing--- but good to see all of them out again
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #58
Agent Z
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAndino

They were...

Is Costco still selling the novels in 3-packs as mentioned earlier in the thread? I checked their online store and it doesn't mention the novels at all. The nearest store to me is a little out of the way, but would be worth it for books under $4 each.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #59
Rococo
IndyFan

At least near me, last week they still had them- but I know they vary from store to store...
Rococo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #60
Raider S
IndyFan

I picked up Peril at Delphi and Dance of the Giants at Wal Mart. Got close to half through Delphi and I have to be honest and say I might not bother to finish it. Not that it would take long - these are more like short stories than novels - but it's dreadfuly boring.

Kind of like the few Star Wars books I read. I picked the ones that seemed most popular and while they were OK, after I was done (these were a couple three book series) I kind of felt like I got nothing out of it.

At least the Indy books so far feels less like fan fiction than the SW stuff.
Raider S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #61
Tennessee Smith
IndyFan

I found Unicorn's Legacy at my local bookstore. It was in the same section with all the reprints but after I opened it, its an original. I assume it didn't sell when it came out based on the horrible reviews I've read so they've been stuck in a warehouse somewhere.

As fare as the Interrior World is concerned, I think it was handled the same way. I went to Disney World last year and the MGM studios park has an Indy shop, right outside the Indy Stunt Show. The store had about 50 copies of the Interior World and no other book in sight. I felt it was odd then but it makes sense now.
Tennessee Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #62
Raider S
IndyFan

When I was a kid waaay back when I went to Disney World - do they really sell so much junk there now? I remember a Disney store and some souvenirs, but nothing like themed stores next to the rides.
Raider S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #63
Tennessee Smith
IndyFan

Are you kidding? Man, all they have is shops selling Mickey snow globes to Donald Duck rectal thermometers, well maybe not the snow globes but you get my drift.

The Indy Shop at MGM isn't that bad, it sells the Dorfman Pacific wool fedora, a few poster cover T-shirts and other odds and ends that really aren't that good. The shop in Disneyland on the other hand has specific merchandise related to the "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" attraction. I picked up a nice Forbidden Eye coffee cup there. It helps me start my day right, Indy Style!!!
Tennessee Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #64
Agent Z
IndyFan

Well, the good news is that Deep Discount's big sale this month is 25% off of all the dvds, along with major cuts on a good deal of the books and cds...

However...

The Indy novels were $4.72 last sale, but are now, in most cases, up around $6.29 a book.

Damn, that's still a decent price, but I was wondering if there were any Costco promotions still running, with the books bundled and cheap?
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote