Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #26
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
She's better off a villain frankly. I'd think she'd pull off a Russian commie well.

SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

According to CHUD that is exactly what she is. Or at least wears the uni of a Soviet.
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #27
Gobi-1
IndyFan

Exclusive! First Image of Shai from the Indy 4 Set*

*Sorry I hade to do it.
Gobi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #28
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi-1

*Sorry I hade to do it.

Nice Gobi....If it was anywhere near April Fools Day you could post this on TF.N and you being a MOD they'd believe it's validity before they opened it...lol
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #29
Moedred
Administrator

I seriously doubt these new age crystals are reason enough to revive the franchise.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #30
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi-1

*Sorry I hade to do it.

Nice one! I must say though I'm glad that Indy IV has eye candy for me...
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #31
Indy_Chic
IndyFan

*Exclusive! First Image of Shai from the Indy 4 Set*

Lol! Great pic!

I believe Cate would play a great villain! I hope that is what her role is in Indy IV.
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:36 PM   #32
Alexandria
IndyFan

Cate is awesome in anything she's in. As for the plot and who her character will be to Indy, it still feels up in the air right now. I'm up for anything as long as it works!
I have to hope and pray that Steven and George have been listening to the fans on this one, and then making decisions from there. remember than we fans don't know everything. Remember "snakes on a plane"? That movie was highly changed by the fans and it ended up being one of the worst films out there. Not that will will do the same thing. but it still hold true, that we should stick to what works for Indy. Stay true to the vision for Indy, and it should all be alright.
Any other thoughts guys?

Oh, and that pic of Fonzzi/shia was awesome!

Last edited by Finn : 06-19-2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: merge
Alexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:15 PM   #33
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Hey, I'm new. This is my first post, but I hope to be more frequent on these boards. But getting back to the topic...

I certainly hope that some of this information is not true. Mostly I'm referring to the Blanchett news. I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care for Last Crusade, and I feel that they are going to try to recreate that by making Blanchett the villain. We've seen that before with Elsa, I really don't think it's necessary to repeat it. One of the things I felt was missing from Last Crusade was the love story, and I'd be disappointed if this one repeated that.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #34
indyt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007
Hey, I'm new. This is my first post, but I hope to be more frequent on these boards. But getting back to the topic...

I certainly hope that some of this information is not true. Mostly I'm referring to the Blanchett news. I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care for Last Crusade, and I feel that they are going to try to recreate that by making Blanchett the villain. We've seen that before with Elsa, I really don't think it's necessary to repeat it. One of the things I felt was missing from Last Crusade was the love story, and I'd be disappointed if this one repeated that.

Welcome Niteshade!!
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #35
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Here's a new article from the Daily Telegraph:

Quote:
She is currently filming the latest Indiana Jones instalment in the US and was recently tagged by Time magazine as one of the world's "most influential'' people.

Quote:
Away from Australia, Blanchett, who is also putting her name and face to Japanese skincare range SK-II, is in serious "action-hero'' mode, playing a Russian villain in the fourth instalment of Indiana Jones, shooting in the US with director Steven Spielberg.
Quote:
"I grew up watching all the preceding movies, so now to be in one will be quite strange,'' she says.

"When I got the call from Spielberg, I just couldn't pass it up. Harrison (Ford) is certainly the hero. And what is great about it is that I can go in for a few weeks and then come back to it later, as it is being filmed in stages.''

Read more...
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #36
Niteshade007
IndyFan

I have changed my opinion now with the appearance of Marion in this new film. My major concern was a lack of love story, and since this film will probably have it, I am ok (and actually kind of looking forward to) seeing Blanchett in a villainous role. I know, quite a change from my last post on the subject.

I still can't wait to see a picture of her in costume.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #37
whipple
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007
I have changed my opinion now with the appearance of Marion in this new film. My major concern was a lack of love story, and since this film will probably have it, I am ok (and actually kind of looking forward to) seeing Blanchett in a villainous role. I know, quite a change from my last post on the subject.

I still can't wait to see a picture of her in costume.

So there isn't one? I was just about to post in here asking if anyone knew where it was. I thought it existed... am I wrong?
whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #38
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

That's right. There isn't any photos. Her role whatever it may be has been kept under wraps. We presume that she is a villain as Marion is in this one and is most probably Indy's love interest in this film. Blancett is rumoured by a few movie sites that she will be a commie villain. I think it was CHUD that said she was going to be a sword wielding Commie. How true that is, who knows?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #39
JoelM
IndyFan

Thumbs up

She does look like she could be a commie that's for sure
JoelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:57 AM   #40
replican't

If she doesn't have a ***** slap fight with Marion in mud/water, I'm going to jump on a plane and set fire to Spielberg's beard and perform amateur liposuction on one of Lucas' necks.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #41
sarah navarro
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't
If she doesn't have a ***** slap fight with Marion in mud/water, I'm going to jump on a plane and set fire to Spielberg's beard and perform amateur liposuction on one of Lucas' necks.

hahahahahahahaha lol!
i think there should be some kind of last crusade love triangle type thing , maybe indy and cate were together but later marion shows up with mutt (babies daddy) and then finds out that cate is actually a commie. ..........just one of my crazy ideas, but i dont want to know what cate plays until the movie comes out
sarah navarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #42
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by replican't

Someone has a lot of anger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah navarro
i think there should be some kind of last crusade love triangle type thing , maybe indy and cate were together but later marion shows up with mutt (babies daddy) and then finds out that cate is actually a commie. ..........just one of my crazy ideas, but i dont want to know what cate plays until the movie comes out

I actually hope that isn't true. They've already done the love triangle thing....

But I did just realize that this is the first time that there have been TWO major female roles (Well, the major part is just guessing). I mean, we had Sallah's wife for...what? Five minutes? And really no other major speaking roles (villagers and singer/dancers in Temple, can't think of ANY other than Elsa in Last Crusade). So it'll be interesting to see how the two female characters play off each other.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #43
Professor Jones
IndyFan

I don't know... Spielberg has got quite a "traditional" perspective about women. They never overtake the scene in his movies. And that perfectly fits the "fairy tale" cut he love so much and we love so much, that make every thing so simple, understandable and enjoyable, even in all its implication of mysticism, exotism and so on..

I mean I don't know how much Spielberg would like to emphatize the contrast between two major female roles, if not in a quite schematic passing-through way. Don't forget the scene will be always robbed by Indy (Harrison's already pointed up that HE is the handsome in the movie!).
Professor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #44
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Ok kids. I've just found out this morning that one of the Breakfast shows down here is about to have an interview with Cate Blancett. I'll let you know if she says anything at all about Indy IV. I doubt it.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #45
NileQT87
IndyFan

um, actually, harrison said ray thinks he's the good-looking one, but he's not--shia's the good-looking one. he didn't point at himself.

but obviously indy is the star, and they'll keep it that way.

let us know if cate's hair is in a black bob (though that might be a wig--and likely is).
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #46
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, guys. I wasn't feeling well and slept in a little but managed to catch the end of the interview with Cate Blancett this morning. She was on the show "Sunrise". She was in Sydney to promote a new website for promoting being green. She didn't have a black bob. Her hair was normal long blonde. But, she was in Australia, which can only suggest that she was taking a break from Indy IV. Other than that, I didn't hear a snippet of Indy IV talk. I'll PM the Aussies here to see if any of them caught the rest of the interview.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #47
replican't

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileQT87
um, actually, harrison said ray thinks he's the good-looking one, but he's not--shia's the good-looking one. he didn't point at himself.

but obviously indy is the star, and they'll keep it that way.

let us know if cate's hair is in a black bob (though that might be a wig--and likely is).

I like the way Harrison Ford adopts what is usually a female trait and is all touchy feely with Ray. I've noticed this in other interviews, where Mr Ford employs similar generosity with his body limbs and it seems to have the calculated effect of bonding with the intervewier.

Guy clearly picked up a few tricks in carpentry class.
replican't is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #48
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

The only old villians left alive from the Indy trilogy..

Lao Che -- perhaps our friend is now a Communist working with the Russians? I haven't heard anyone mention his name ---besides he was alive - in fact he's the only guy -- unless you count Adolf Hitler -- who was in Last Crusade and that would be a great "surprise"!
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 PM   #49
Bullwhip
IndyFan

The actor who played Lao Che is deceased, however.
Bullwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 AM   #50
Finn

It could work with Kao Kan, however...
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote