Indiana Jones Comics

Indy fan 235

I love the comics, especially the Marvel ones. I have nearly a complete run, missing an issue here or there. The art was just about always good and the stories were fun. Heck, they even had Marion and later Short Round in them, so that was cool. I still remember the first time I came across them. It was at a Flea Market in my old grammar school gym. Some guy was selling comics, and at the time, I was just starting to get into them. But, when I saw the Indy comics, I snatched as many as my allowance would allow.

I liked the Dark Horse ones too, especially the covers. I wish they didn't cancel the series.

I think though my favorite Indy comic was in Star Wars Tales #19 where Indiana Jones met Han Solo and Chewbacca (sort of).

Did anyone ever get the magazine size adaptions of Raiders, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade? Good stuff.

:)

Viper

I got several comics for Christmas, and to be honest, I was unimpressed. The comics alter Indy to a more "super-heroey" figure, rather than the Indy in the books or the movies. I guess that's what you get when you have an Indy story written by the man who invented super heroes and villians such as "Purple Man", "Monkey Joe", and "Whizzer".

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I own all the Marvel comics, all the YIJC comics and all but one of the Dark Horse comics in Finnish.

HovitosKing

Hopefully the new DH series coming next summer will stay more true to the characters and plotlines, but keep the standards for artwork as high as they ever did. I love the covers from the DH Indy comics back in the 90's. The Marvel Indy seemed more like GI Joe than Indiana Jones.

walker

one Indy comic story most don't know about

Along with the very brief appearance of Indy and Short Round in Dark Horse Tales, as noted at the beginning of this thread, there's one other rare comic story that I picked up back in 1992 or '93.

At the time the Young Indy TV series, Lucasfilm produced one issue of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles magazine. It included a very short Young Indy mini-adventure. If memory serves, Indy stops some saboteurs from blowing up the oceanliner on which he's crossing the Atlantic. The creator of the piece was Adam Hughes, a fantastic comic book artist who was going to produce a mini-series for Dark Horse before they killed the line.

I think this magazine must be pretty rare. (They didn't bother to produce a second issue.) I've never seen it listed on ebay or anywhere else since it was first published. A great find if you ever stumble across it.
walker

HovitosKing

I know Dark Horse had 1-2 Indiana Jones story arcs ready to go before shutting production down in the 90's, didn't run them because they didn't think there was enough interest. I wonder if those will make their way back now that there are plans to resume Indy comics through DH, either in standalone form or as an integrated part of the new Adventures.

Indy's Fist

I have all the Indy comics. From Marvel to Dark Horse. I also have the Mavel super special issues of the movie adaptations. I also have the 64 page "Raiders" Marvel Movie Spotlight. The only things I'm missing in my Indy Lit collection are some of the "find your fate" books.

I really like the comics they are a bit of a departure from the "real" Indy in film. But they are fun none the less!:D