Indy IV shocking twist

HovitosKing

The plot thing's been done. What about twists? Don't care about the plot. Just the twist. If you could see an M. Night Shyamalan-style twist in Indy IV, what would it be?

Personally, I'd like to see something like Henry Jones, Sr. come back as a post-WWII Soviet spy. That would be quasi-cool, Indy vs. Dad.

intergamer

And then the aliens come and arnold schwarzenegger is in it, but it all makes sense because Indy was an ALIEN ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Raffey

They should put the remains of a scarab beetle in Indy 4. That way when Lucas is too old and senile to know the difference and his daughters are happily willing to sell the rights to Indiana Jones for $$.

Some crack smoking producer/director can put out a Rick O'Connell vs Indiana Jones vs Ash movie and ruin three popular movie franchises at once! :p :D :D

HovitosKing

In that case...

I think that my fellow Raveners and I would band together and protest in front of the Lucas estate. Everyone knows that the film should be Indy vs. Lara Croft vs. Ash!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Its revealed at the end that the adventures were nothing more than the works of an old man's imagination...wait, that's been done before...

Seriously, I think a twist that has his daughter as the bad gal who Indy is competing against would be cool. She becomes good in the end, just in time.

matthiassatlure

They could be in the middle of an action scene (or a love scene) and Speilburg could shout CUT! CUT! and the show the cameramen and all the props and then Lucas could be looking at his watch muttering, "Episode III..I don't have time for Indy and all this junk. Episode III!!!"

HovitosKing

The ultimate screwover

Indy discovers the secret of the ages: thay he's actually the son of a jedi knight. He learns to use the force and battle the dark side, just in time to witness the second Clone War.

Driods and princesses running amok, Indy is given a new trusty assistant--a Wookie named Chewbacca and a startship: The Millennium Falcon. He becomes a sort of rogue captain, under the alias Han Solo, and the rest just falls into place.

Lucas is satisfied with the prequel tie-in and coats it with 10 layers of CGI icing.

intergamer

Aaron H said:
Well, it is aluded to that he might be somewhat force sensitive in the books.

He is somewhat force sensitive, but not at a high enough level to be trained as a jedi knight. The force is in all people, and it is in Han, to a fairly high level, but not high enough. Certainly he is not the son of a jedi knight.

Henry Jones Sr

That's when this fits in.... :D

IndySolo.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Aaron H said:
Its revealed at the end that the adventures were nothing more than the works of an old man's imagination...wait, that's been done before...

I'm trying to think of what you're alluding to...and failing miserably.

Finn

Staff member
Why to think of a new one... just take the classic twist and it works just fine:

Indy: Go to hell! You killed my father!
Reborn Hitler: What? didn't Marcus tell you before he passed away?
Indy: He told me you killed my father! You're evil!
RH: No... I <i>am</i> your father!
Indy: NOOOOOOOO!!

:p :p :D