The New Guy

Swamp

Hi my name is Swamp and I am new to these boards, but not new to wearing Indy gear. I have worn Aldens for six years, mainly as business suit wear. I bought then because they were Indy's boots as well as the look and feel great. Other than that I am just a regular guy from oklahoma with a love for Indy and Star Wars (go by Mace__Windu on Rebelscum).

I do have one question, if anyone can help out. Is it true that Steve at Adventure built is not taking anymore orders? The wife has allowed me to purchase the feora of my dreams and I have finally saved up the money to buy an AB.

Thanks in advance,

Swamp:gun:

Deckard

To my knowledge you should have no problem ordering, the wait time is looking like 9-12 months however. Give him a call sometime during the day, remember your not calling a buissness, just one man, give him some time, and make sure to call during regular hours.

You could also try overseas with Marc and AB Deluxe.

Last edited:

Swamp

Deckard,

Thank you for the info. After reading through these boards for awhile, I know that wait will be worth it in the end. Also love the forum name.

Swamp:whip:

Canyon

Swamp, welcome to the forum! :whip:

The Adventurebilt is a beautiful fedora. You won't be disappointed. (y)

Swamp

I have been searching for who makes Indy's bag and I all I could find from forum, ebay and internet searches is a bag on ebay from singapore and one from Magnoli. The problem with the Magnoli is that it needs a strap. I thought I might go with the Magnoli, any suggestions? Also, I have read on these forums that adventure built is going to make an Indy shirt. Does anyone know when this is going to happen. The Magnoli looks good for the tailored part.:)

Deckard

Swamp said:
I have been searching for who makes Indy's bag and I all I could find from forum, ebay and internet searches is a bag on ebay from singapore and one from Magnoli. The problem with the Magnoli is that it needs a strap. I thought I might go with the Magnoli, any suggestions? Also, I have read on these forums that adventure built is going to make an Indy shirt. Does anyone know when this is going to happen. The Magnoli looks good for the tailored part.:)

AB already produced the shirt you want to talk to Marc at ABdeluxe about that I believe.

Indy's bag is an old gas mask bag. You can actually find these for $45 w/o a leather strap, but hey its the real thing. Try

http://www.whatpriceglory.com/

They also sell theyre bags on ebay which is where i got mine.

Heres mine :

0019.jpg

Im very happy with it, you can then pick up a strap from Magnoli or Todd's.

Also Magnoli's shirt is from what I hear more like a dress shirt as far as quality. In terms of looks its great. I have a wested thats nice.

Last edited:

Katarn07

I plan on getting my bag from Singapore. They're the cheapest I've seen them with a good-enough leather strap.

Mr. Fusion

Deckard's right. They are really nice, but the pattern and material are off. And if you want it as a costume piece (or as everyone prefers to call it, "gear"), then you'll need a better strap from Todd. The Costumebase bag comes with an imitation leather strap with a brass buckle.

I'd also pick up a Staff of Ra headpiece for there, too. It's a really nice prop for a really great price. I have one of those and a resin replica with a more accurate design/shape.

Deckard

Yes, everything Mr. F said is correct. I forgot to mention in that one picture of my desk, you can also see the CB holster and in the picture of my WPG bag you can see a little of the belt it comes with.

Mr. Fusion

Deckard said:
Yes, everything Mr. F said is correct. I forgot to mention in that one picture of my desk, you can also see the CB holster and in the picture of my WPG bag you can see a little of the belt it comes with.

I was wondering where I'd seen that holster before.:hat: I have the lighter version of the holster/belt/whip holder. I don't know why I got the lighter version though.:(

Katarn07

I know the strap's inaccurate. Do you guys have any pics of what it looks like? Maybe I'll upgrade it if it's way off. I thought the fact that it was leather would be good enough. I'd like to see the buckle though.

Deckard

Since I have been collecting I have seen only one Medallion go up for sale on ebay. I immediately used a buy it now, it was up for a total of under an hour.

Mine is an Indy Magnoli, which are no longer made. To my knowledge the only way you can get one now is ebay.

Mr. Fusion

Katarn07 said:
I know the strap's inaccurate. Do you guys have any pics of what it looks like? Maybe I'll upgrade it if it's way off. I thought the fact that it was leather would be good enough. I'd like to see the buckle though.

I had one of Todd's straps before I got the bag. I think I threw the other one away. Sorry.:(

Blue Jay

Deckard said:
Since I have been collecting I have seen only one Medallion go up for sale on ebay. I immediately used a buy it now, it was up for a total of under an hour.

Mine is an Indy Magnoli, which are no longer made. To my knowledge the only way you can get one now is ebay.

Thanks for your response, i will definetly look out on ebay... but i doubt that it will turn up again :(

Great collection, next time i am in nj i will come by your house...:p
No seriously I am very often in nj, i have got relatives there and i am there in may/june this year :D
I am planning my trip to coincide with indy 4, hope it will work out :gun: :whip: