Costumebase gunbelt

Falco09

I just ordered the gunbelt, holster, and whip holder from costumebase on ebay. Does anybody have this and can comment on it ( and maybe post some pics)?

Deckard

I've got it, it's pretty nice, for the price its great. The problem is the leather is a bit cheap, it will scratch easily if you rub up against something solid. Be sure to get the darker colored version. I will post pics in an hour or so.

Blue Jay

i ordered it like 10 days ago and it is still due to arrive :mad:
i did go with the dark brown,
i guess it is more the look of TOD and LC than Rotla.

Mr. Fusion

Blue Jay said:
i ordered it like 10 days ago and it is still due to arrive :mad:
i did go with the dark brown,
i guess it is more the look of TOD and LC than Rotla.

Well, it is coming from Singapore.

And the belt is like all three movies, but you're right about the holster and whip holder. I got the light brown one, but I'm only using the whip holder now.

Blue Jay

my costumebase order arrived yesterday, had to pick it up at customs.
i must say the quality is great!!! it is pleather, but the look and feel is great.
i dont think that it is a 100 % screen accurate, though, but it is totally worth it. i will post some pics soon.
i ordered dark brown, but this is a very light brown. i guess he sent me the wrong color, if i compare it to his pictures.

i also orderd the staff of ra medaillon and i must say that this is one hell of a piece. okay it is the same on the back, but the look is great and very screen accurate and it is metal :)

i am really happy with this order.
watch out for the belt size, because mine is little bit too short. i ordered medium and it is almost too small.

Blue Jay

well, i dont know how it works in the usa. but in germany there are two ways of getting your stuff from customs. one way goes via the postal service. if you have to pay customs you can pay the delivery guy or you have to go to the local custom station in your city.

i was lucky and did not have to pay any customs fees, but i had to go to the custum station in berlin, they just wanted to check the package because it comes from singapure.

i would ask your post office how the custom declaration works in ohio, they should know (y)

this was the second time i bought something from costumebay and was great again! the first time around, the package was not even checked by customs.

Blue Jay

here are the promised pics:

P3280022-1.jpg

P3280024.jpg

P3280017.jpg

P3280018.jpg

Mr. Fusion

Great stuff, Blue Jay! That's a Costumebase gunbelt setup? It looks a hellofalot better than mine. The headpiece is just the same as mine. Good stuff. (y)

Blue Jay

i ordered dark brown, but i got the normal brown instead. i always thought that the dark brown holster is more screen accurate for LC and TOD and therefore it should have been dark brown.
the brown one is close to a raiders holster, but a little too long for that.
I think i am going to shorten it a bit, to get it a little more accurate for raiders.

i will have to compare to other pics.

Mr. Fusion

Have you thought of using shoe polish on the belt and holster? I wanted to try it on my Costumebase set, but I ended up getting Todd's belt and LC holster.

Blue Jay

i thought about using it, but then i started doubting if it will move in the material because the surface is very smooth. can it work?